It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Service Bulletin Update for Window Regulators
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was at the Dealership picking up my Jeep after they fixed another window regulator. The lady at the service counter said that they checked the service bulletins and found that there was one for a new regulator and channel. This is also written on my invoice.

The old regulator part number is 04589266AB

The new part number is 04589267AB

I was also told that there is also some fix involved for the window track or channel. Something about a new part being used.

Maybe we are finally seeing the end of this nightmare.

NSG370 6 Speed Manual Transmission | NP241J Command Trac HD Part Time 4wd | 3.55s | 245/70R16 Firestone Destination A/Ts | Mopar Tow Hooks & Skids | Powerslot Brake Rotors | ARB Rear Differential Cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

About time! Myself, I think they should also foot the bill.

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:05 pm 
LOST Member

This is true! There was a TSB# on the paperwork for Monday. More to come!

-Liberator door handles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Keep us posted.

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That is great!! Thanks for confirming this.

NSG370 6 Speed Manual Transmission | NP241J Command Trac HD Part Time 4wd | 3.55s | 245/70R16 Firestone Destination A/Ts | Mopar Tow Hooks & Skids | Powerslot Brake Rotors | ARB Rear Differential Cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:08 am 
LOST Member

just got my 06 renny & the drivers window came off track (happened to my 04 too). the dealership had to replace it with a new "upgraded" regulator which required the window glass be replaced as well, which sucks cause my windows were tinted. it's still under warranty so i had no issue there but they said it's NOT under a recall. that worried me cause if the passenger side goes after the warranty is up (9,000 more miles) it would cost a small fortune to replace the regulator & glass. anywho....i brought to there attention a slight wobble in the passenger side window & asked them to replace it now as well & they said they would. they had to order the parts (including some sticker thay said had to be put on). it took about a week & a half but the parts are finally in & the renny goes in saturday to get fixed.....then back to the tint place to re-tint the windows....again. i don't know if it's just an 06 model thing with the glass having to be replaced, my 04 only needed the regulator, but if you guys are having even the slightest issue & you still have a warranty, get your liberty to a jeep dealer NOW!!!!! sure hope there's no rear window issues!!!

peace!

ImageImage
*** 3 DECADES OF JEEPS ***
06 Liberty Renegade, Inferno Red/Tan
97 Wrangler, Jeep Green/Tan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:13 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm going through this exact problem with my '06 Jeep Libery Renegade. Had the driver side window/regulator replaced in April '09 and now am waiting for the part for the passenger side. It's been over a week so far and the part hasn't come in to the dealer yet.

Ball joint failures, window regulator failures..what lazy stupid crap-head put this vehicle together???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:13 am 
LOST Member

Put the windows down in my '07 for the first time in 6 months tonight only to find that BOTH the passenger front and driver side rear windows will not come up. Thanks Chrysler! People have been having this crap happen for years and you couldn't work out the kinks in 5 model years. Nice. Yeah, I'm still under warranty but what happens when that runs out at the end of the year?

245/70-R16 Grabber ATs
Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift with Rancho RSX rears
Roof Basket w/home-made cross rails and 4x55watt lighting
Super Skink Sliders
Spidertrax 1.25" Aluminum Spacers
Front Receiver hitch with Warn D-Shackle
Cobra CB Radio with spare mounted antennae

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have the new window regulators in all the windows on my Jeep now. They go up a lot smoother without the window moving in the track on the way up. They replace the motor, the track and the windows. I got a look at the new parts before they put them in the Jeep. Everything is a lot more substantial than the old parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Finally got the front passenger window/regulator fixed. Went to the Dodge/Jeep dearler near me and it looked like a ghost town practically. No new cars in the showroom and very little selection out on the lot. It's pretty sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 am 
LOST Member

I looked online to find a Chrysler/Jeep dealer here in Vegas to take my Libby in to get the regulators replaced. We went from 4 dealers to only one. One dealer to serve a city of 1.5 million. Crazy. Could not get a service appointment for 3 days. They must be overwhelmed.

245/70-R16 Grabber ATs
Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift with Rancho RSX rears
Roof Basket w/home-made cross rails and 4x55watt lighting
Super Skink Sliders
Spidertrax 1.25" Aluminum Spacers
Front Receiver hitch with Warn D-Shackle
Cobra CB Radio with spare mounted antennae

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone have the TSB number for the window regulators? If so, please post it so I can show it to the Service Mng. at the worst dealership in TX.
So far I've had two of them replaced in the drivers side rear door, and the window is coming down by it's self again. The strange thing is the rear windows haven't been used more that 4 or 5 times since I've owned the Liberty (bought new in 05').

Last edited by Evanslmtd on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:31 pm 
LOST Member

What are the signs that the regulator is going? Because my warranty is soon up :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Evanslmtd wrote:
Does anyone have the TSB number for the window regulators? If so, please post it so I can show it to the Service Mng. at the worst dealership in TX.
So far I've had two of them replaced in the drivers side rear door, and the window is coming down by it's self again. The strange thing is the rear windows haven't been used more that 4 or 5 times since I've owned the Liberty (bought new in 05').

TSB #2303807 -- WINDOW BIND, STICK, OR CHATTER. *KB (NHTSA ID #10022629, AUGUST 29 2007)

When you talk to Chrysler be aware that the NHTSA number is NOT the same number Chrysler assigns to the TSB that Chrysler sends out to the dealers. I have no idea what the Chrysler number for their TSB is for this problem. I would suggest calling different dealers until you get one that gives you the Chrysler TSB number and then go back to the dealership you are dealing with and give them the Chrysler TSB. Better yet, find a better dealer that is not trying to duck this problem if they are not too far from where you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:35 am 
LOST Newbie

LibertyRenegade wrote:
What are the signs that the regulator is going? Because my warranty is soon up :x

When the window falls down into the door your regulator is broken. There isn't a heads up or a warning it just happens. It happened to me twice and I didn't get a warning. Maybe, just maybe the window will make a rubbing sound as it closes, and then falls down into the door, but that's it, at least when it happened to me.

Good luck with your windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:33 am 
LOST Newbie

Well, now I've replaced both rear passenger regulators and windows. I've replaced all four windows in the vehicle now but it was all done under warranty which makes it seem a little less annoying. Next up probably are the Liberty's balls sort of speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Amy more updates about a possible recall for the window regulators? My warranty is almost up on my 2007 and I don't want to be left screwed. I’ve already had one replaced about a year ago under warranty but my other windows are slow and shutter when raising and lowering. I only have 20,000 miles on the Jeep, but my 3 year warranty is almost up.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject: Re: Possible Service Bulletin Update for Window Regulators
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's just a matter of time before they go. Replace them if you can. The fourth window, driver side passenger window, in my vehicle wasn't bad yet I decided to have it replaced along with the passenger back window, which was bad. The regulators are hard to find for the dealers to replace. I was told they were out of stock at least when I had mine done. I had to wait about 2 weeks before they came in. Good luck with yours.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

drill holes, weld tracks, stick a HAND CRANK on it :(

if they're rattling, shaking, popping or otherwise not operating smoothly, they're considered out of adjustment and you should be able to get them replaced under warranty

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I’m getting a new window regulator kit on Saturday. I didn’t realize that the new kit also comes with a new window. :shock: Anyway, the dealership is going to check all my windows and replace the ones that they feel need to be replaced. As stupid as it sounds, I’m going to work my windows pretty hard until they all need to be replaced before the warranty is up. :banghead:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.