It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did some wheelin today! (Pics)
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:45 pm 

Well, I went to Hidden Valley Road today which used to be one of my favorite, close in trails. It looks like the FS has graded the entire road now. If you remember our trip from a couple years back that involved hail, downed trees, tow straps, and a few near roll overs...its nothing like that anymore. :dead:

That's the bad news. The good news is they still left the fun hill climb open (pictured below) and they opened up a new shooting area! It is super clean and flat with a fantastic back stop. And it doesn't look like many people know about it yet as there was no one there on a beautiful Sunday afternoon (I popped a few caps just cause I could.) We should definitely schedule a meet and shoot there since it is so close.

Anywho - the few pics we got today.

Please note the freshly bedlined grill. :D

Post subject: Re: Did some wheelin today! (Pics)
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:35 pm 
LOST Addict

looks like fun bro.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:49 pm 

JeepBumm68 wrote:
looks like fun bro.

It used to be a LOT more fun. Here's the last time I was out there with colorado4x4:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=96932

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:20 am 
LOST Addict

I remember when the road was like that. It was way funnier then. I saw a few people lay their rigs on the side. Hit me up next time you go wheeling.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:54 am 
LOST Addict

Like the grill 8) 8)

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:11 am 
LOST Member

That's a sweet looking JK. I really like the fenders and stubby bumper; looks bad arse. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 pm 
I live here
I live here

I'm all for hitting the trail and shooting! I'll bring my two rifles and two pistols.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice JK pictures………….. I also like the KJ flex pic. Do you miss the KJ? Maybe the wife should have kept the KJ and you could have had two really cool jeeps. :mrgreen:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:49 pm 
I live here
I live here

She probably got the convertible BMW.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:51 pm 

Tokyojoe wrote:
She probably got the convertible BMW.

Have never had a Beamer. She got the Jag.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:18 pm 
I live here
I live here

Oh yeah! Forgot it was a Jag. You have to say it like that British woman in the commercials a few years back: Jag-u-aa

[b]Retired, US Military

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Where's that at, I would like to check that out. Out here in Castle Rock always looking for something close.
:CAMPING:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 pm 

From hwy 105 just take Jackson Creek Road straight west until you hit Hidden Valley - take a left. The whole trail (more of a dirt road now) is basically uphill from there. About 1/3 of the way up there is a spur road off to the left with a really fun hill climb. The new shooting area is almost at the end of the trail on the right. You'll see it right before you come to an intersection. At the intersection you can go left and it will take you back to 105 or you can go left and hit Dakan Rd/Rampart Range.

Keep in mind the trail is completely different now, but here is a write up with specific directions and pics: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=201

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hidden Valley is surrounded by private land...and all of Pike National Forest within Douglas County, which includes all of Rampart Range until around mile marker 25ish is BANNED to shooting unless hunting. This includes Dakan Road and Jackson's Creek once you past the Forest gates, before the gates is all private property. I'm not sure where you were able to shoot but I almost guarantee you it was illegal. Not trying to rag on anyone, just warning you because you'd be more lucky to deal with a Sheriff than an errant gun-owning land-owner...either way you're going to be down on your luck.

I know the area very well and I have to go down to El Paso county in Rampart Range to shoot which is the mile marker 25ish border that I mentioned above. A quicker but less flat area to shoot is, from RRR ~mile 15.75 go about 3 miles down FR 348/Long Hollow Road till you pass the "no shooting" sign that is only visible on the southern side. You know you can shoot beyond there because that sign is for people heading north on that trail and it tells them they can't shoot in Douglas County, hence why the "no shooting" is only visible after you've pasted it and turn back to view it. Go figure there's no "now you can shoot" text on the opposite side of that sign. They don't want you to know that 'now you can start unloading'.