It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: GEORGIA MEET AND GREET
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
Today was a good day. We got done the following:

--Finished remounting John's supplementary fog lights after he had installed the Backbone winch mount (which is sweet!!!).
--Replaced my OME rotors with NAPA Ultra Premium rotors and Adaptive One pads.
--Expended Dan's rear diff breather tube and demounted his front tow hooks in prep for his forthcoming custom receiver mounting mod that he is designing/building.

Too bad every weekend can't be like this... :D

I agree. A little wrenching...pizza, wings and beer...a little more wrenching...a little more beer
GOTTA LOVE IT! :pepper:

We've got to do it again. Any of ya'll out there that need help with a mod are more than welcome to head this way....especially if you leave me your left-over beer (thanks Dan) :5SHOTS: :SOMBRERO:

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks like you guys got some stuff done. :BANANA: Great job.
Guessin' it was a dang scorcher there too,no better way to hydrate than with a cold one. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJ 119 wrote:
Looks like you guys got some stuff done. :BANANA: Great job.
Guessin' it was a dang scorcher there too,no better way to hydrate than with a cold one. :mrgreen:

It was hot, sho-nuf, but we spent a lot of time on the concrete garage floor...kinda like an ol' hound dog...working on brakes and tow hooks and diff. vents. With the box fan going it wasn't to bad....and, yes, the cold ones helped. I think we all enjoyed each others company and especially enjoyed getting something done on our KJ's. Wish you could of made it. We'll be doing it again and will let you know when.
John

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:07 pm 
LOST Addict

So who is hosting GA LOST August 2010 Wrench Day??? :wink:

~Sigh~ I wish I still had a garage... :|

One day again... :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can't host this weekend (8/7) because I need to check out Betty"s car for mice and get rid of the smell. The 14th and 21st are still open. The 28th is the day before Betty's B'day and we'll also be getting ready to head to Montana on Tuesday the 31st, so that weekend is out. Ya'll talk about it and we'll do something, even if it's wrong.
John

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Update on August m&g. We're going to Highlands the 14th/15th to visit Betty's sister...so the 21st is the only weekend open for me. Sorry :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm 
LOST Addict

Aug 21st works for me. :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:25 pm 
LOST Member

the 21st sounds like a good day for me too... i need to work on getting my front ome/ranchos into place... :mrgreen: i'll bring a nice supply of Guiness!!

mml & 1.25in bl awaiting install (i'm lazzzzyyyy!!)
31x10.50x15 toyo open country a/t's

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds like an all day project to me....even with Colin and I helping. If you need directions to get here, let me know. I'll confirm the date after next weekend.
John

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:52 am 
LOST Addict

jhblackwell wrote:
Sounds like an all day project to me....even with Colin and I helping. If you need directions to get here, let me know. I'll confirm the date after next weekend.
John

I think Dan has first dibs on our time to do a full lift before ECS, if he is going to do one, but otherwise sure. We would need to start EARLY if we are doing a lift (leaving time for whatever contingencies we come across...)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

UPDATE. Got a call last night and took the compressor back to it's owner who needs it for his cabinet shop. He'll probably have it for the 21st. That means no air tools for whatever is done. I'm still not sure I'll be available Saturday, anyway. I'll let ya'll know.
ALSO. The following Sunday, the 22nd, I'll be picking up and transporting a beef cow to the meat processor's to quarter up for me and some folks...so I won't be available that day for any wrenching.
John

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:54 am 
LOST Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
So who is hosting GA LOST August 2010 Wrench Day??? :wink:

~Sigh~ I wish I still had a garage... :|

One day again... :)

Who needs a garage? We put on my lift in the parking lot haha

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:04 am 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:

I know. I was there, remember? Not something I care to do again... :P :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:20 am 
LOST Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
ChiroKJ wrote:

I know. I was there, remember? Not something I care to do again... :P :wink:

thats why i said we. yeah it was pretty hot that day too

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

New update. The cow got delivered today, so next weekend....21st, 22nd....is open. Still no compressor, but there should be enough to do that doesn't require a compressor. I hope to get some honey-do list stuff done (if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy), and then extend my tranny breather tube and maybe try to figure out why my CB doesn't work since I moved the antenna. Let me know a.s.a.p. so mama's not surprised. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:03 pm 
LOST Addict

You know I'll take whatever time and place to work out of the rain I can get right now before classes get too deep and you and Betty get tired of looking at me... ;-) :lol:

Just let us know... :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Like I said, we'll be here. I may be busy with "yard and garden" (weather permitting) but you're welcome to the garage for whatever you need to do. I've decided to try installing rear coil upper isolators, 2 each side, to try and raise my rear 1", like the front, until I can get some OME 948's or equivalent to install, but that's down the road when I have a compressor. Let me know if and when you're headed this way.
John

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

UPDATE! Just got a call and the compressor is available to us, along with the air tools. As I said, I'll be busy with other stuff, but ya'll are more than welcome to the garage and tools. Let me know a.s.a.p. so I can get the compressor.
John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Been a few weeks (and lots of "other" stuff going on), but I'm itching to do a little last chance work before ECS. I wasn't able to swing the lift, but I DO have a set of BoulderBars waiting to go on, so I need a hand (and a corded drill body and bits) for that. Also, having a firm date will inspire me to rent a MIG from Lowes and finish the last few beads on my front receiver (nothing like a deadline)...

Anyone have some spare cycles the weekend of the 11th or 18th to do a couple multi-person installs? (darned steel is too heavy to hold up with one hand while I tighten with the other :) )

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:20 am 
LOST Addict

I've got the tungsten steel bits and the corded angle-drill for the job but not the space nor the time to do the ATL and back run right now with school having started again, but if John is good with us using his garage one of those weekends then I am game. Pick yourself up some light oil (4-in-1 is fine) to cool the bit while cutting, you will need it.

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4