It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Slide
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wow! That front bumper looks awesome. Definitely interested in seeing how the back bumper develops as well. Subscribed and eagerly awaiting pricing/ordering information.

Post subject: Re: Interest in MtnLuvr's Declassified Off-road Projects
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wow, glad to see there's some interest in the off-road bumpers and sliders I'm developing for the KK. 1,000 views after 7.5 days.

Given all the effort I've spent, I'm glad I'm not the only one really interested in off-road armoring for the KK.

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:08 am 
LOST Newbie

MtnLuvr wrote:
Wow, glad to see there's some interest in the off-road bumpers and sliders I'm developing for the KK. 1,000 views after 7.5 days.

Given all the effort I've spent, I'm glad I'm not the only one really interested in off-road armoring for the KK.

love the sliders bumper looks great too

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

only thing i would change is the tabs on the rear bumper...they look to far apart to pull from..but thats just me...everything looks sweet tho!

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject: Price Guessing Game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Does anyone want to take some price guesses? Here’s the game: Once you post, you can’t edit your front bumper or rock slider price because we pretty much know what they look like; however, you can edit your rear bumper price once he posts final pics. Okay, here I go:

Sliders $450

Front Bumper $950

Rear Bumper $650

Front and Rear bumper combo $1500

Extreme Package (front bumper, rear bumper, and sliders) $1900

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:32 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Sliders: $300
F Bumper: $750
R Bumper: $500

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:39 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Sliders 465
Front bumper 1000
rear bumper guessing here 750

lots of time cutting and bending all very expensive !!

Post subject: Re: Price Guessing Game Stirring the Pot?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Does anyone want to take some price guesses? Here’s the game...
Image I hope this doesn't stir people up and cause issues after I'm able to determine the actual prices...

This is part of why I wanted to wait and not reveal what I was doing until I was done developing my KK off-road armoring and knew pricing. But, since RRiveraKK had, like me, taken matters into his own hand to try to get some KK off-road parts developed for our KKs, I felt like I had to divulge my KK projects so those seriously interested would have reason to hold out hope.

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

shibby wrote:
MtnLuvr wrote:

love the sliders bumper looks great too

STINGN wrote:
only thing i would change is the tabs on the rear bumper...they look to far apart to pull from..but thats just me...everything looks sweet tho!
Thanks. I intentionally put the rear shackle tabs out where they are. They're still structurally attached to structural tubing and to the KK's formed rear structure element, yet, by being that far outboard, they're less likely to be knee-knockers when accessing the rear cargo area. There have been some recoveries I've been involved with where having the tow shackle further from center would've been helpful. If you're needing to pull from straight-away (which is probably most common), then a receiver mounted shackle would be best since it is dead center. That's my :2cents:

tommudd wrote:
...lots of time cutting and bending all very expensive !!
Thanks for the feedback Tom. I felt it best to detail out my parts so they could be made on CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) cutting equipment (e.g. waterjet or laser table). This should make the parts consistently repeatable and should be more economical in batches (cut out of a single plate) than paying a person to stand and manually cut out such weird geometric shapes. Before I started detailing out the parts for CNC cutting, the 1-man shop I was using initially for prototype fab work struggled to manually make left side parts match right side parts, even when he made patterns. For most parts, I've included registration marks in the CNC cut shapes to facilitate locating the break point -- the point the die is lined up with on the press break to put the bend in the part. Given the complex geometries of my bumper designs, to maximize clearances, features and OEM integration aesthetics, having the parts consistently pre-made to facilitate fit-up and welding seemed the most repeatable approach. It was either that or just bolt a square tube to my KK for it's bumpers, but that's not how I roll. :-)r

Post subject: Re: Price Guessing Game Stirring the Pot?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MtnLuvr wrote:

Image I hope this doesn't stir people up and cause issues after I'm able to determine the actual prices...

This is part of why I wanted to wait and not reveal what I was doing until I was done developing my KK off-road armoring and knew pricing. But, since RRiveraKK had, like me, taken matters into his own hand to try to get some KK off-road parts developed for our KKs, I felt like I had to divulge my KK projects so those seriously interested would have reason to hold out hope.

I wouldn’t worry about it. If someone really wants to buy your products, then they will find a way to buy them. Here’s the reality, for every 10 people who say they want your stuff, only 1 will actually fork out the money.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 pm 

MtnLuvr wrote:

tommudd wrote:
...lots of time cutting and bending all very expensive !!
Thanks for the feedback Tom. I felt it best to detail out my parts so they could be made on CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) cutting equipment (e.g. waterjet or laser table). This should make the parts consistently repeatable and should be more economical in batches (cut out of a single plate) than paying a person to stand and manually cut out such weird geometric shapes. Before I started detailing out the parts for CNC cutting, the 1-man shop I was using initially for prototype fab work struggled to manually make left side parts match right side parts, even when he made patterns. For most parts, I've included registration marks in the CNC cut shapes to facilitate locating the break point -- the point the die is lined up with on the press break to put the bend in the part. Given the complex geometries of my bumper designs, to maximize clearances, features and OEM integration aesthetics, having the parts consistently pre-made to facilitate fit-up and welding seemed the most repeatable approach. It was either that or just bolt a square tube to my KK for it's bumpers, but that's not how I roll. :-)r

After looking at what you had so far I knew a LOT of time and energy has been put forth already. Just the cutting and bending of one will take time even with cutting on a CNC machine. I know that the price of everything is up quite a bit as well since I've been pricing steel for , ah well something in the future here
Keep dreaming, planning and developing!
Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Here is my post Craig :goink:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:05 am 

Diggerfreek wrote:
Here is my post Craig :goink:

What a nice guy :roll: :roll: :roll:
:wink: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think workin on them windmills has stirred that boy (Digger) up !

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Maybe :jester:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rear bumper just broke... I'm in the works for one of these....as well as a front... keep me posted as I actually need a bumper now haha

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:23 pm 
LOST Addict

Jeepin_it_real wrote:
rear bumper just broke... I'm in the works for one of these....as well as a front... keep me posted as I actually need a bumper now haha

Oh noooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssss :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

i did a donut when it snowed and turned too sharp and hit a tiny tree. so i have a small crack in the front bumper. so yea i will be needing a front bumper bc i dont feel like fixing the crack lmao :P

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DoubleK wrote:
i did a donut when it snowed and turned too sharp and hit a tiny tree. so i have a small crack in the front bumper. so yea i will be needing a front bumper bc i dont feel like fixing the crack lmao :P
Double, a crack in the top part of the bumper or in the lower part of the bumper like I did to mine:
(held together with a zip-tie after not having enough approach clearance for Moab's Tripple Whammy this past April)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeepin_it_real wrote:
rear bumper just broke...
Sorry to hear that.

Jeepin_it_real wrote:
... I'm in the works for one of these....as well as a front... keep me posted as I actually need a bumper now haha
Thanks for the interest. Start saving your money and figuring out what winch you want to mount to the front of your KK. :wink:

January should see some good progress. Monday 12/27 I'll be performing QC (Quality Control) check on the last major order of computer-cut then formed pre-made parts at my sheet-metal shop supplier. With this order, I'll then have enough of the pre-made parts so can have my street rod shop finish building the 3 complete front bumpers and 2 complete rear bumpers from 100% pre-made, computer-cut, parts. Plus, in this order, I'll have the hardware to start having the various grille guard / hoop prototypes fabricated and test-fit. :D I'm getting very ready to be done and have my KK back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next