It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First window regulator failure for me.....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Drivers side rear, I guess 5.5 years isn't bad compared to what some of you guys get. I'm gonna pull one from the parts jeep to fix it.

Post subject: Re: First window regulator failure for me.....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
Drivers side rear, I guess 5.5 years isn't bad compared to what some of you guys get. I'm gonna pull one from the parts jeep to fix it.

Same here, that is the one that broke on my sport, and the only one that ever broke.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Same here and I had to realign the track to eliminate the bind.
Sir Sam should have the talent to make the window work like a breeze.

Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:50 pm 
LOST Addict

Well I got it in without too much hassle. Removing the old new was a PITA since the window wouldn't roll down.

I'm not particularly thrilled with the stud design of the attachment to the window regulator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not fond of stud design either. Note that when you reinstall, particularly with the Steiger part, you need to be sure the stud is perpendicular to the window. It's kind of hard to see to bend it correctly but a good check is to make sure that the reinstalled retention clip is equally behind both sides of the stud ball. If it's off toward one side or the other adjust accordingly otherwise the stud will pop out of the retention clip and you will have to go back in and adjust. Happened to me.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 am 
LOST Junkie

If you have an 06, the Jeep dealership with repair them for free. I just had my front passenger fixed this morning. It was my first one to go.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:00 am 
LOST Addict

ebbnflow wrote:
If you have an 06, the Jeep dealership with repair them for free. I just had my front passenger fixed this morning. It was my first one to go.

I have an 05. But even then its just less trouble to replace it myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 am 
LOST Junkie

ebbnflow wrote:

Will they repair the window mechanism when the vehicle is out of warranty which most of the 2006 models are by now?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:02 pm 
LOST Junkie

mackruss wrote:
ebbnflow wrote:

Will they repair the window mechanism when the vehicle is out of warranty which most of the 2006 models are by now?

Yep, when I replaced both my rear window regulators with the Stieger i also sent an email to Jeep complaining and got a call telling me to send the invoice and proof of payment and I'd be reimbursed.

Supposedly an official notification will be sent out for 2006 models (at least) in Dec.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here's what I got from Chrysler today. If anyone would like a scanned copy of both documents send me a PM.

December 15, 2010

Dear _____________

This letter is to inform you that the warranty period has been extended for Window Lift Plate repairs on your Chrysler Group LLC Jeep Liberty to 7 years from the vehicles original in service date with no mileage limitation. The extended warranty coverage applies to Jeep Liberty model years 2006-2007.

We are extending the warranty period for Window Lift Plate repairs because some vehicles have experienced repeat concerns with window components. [b]If your vehicle is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do.
If you are experiencing the conditions as described in this warranty extension within 7 years from the vehicle's in service date, simplycontact your dealer to have the repairs performed. Your dealer will inspect the window regulators for proper operation and repair if necessary.

If you have already experienced this window regulator concern and have paid to have it repaired, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. You may complete the enclosed Customer Reimbursement Claim Form and send your original receipts, invoices, and/or repair order to the following address for reimbursement. Your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 21-8007
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007

If you have questions or need any assistance, please contact your dealer or the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST. They can be reached at 1-877-426-5337.

Please keep this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference if neccessary. The warranty extension applies to the above components only, the other terms of your warranty remain the same.

Chrysler is taking this action to demonstrate its commitment to your continued satisfaction.

Chrysler Group LLC[/b]

Good luck!

Rich, N2ZKX......aka Rallycom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:54 pm 
LOST Addict

What I can't understand is why they do something like this, and specify only two model years...when everybody from 2002-2007 has had issues with the windows. That's just stupid.

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune
Euro TC
CB radio
Thrush Turbo muffler
AEM DryFlow filter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I got the letter today too, I have to agree with Sir Sam that it is more trouble to take it to the dealer then to just fix it yourself. I will just send them the receipts for the Steiger kits. :goink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Took the CRD into the dealer after speaking with Chrysler case manager. I was required to have the dealer "diagnose" the window problem. Service Rep said that Chrysler had approved the work. I "just" need to pay a $100 "co-payment". Since the Steiger parts are less than $100. I'm conflicted. That some get the work done for free, while others (me) are charged a "diagnosis fee" or a "co-payment" angers me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey, can you send me a copy of both documents? My email is wstoutamire@gmail.com

Thanks,
Will

rallycom wrote:
Here's what I got from Chrysler today. If anyone would like a scanned copy of both documents send me a PM.

December 15, 2010

Dear _____________

This letter is to inform you that the warranty period has been extended for Window Lift Plate repairs on your Chrysler Group LLC Jeep Liberty to 7 years from the vehicles original in service date with no mileage limitation. The extended warranty coverage applies to Jeep Liberty model years 2006-2007.

We are extending the warranty period for Window Lift Plate repairs because some vehicles have experienced repeat concerns with window components. [b]If your vehicle is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do.
If you are experiencing the conditions as described in this warranty extension within 7 years from the vehicle's in service date, simplycontact your dealer to have the repairs performed. Your dealer will inspect the window regulators for proper operation and repair if necessary.

If you have already experienced this window regulator concern and have paid to have it repaired, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. You may complete the enclosed Customer Reimbursement Claim Form and send your original receipts, invoices, and/or repair order to the following address for reimbursement. Your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 21-8007
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007

If you have questions or need any assistance, please contact your dealer or the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST. They can be reached at 1-877-426-5337.

Please keep this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference if neccessary. The warranty extension applies to the above components only, the other terms of your warranty remain the same.

Chrysler is taking this action to demonstrate its commitment to your continued satisfaction.

Chrysler Group LLC[/b]

Good luck!

Rich, N2ZKX......aka Rallycom

GDE Eco Tune, GDE TCM Tune, Bauer 203* Tstat, Amsoil EaA 201 Filter, Clean MAP, Samco CAC Hoses, Magnaflow Muffler #12226.
New Mopar Fuel Filter, K&N Filterminder, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
225/75R16 Hankook Dynapros

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

According to my Case Manager, if I didn't get the letter my VIN is not covered by the extended warranty despite being a 2006.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:34 am 
LOST Addict

well I got a letter today telling me about the recall/repair, looks like I'll whip up some receipts and submit them for reimbursement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Why doesnt it extend to earlier trucks?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:37 pm 
LOST Addict

Mine just failed today too.
Drivers side rear.

:x :x :x :x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

First one on my 2006 Liberty to go was the left rear, May 2009. Found out they replace them with 2002 Liberty parts, which include full glass, regulator and motor replacement ($100 with my current warranty, $500 without). I found out that the window bracket was going to be the same exact cheap piece of plastic that had failed in the first place, so I chose to spend the $100 on Steiger's part - so glad I did. Why replace all those decent parts and use the same shoddy window bracket that will break again?.

Christmas Eve 2010 (a Friday) my left front failed. Got Chrysler's "so called" extended warranty in Monday's mail. I was so happy to see Chrysler was finally doing something about this ongoing problem. That was until..... the dealership told me that it was my regulator and that Chrysler's extended warranty wouldn't cover it. Also told me that the window lift plate was the most current one so it didn't need to be replaced, which is total BS! It is the same cheap plastic piece of junk. I plan on it breaking at some point in the future. I plan to purchase all of the future window brackets from Steiger. Chrysler's warranty is useless and I feel they have done me dirty! So much for the bailout!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 am 
LOST Newbie

I've had all 4 windows fail. Front two got fixed under warranty, back two failed in 4th year. Thought this letter was a god send until I go to the dealership and they tell me I'm not covered as it covers only the window mount and not the track. After a lengthy discussion that lead nowhere I've decided to simply try another dealership.

Found this letter pretty funny too since I've called Chrysler Canada about this before and they told me there was nothing they could do as it was out of warranty. Hopefully the next dealership is more understanding.

Anyone got a PRT# for the Steiger part?

Straight exhaust