It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fiberglass SkySlider Wind Deflector
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Would love to see these produced.

Bump!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Free_Air wrote:
Would love to see these produced.

Bump!

Same here :D

2009 Unlimited X 4X4,Flame Red.6 speed manual,WarriorProducts Rock Crusher Bumper with Custom Lightbar With 2 Driving Light's 2 Fog Light's, Warn M-8000,KC Slim Light's on Window's,Black Mopar Jeep Rim's,GoodYear Silent Armor 255/75/R17 ,Trailer Tow Group,3.73 Gear's,368W Infinity sound Sys 7 Speaker.2008 Liberty Limited SkySlider Top

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 pm 
LOST Member

I'm in as well, every time i am around 70mph with the radio down i just cant stand the noise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:33 pm 
LOST Member

oh man and you're in bethpage, which would equal no shippings costs for me. I'm right in North Massapequa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

haha yeah so i tryed the deflector mock up... no luck the first time around.. gunna try it again once i have some time cause this semester i have an incredible amount of work

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Your trying to get interest in something that you won't show anyone ...

Sorry, not to be Debbie Downer in the thread but this statement, "thats true... but the guys who really care about stuff are in these forums... if no one sparks that much interest here... it's not worth putting it up just yet", has to be the dumbest statement I've ever heard.
Just because someone isn't on a chat forum it doesn't mean they don't care about anything. With an attitude like that you won't sell a single one!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

mike i dont think you understood my statement correctly. I have made a prototype. But i'm still perfecting it. i can show you the prototype but again it is a prototype. the statement i made about putting it up was in reference to actually having the real(final production) one made. if i do it out of fiberglass i have to have a mold made. Molds are expensive, very expensive so if no one has interest then why would i go through the expense of having it fiberglass if my prototype will suit me just fine. The reason i said that if no one here is showing interest ( and by the people here i am referring to people to have found this forum- not because of a jeep forum but because if you type into google skyslider wind problem links to this forum show up, so if you care enough to at least try to fix the problem then you have the first step) but i'm not getting those people

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:37 am 
LOST Member

Jeepin_it_real wrote:
The reason i said that if no one here is showing interest ( and by the people here i am referring to people to have found this forum- not because of a jeep forum but because if you type into google skyslider wind problem links to this forum show up, so if you care enough to at least try to fix the problem then you have the first step) but i'm not getting those people

Perhaps, as Mike says, you're not getting the proper responses because... as we all well know... Pics or it didn't happen.

There might BE enough interest, if we could actually see what we were possibly interested in (aka see a prototype). Frankly, I would be very interested in a wind deflector, buy I won't buy anything sight unseen. I am however smrt enough to know that a 'prototype' does not equal 'finished product'.

Someone casually floating through google won't read through this whole thread to find that there is only a prototype, and no real solution. They'll go, "huh, no pictures? must just be somebody else trying to solve it, back to google I go".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 am 
LOST Newbie

I have some time on my hands and was wondering about this, what size defelctor would we need? I read somewhere 45" is that about right. Unfortunately while I have this time the jeep is 60+ miles away so i can't run outside and measure.

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:34 pm 
I might just try making my own. This would be awesome but its taking too long, or maybe he just gave up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 am 
LOST Member

Keep us in the loop gfox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm 
I might try to figure out a way to make it kind of like a DIY. It might not be the easiest but it will definitely be the most cost effective. Im thinking about taking one, cutting it in half and extending it in the middle. Or I could go totally scratch and try to make one from plexiglass.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 pm 
LOST Member

The general idea I had was as such:

Buy two "generic" wind deflectors, with a TALL enough void space (on the inside, close to the skyslider) which would allow the sky slider to open/close. Cut ONE of the deflectors in half - and then cut a section out of the middle of the other to place in between the two halves of the first.

The difficulties I see arising are: How do you fasten the three pieces together, and how do you fasten the completed product to the roof?

Remembering that "function" does not always look good kindof kills my original, duct-tape idea for fastening together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:35 pm 
I think we are on the same page. I was thinking a mix of heat and super plastic glue would do well enought to hold them together. As far as putting it on the car, I think some really sturdy double sided tape would work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i'm still in hte process but school takes priority

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:41 pm 
Very true. Im still in school myself but Im getting a little antsy. Plus I think it would be really fun to come up with something. Do you have any pictures of it? On the car?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 pm 
Anyone know anything about this?
http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/69A1368A0A0.aspx
I typed in extra wide sunroof deflector and thats the first thing that came up. I dont think its the actual one in the picture but I dont even know if its wide enough. I havent measured or anything. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 am 
LOST Newbie

I might be too late for an opinion but I would pay about $100-125, I have gone on all the sites I can't to find this and even ordered the sunroof air deflector from the dealership...the parts guy told me oh yeah its the right one, but when I got there they realized they didn't have the one for the skyslider...ebay would be a great way to market these as well :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ya, same here, don't know if this post is dead, but this is something I too would consider purchasing. I'm in Canada, so depending on price and shipping, I may or may not be in the market to purchase it at $125US. $100 might be as high as I'd go (due to extra shipping). I'd probably go with black ready for paint or the smoke semi-transparent of standard deflectors if available.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:20 pm 
LOST Member

Jeepin', I'm assuming you know this but in this link: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56847&hilit=wind+noise is a fix for the wind noise and the leaking of the SS roof. I did it myself and my roof is perfect now. No excessive wind noise other than what you would expect from a cloth roof.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next