It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOST Rockies ever plan LOST CO Wheeling Event?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know I'm just a lowlander, but other than durangotang for LJS 2009-Ouray, has anyone in LOST-Rockies ever thought about organizing a LOST event in Colorado, say in central or northern Colorado (not that there's anything wrong with the Ouray area)? Ya'll have such a beautiful, high profile, made-for-outdoor-recreation, state, just wonderin' if anyone has ever thought of organizing a formal LOST event in your "backyard"?

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: LOST Rockies ever plan LOST CO Wheeling Event?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'd be up for a front range trip next year in the fall. I've got the Well's guide and have thought about spending a long weekend in Area 4, Vail, Fairplay, Leadville area, but be nice to have a guide or maybe someone who can put together a solid three days of trails.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds Like a good Idea. I would be there. :CAMPING:

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

The Ourray event was supposed to be in the Idaho Springs area (I70) but the people said they wanted Ourray. Marty, Troy, Dave, and I all mapped the trails and rode them and we set everything up back then just to have it taken over and moved to Ourray... But my jeep isn't done yet, and Marty's new motor for his is in my garage...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

USAFCOP wrote:
The Ourray event was supposed to be in the Idaho Springs area (I70) but the people said they wanted Ourray. Marty, Troy, Dave, and I all mapped the trails and rode them and we set everything up back then just to have it taken over and moved to Ourray... But my jeep isn't done yet, and Marty's new motor for his is in my garage...

So, when your Jeep is done, gonna put all that Idaho Springs area research to use to organize a LOST group event in Colorado? 2012? :JEEPIN:

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:35 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

MtnLuvr wrote:
USAFCOP wrote:

So, when your Jeep is done, gonna put all that Idaho Springs area research to use to organize a LOST group event in Colorado? 2012? :JEEPIN:

Mid July 2012, I plan to host the first Rock Lizard Annual Rockies Safari, likely around July 15-21, 2012. We would have done it years ago, but Ouray was chosen instead :furious: , then between divorce, deployments, broken jeeps, upgrading jeeps, work, etc., just haven't gotten around to planning it again. However, I have been thinking about it pretty heavily this summer and think we can pull it off for next year. We were going to make trail guide booklets so people could get their own little groups together if they wanted to do their own thing, we were going to have one "scenic" trail group each day and one "technical" trail group each day, and have plenty of trails in that area to do this atleast 4-5 days in a row. All trails would be within a 30 minute or less drive from base camp. I had a camping area picked out, we ran and plotted just about every trail in the area, the trail guides, put together the big bbq for the middle of the week, raffle if possible, etc. The event is right off of I70 which runs from one end of the US to the other, so anyone can make it a fairly easy drive without a bunch of retarded side roads.

Anyways, this is the plan. This isn't a LOST Safari, as last time we busted our @$$es off to put together a LOST Safari event and a couple of LOST members decided on Ouray, and less than a dozen people showed up. So only I am calling the shots on this one. I will know 100% sure in a few months so people can plan way ahead and start saving. Mid July almost all trails are free of snow drifts and the weather isn't too stupid hot compared to August, and gives a month before most schools start.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:52 pm 
LOST Addict

Shouldn't be a problem since no one cares about LOST events anymore, I don't see a scheduling conflict. Pastafari was put on instead of LJS 'cause management was stupefied.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds like it would be a great event. I'll be there if it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
Sounds like some bitterness? :?

At any rate, I'd go if the timing was right.

I would have to agree with that. But I would go too. Nothing is better than camping and wheeling in Colorado when it is over a hundred degrees here.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 am 

Rock Lizard wrote:
MtnLuvr wrote:
USAFCOP wrote:

Mid July 2012, I plan to host the first Rock Lizard Annual Rockies Safari, likely around July 15-21, 2012. We would have done it years ago, but Ouray was chosen instead :furious: , then between divorce, deployments, broken jeeps, upgrading jeeps, work, etc., just haven't gotten around to planning it again. However, I have been thinking about it pretty heavily this summer and think we can pull it off for next year. We were going to make trail guide booklets so people could get their own little groups together if they wanted to do their own thing, we were going to have one "scenic" trail group each day and one "technical" trail group each day, and have plenty of trails in that area to do this atleast 4-5 days in a row. All trails would be within a 30 minute or less drive from base camp. I had a camping area picked out, we ran and plotted just about every trail in the area, the trail guides, put together the big bbq for the middle of the week, raffle if possible, etc. The event is right off of I70 which runs from one end of the US to the other, so anyone can make it a fairly easy drive without a bunch of retarded side roads.

Anyways, this is the plan. This isn't a LOST Safari, as last time we busted our @$$es off to put together a LOST Safari event and a couple of LOST members decided on Ouray, and less than a dozen people showed up. So only I am calling the shots on this one. I will know 100% sure in a few months so people can plan way ahead and start saving. Mid July almost all trails are free of snow drifts and the weather isn't too stupid hot compared to August, and gives a month before most schools start.

Sure pick when I will either already be in or heading back to the Sandbox again!!!! And no you can't use my Jeep