It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Cooper's Jeep Build
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
Thanks Sarah

Post subject: Re: Cooper's Jeep Build
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

Thanks! Should be getting new tires tomorrow or Monday. 31s here I come. Sarah do you turn OD off when you drive? Only ask because we have basically the same tire wheel setup.

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 am 
LOST Junkie

just a little teaser before the tires :mrgreen: man Orlando was nice

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
Sarah do you turn OD off when you drive? Only ask because we have basically the same tire wheel setup.

I leave OD on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yep guess who forgot its Sunday! :banghead: tires will be on Tuesday hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Looking at removing the inner fender liner to get a bit more open space in the wheel wells. If I take the flare off is there a way that I can bolt it on? I'm sick of dealin with rivits and clamps! :banghead: that would also make it so if I go wheeling I can simply unbolt them to take them off before hand rather than have them pop off then need new rivets. Anything I should know before I rip the liner out?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:44 am 
LOST Junkie

Hey Tom or Sarah, I don't know what year it changed but is your computer to the right of where you mounted the bottle. Was going to move mine today but didn't want to rip it out if I couldn't go back on yet. Has anyone with an 03 moved theirs? I could just take it out all together and not worry about it right? Fuse to pull so I don't get a light?
Done with questions :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Need pictures...
Can't visualize what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:53 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Thats right you have the computer there sorry
also running in town or slow back roads have the OD off it will run better and cooler
I have mine off unless on the freeway most times or over 50

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well came home after my run this morning to find a gift from my girlfriends dad, a gauge Bezel because he said he knows how much I love the Jeep and wants to see it run for as long as possible. I'm thinking about putting in a volt and oil pressure guage, just so I can watch things before they go bad and get an idiot light. I noticed there are two different styles of guages, mechanical and electric... Whats the difference and which would you recommend?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 pm 

Electrical you have a sending unit on say the transmission pan that says how hot it is and sends that signal to the gauge
Mechanical you would have an actual line with fluid running up to the back of the gauge
Electrical is way more easier to install

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

Thanks Tom! Picked up a tank for a new washer bottle and just dropped the Jeep off for the tires and wheels to be put on! :BANANA:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

Today was yet another eventful day for the jeep. Pounded pinch welds, tires and wheels went on and then the did a washer bottle replacement! Phew worn out pics to come later

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:25 am 
LOST Junkie

Shot at 2012-06-21
Shot at 2012-06-21

Ill have to take better pics later, these were both with a sagged back end because all the old tires were in the back

Last edited by CoopaTroopa on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:07 am 
LOST Junkie

After putting almost 200 miles on my new tires I dont have anything bad to say. They ride smooth and have out done my others by far. They do great on road and when its wet theve helped me from hydroplaning, we just had a huge storm that left a ton of standing water where I live. I need to take them offroad and see what they can really do now! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sweet jeep! I'd highly recommend rotating those tires at every oil change. I'm on my second set, and they are great tires, but I'd probably still be rockin my first set if I'd have rotated more often than every 10,000. I still got 60,000 miles out of the first set... That tire/wheel combo weighs a ton, so they can be challenging to get back on the wheel studs :evil: You're gonna love that rock lizard bumper too, especially when you need a flat spot to set your beer while you're wrenching!

Frankenlifted (plus 1 extra rear iso. and a 3 nut clevis), Al's gen 4.5 UCA's, Full Mopar Skids, Kurt Hitch, Soft 8's, BFG AT's 245 75 16, Rock Lizard Front Bumper, fence top-rail crossbars (unbent!), some stuff inside...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:37 pm 
LOST Junkie

Just ordered my winch and plate, also got a steal on a skid row transfer case skid that the shop got by mistake months ago. :twisted: makes me want to find a front skid to hide some of what was opened up by the new bumper.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
: makes me want to find a front skid to hide some of what was opened up by the new bumper.

Very easy to make, check pics of Tom's and mine. We both made ours to fill that gap. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:58 am 
LOST Junkie

Just pound a sheet of metal to the angles needed and drill holes for mounting?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You got it, I used a vise, a block of 4x4 and a bfh to fine tune mine. It's mainly there to keep crud out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next