It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not going to be a Liberty owner for much longer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was awoke by the police about 2am today. My Jeep was 90 degrees from where I parked it; one rear tire peeled off the wheel; the other at an angle it shouldn't have been; plastic spread everywhere. They hit the rear end hard enough to break the front bumper so I'm pretty sure the uni-body is tweaked. The other vehicle was nowhere around but there was quite a bit of oil left behind from it so at least I know they aren't driving today, either. :evil:

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject: Re: Not going to be a Liberty owner for much longer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:39 pm 
LOST Member

Dje Ryu wrote:
I was awoke by the police about 2am today. My Jeep was 90 degrees from where I parked it; one rear tire peeled off the wheel; the other at an angle it shouldn't have been; plastic spread everywhere. They hit the rear end hard enough to break the front bumper so I'm pretty sure the uni-body is tweaked. The other vehicle was nowhere around but there was quite a bit of oil left behind from it so at least I know they aren't driving today, either. :evil:

Well that sucks poop thru a bent straw!!!!
Hope they find whoever drove off. :furious:

Bass Player Extraordinaire, Keeper of the Eternal Flame
of the Immortals, Master Swordsman, The "5th" Beatle,
Expert Marksman, Stand-up Comedian, Martial Artist,
Jeep owner, and all around swell guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 am 
LOST Junkie

and to think I felt like poo when I walked out to a broken window and damaged door... Sorry to hear about that :5SHOTS:

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

sorry to here that hope the pepole who did that your jeep pay dearly

2002 Jeep Liberty KJ 245/75R16 BFG Tread Write MTGs OME / rancho lift
1999 Dodge Durango SXT 4X4V8
2012 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6 V6
South Florida Jeep Club (SFJC) Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks everybody. The adjuster did total it, but we have yet to talk numbers. The police still haven't finished the report so I don't know if they've discovered anything new. I'm hoping the fact that it's been 3 days and they haven't finished it means they have evidence that they're working on or something.... Either that or they're just too lazy to file the report. Adjuster wants to see the police report before we talk about a price though. I hate insurance companies and cops, right now. Oh yeah! The finance company called me today because I am 2 days late on my payment right now. This is the first one I haven't paid early and extra so they were concerned about me! :ROTFL:

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I forgot to get any pics when I cleaned her out but here's the few I got the morning of the wreck.

Back bumper:

Front bumper:

On the tow-truck:

If I can buy it back for a reasonable price, the add-ons might be worth it. Detours Backbone, Rock Lizard Step Skinks, $1000 in lift parts, Al's arms, etc. Can't wait to talk to the adjuster!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dje Ryu, you’ve been on the form since early 2007, I’d hate to see another member disappear. I hope things work in your favor.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:05 am 
LOST Addict

Hey....if you are not interested in a buy back I might be.....keep your buddy Sir Sam in mind.....I'm just south of the border from you in fort collins......I have beer......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I own 2 other Jeeps now but the Liberty was my first so I won't be too far away.

Sir Sam, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it back, just 'cause I believe I can get more out of it if I part it out. Depending on how much the insurance wants for it, of course. Hoping to meet with the adjuster to discuss numbers, today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, I finally got an offer yesterday. I almost don't want to say what it was, or what I finally got, just because you'd all faint. But, I did drive it pretty hard: The CVs are in a shed on my Dad's property... been there for about half the time I've owned it! LOL At any rate, I'm leaving everything on it that was on it when it got hit so if you can bid on it, here's where it sits now.

http://www.auctionindex.org/listing/klo ... -6368.html

Not sure when it'll be up for auction though. I don't even have the title yet but I'd imagine sometime late in July. Everything I have that wasn't on it at the time of the collision is going to my wrenching buddy for his wife's KJ.

I'm pretty sure I will own another KJ someday (I keep waving at them from the D150 I'm driving now... they DON'T get it!). Just gonna be awhile, I think. I will check in here, occasionally... at least as often as I have been. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am 
LOST Addict

Sorry to hear, hope you get another one!!! :)

2015 KL Limited

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Dje Ryu wrote:
Well, I finally got an offer yesterday. I almost don't want to say what it was, or what I finally got, just because you'd all faint. But, I did drive it pretty hard: The CVs are in a shed on my Dad's property... been there for about half the time I've owned it! LOL At any rate, I'm leaving everything on it that was on it when it got hit so if you can bid on it, here's where it sits now.

http://www.auctionindex.org/listing/klo ... -6368.html

Not sure when it'll be up for auction though. I don't even have the title yet but I'd imagine sometime late in July. Everything I have that wasn't on it at the time of the collision is going to my wrenching buddy for his wife's KJ.

I'm pretty sure I will own another KJ someday (I keep waving at them from the D150 I'm driving now... they DON'T get it!). Just gonna be awhile, I think. I will check in here, occasionally... at least as often as I have been. ;)

Yup thats the auction house I have an account with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think I knew that. Seen a few of your rebuild threads, I think.

I gave the finance company a check by phone on Friday. They said it'll be about 3 weeks before I get the title. As soon as I have that, I'll take it to the ins company. Not sure how long it'll be, after that, before Klode's auctions it. I imagine you'd know better than I would. I know it would cost me about $1750 to buy it, so I hope you don't pay more than that. Front diff is grenaded, no CVs or driveline attached to it. Engine has been babied with Mobil1 since 20,000 and it has less than 70,000 now. Never a problem with it. New O2 sensor and a new speed sensor in the rear diff are the worst things it's needed. Trans had pan dropped and fluid/filter changed less than 10,000 ago. Wish I could keep it but, not at that price.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Dje Ryu wrote:
I think I knew that. Seen a few of your rebuild threads, I think.

I gave the finance company a check by phone on Friday. They said it'll be about 3 weeks before I get the title. As soon as I have that, I'll take it to the ins company. Not sure how long it'll be, after that, before Klode's auctions it. I imagine you'd know better than I would. I know it would cost me about $1750 to buy it, so I hope you don't pay more than that. Front diff is grenaded, no CVs or driveline attached to it. Engine has been babied with Mobil1 since 20,000 and it has less than 70,000 now. Never a problem with it. New O2 sensor and a new speed sensor in the rear diff are the worst things it's needed. Trans had pan dropped and fluid/filter changed less than 10,000 ago. Wish I could keep it but, not at that price.

It would cost me more than 1750 to buy it unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I signed the title over to the insurance company on Monday so my KJ should be up for auction soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Are you going to buy it back?

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No. If I had another KJ I would but, I really don't need another off-road only vehicle. Running out of room to park the Jeeps I have, now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Found out from a buddy that attends Klode's auctions that my KJ sold for $2400. I'm really hoping that someone bought it to build a SA KJ... hopefully someone that knows what's involved... Anyone here seen it lately? Here's the last "good" pic I have:

Good thing is the "ugly" tire carrier actually saved the Jeep. There was nothing leaking after the spare left two marks on the concrete wall that it got bounced off of! This is going to be one of those vehicles that I regret letting go just like my 62 Bel Air.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dje Ryu wrote:
Found out from a buddy that attends Klode's auctions that my KJ sold for $2400. I'm really hoping that someone bought it to build a SA KJ... hopefully someone that knows what's involved... Anyone here seen it lately? Here's the last "good" pic I have:

Good thing is the "ugly" tire carrier actually saved the Jeep. There was nothing leaking after the spare left two marks on the concrete wall that it got bounced off of! This is going to be one of those vehicles that I regret letting go just like my 62 Bel Air.

I was right. REALLY regret letting it go, now. So many parts that can't be replaced anymore. :dead: