It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Slide
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
Kind of like waiting for a super model to ask you to marry her, odds are you'll die without ever having it

Every time I get an email that this thread has been updated, I get excited. Then I come read the latest post and get disappointed. But this time, I lol'd :)
I'm running stock and go out and enjoy mine all the time! Until I can get some sliders, I'm just avoiding some of the rougher stuff, but stock height with skids makes do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

eoerikson3 wrote:
For the record, I am still impatiently waiting. I know what I like and I like MtnLuvr's design. I will wait until he's ready to start producing these bumpers or someone else comes up with a quality design. If it is next year then so be it. I have no problem keeping my KK off the trails until it is properly equipped.

With what you have you're plenty well equipped for some trail running. I don't have any sliders on mine and just have the stock bumpers and I've escaped with very minimal damage (mostly scratches). The only thing I might suggest is tires. In my opinion, you'll get more out of replacing those stock tires with some nice AT tires than you would from a bumper. Just my :2cents:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's possible to put a winch on without replacing your bumper and for a LOT less. Detoures makes a good winch mount and they have a product to get your spare out from under and on the rear where it belongs. There are a few companies that make sliders and if you're not in a hurry, Rocklizard makes the best ones IMO. There's no reason to wait for mtnluver to find the time to open a business, that's a huge undertaking and may not happen. I would also suggest an OME spring lift and some different tires as well. Don't sit on the sidelines, go wheel that thing, you'll be surprised what it'll do. :2cents: :JEEPIN:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Oops, double post :oops:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

I love that truck. I want the 4inch lift but hear that going above 2 causes to much stress on the axles? Is that true. The bumper makes it look so much more aggressive.

Can anyone shed any light on the axle issues? If theyre not true 4inches might be next summers buy and get away from the Daystar lift all together That I have now

ATH Bumper
245/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT
Skid Plates

Future Mods
Big Tires
Rear Bumper
Rear Tire Carrier
Rock Rash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 am 
LOST Newbie

Tires are my next purchase. I have my eyes set on some Hankook Dynapro ATMs. I am milking the crappy Goodyears until the end of fall when I will splurge on them. I am somewhat frugal with the tires only having 25K on them. I do go camping :CAMPING: and enjoy the ride to our site but I'm not going beyond the dirtroads and paths without a reliable recovery system installed. I have looked into the Backbone System by Detours and that remains an option. I do prefer MtnLuvr's bumpers though. I will make my winch mount choice by the end of winter so next summer I will be able to wheel properly. :JEEPIN:
I like to learn from other's mistakes and experiences. Why should I fail when someone else has already done so and given a wealth of knowledge about it? I will be properly equipped.
And as far as a supermodel is concerned... you can keep her. I am happy with the woman I have in my life. Well, unless the supermodel wants to buy me stuff for my Jeep, and more Jeeps. Then maybe I will consider her. :wink: LOL

Future plans: Steps, roof rack, and some sort of bumper modification for a winch mount.

Post subject: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Sliders
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

This thread has just been stale for so long so that's why people are frustrated once plans are made production is easy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:08 am 
LOST Newbie

musclezmarinara wrote:
This thread has just been stale for so long so that's why people are frustrated once plans are made production is easy.

:dead: I would like to see him license the design to someone that has the time to put this into production. There! Resurrected again. :goink:

Future plans: Steps, roof rack, and some sort of bumper modification for a winch mount.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am 
LOST Junkie

zzzzzzzz

Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Would it be copyright infringement if i fabricated my own bumper using a picture of MntLuvr's KK? It cant be too hard actually, and i can weld like the dickens...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SD961960@gmail.com wrote:
Would it be copyright infringement if i fabricated my own bumper using a picture of MntLuvr's KK? It cant be too hard actually, and i can weld like the dickens...

He doesn’t have a patent on it, so it wouldn’t be a copyright infringement. Without having one right by your side, then it would not be much of a copy anyway. You don't know what his mounting brackets look like, etc.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:twisted: go for it :rockon:
Start a thread though, this ones full and there are a couple of people still holding out for one I think. I'd like to see your progress, I love fabricating threads. :seuss:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:38 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

I'd change a couple things so it doesn't look exactly like his. Remember he put a ton of work/ trial and error/money into these and even though he hasn't been in touch for a long time doesn't mean he isn't going to produce them. We'll know for sure when Mtnluvr says it himself.
When i was designing my bumpers I took ideas from a lot of different designs from other trucks too.
If you need any help with mounting ideas etc pm me I'll gladly help ya.

ATHFAB.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Keep in mind that Rock Lizard Fabrications will be producing the KK front bumper as soon as they finish current orders.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Keep in mind that Rock Lizard Fabrications will be producing the KK front bumper as soon as they finish current orders.

Do we know this for sure? Because he hasnt responded here in quite sometime...but if he's nearing completing then i might wait a little while or so, but to be honest, i dont think i want to buy a product from someone who has such a lack of interest in his future customer base that he cant take two minutes out of his day for a simple update.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

Atthehelm wrote:

I'd change a couple things so it doesn't look exactly like his. Remember he put a ton of work/ trial and error/money into these and even though he hasn't been in touch for a long time doesn't mean he isn't going to produce them. We'll know for sure when Mtnluvr says it himself.
When i was designing my bumpers I took ideas from a lot of different designs from other trucks too.
If you need any help with mounting ideas etc pm me I'll gladly help ya.

Thanks Atthehelm...might take you up on that if i need it..that is once i get started on this project,...apparently from some posts here MntnLuvr is fulfilling some orders and is supposed to start production, id really like to just uy the finish product, but if i know for sure its not happening, then ill make my own...i like fabricating too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dieselenthusiast wrote:

Do we know this for sure? Because he hasnt responded here in quite sometime...but if he's nearing completing then i might wait a little while or so, but to be honest, i dont think i want to buy a product from someone who has such a lack of interest in his future customer base that he cant take two minutes out of his day for a simple update.

Yes, I know that RL will be putting KK bumpers into production. You have to realize that even though RL is not on the forum making updates, he’s building and shipping products on a daily bases. If you think about it, nobody is coming onto the forum and giving updates. JBA doesn't do it. All J’s doesn’t do it. MtnLuvr doesn't do it, Detours doesn’t do it. Well, you get the point. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

dieselenthusiast wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:

Yes, I know that RL will be putting KK bumpers into production. You have to realize that even though RL is not on the forum making updates, he’s building and shipping products on a daily bases. If you think about it, nobody is coming onto the forum and giving updates. JBA doesn't do it. All J’s doesn’t do it. MtnLuvr doesn't do it, Detours doesn’t do it. Well, you get the point. :mrgreen:

How can i get him to build me one then? do you have his email address?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

How can i get him to build me one then? do you have his email address?

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/

info@rocklizardfabrications.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lets just say rock lizard is 100 percent making bumpers for the kk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next