It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well it is expensive. That's not a critisizm. Im glad he did it. All of us in the KJ community benefit from people like those at LR. I've wheeled pretty hard for the last twenty years. All over Washington State. Fordyce Creek, the Rubicon, the Dusy Ershim and the hammers in Kalifornia.

One thing I know is this, IF you wheel your truck hard it's going to get body damage and beat up. I just dont see to many people wanting to spend that kind of cash on a rig to make it that nice only to beat the hell out of it.

I Built this for that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 am 
LOST Junkie

Cool he has it. But it doesn't matter you will not get it after you pay for another 2 years. just locally i know 2 ppl who have payed for bumpers and 1.5 years later still getting the run around saying he will be done in a few months. I know I don't have my kj anymore but I'm happy I never went to this guy for anything

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:10 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

ohv_kj wrote:
Cool he has it. But it doesn't matter you will not get it after you pay for another 2 years. just locally i know 2 ppl who have payed for bumpers and 1.5 years later still getting the run around saying he will be done in a few months. I know I don't have my kj anymore but I'm happy I never went to this guy for anything

Funny since I know of several who recently ordered and have the parts they wanted within a few weeks
Times change ya know

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 am 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
ohv_kj wrote:

Funny since I know of several who recently ordered and have the parts they wanted within a few weeks
Times change ya know

WOW, I swear they must use different money!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

yep i've been waiting six months for my bumper. lost hope after the fourth "it's being started this week"

Procomp rockkrawlr 16x8 4.25bs with 265-70-65 General Grabber AT2's
Mopar full skid plates, JCR stage 3 Rock Rails
Kenwood HU, 6.5 pioneer marine grade door speakers, JL stealthbox kenwood amp
GDE HOT tune
Soon to come
RL Rock monitor bumper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here we go again...

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

tommudd wrote:
ohv_kj wrote:

Times change ya know

How's eric's bumper coming along?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 pm 

Ms5490renegade wrote:
tommudd wrote:
ohv_kj wrote:

Times change ya know

How's eric's bumper coming along?

Knew you'd be along soon
Why don't you ask the two people who are involved in it
none of my business, or yours
its between those two

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 am 
LOST Junkie

I don't like myself or others getting taking advantage of. It's funny how someone build things for some people and gets them out but there are others "lost" in the world? The excuse emails I read are not congruent with each other. I know what has happen, He must of took peoples money to move. To build other late Projects? Just saying don't take the work if you cant produce and promise a time to get things done on more then a couple occasions. RL getting this SAS kit out is another adventured paid by the people who ordered parts and are still waiting. Yes I'm on here slandering his name but it is BS how his Business is being handle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am 

Back on topic or lock it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

ohv_kj wrote:
I don't like myself or others getting taking advantage of. It's funny how someone build things for some people and gets them out but there are others "lost" in the world? The excuse emails I read are not congruent with each other. I know what has happen, He must of took peoples money to move. To build other late Projects? Just saying don't take the work if you cant produce and promise a time to get things done on more then a couple occasions. RL getting this SAS kit out is another adventured paid by the people who ordered parts and are still waiting. Yes I'm on here slandering his name but it is BS how his Business is being handle.

Agreed. I'm sure his doo doo is great. People who have actually received the stuff love it to death. 10k is a lot of money to give some person for a kit that may or may not get to you when you expect it to come in. I feel like learning to do the work your self and making a custom project would make for a much cooler and respectable liberty than a bolt on kit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Everyone posting negatively about Rock Lizard I have a very simple non aggressive honest question for you. How much do y'all know about him?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ms5490renegade wrote:
. I feel like learning to do the work your self and making a custom project would make for a much cooler and respectable liberty than a bolt on kit

Funny coming from a guy that ditched a KJ for a JK to do all the "bolt on" stuff so he didn't have to be creative and look like every other JK out there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i will say that his stuff looks good if i had the cash i would get some of his stuff it would be nice to know what the back story of what is going on from him and not second hand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 pm 
LOST Member

It shouldn't matter what is going on personally with "him", aka Marty. That's his personal business not ours. The main problem is with the business Rock Lizard Fabrication. That's who people order from.
When customers complain about business relations with RL on this site I notice certain people then get in the defensive mode of protecting their friend Marty. To me I don't know Marty but I will take people's word that he is a great guy. If I was his friend I assume I would get my product sooner than others. No different than I treat my friends.
If you take out all the people that are Marty's friends out of this tread it is mostly bad reviews for RL. That's seems like a fact at this point.

96 Ford F350 4x4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

The point of this thread has been lost

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:02 pm 
LOST Junkie

tjkj2002 wrote:
Ms5490renegade wrote:
. I feel like learning to do the work your self and making a custom project would make for a much cooler and respectable liberty than a bolt on kit

Funny coming from a guy that ditched a KJ for a JK to do all the "bolt on" stuff so he didn't have to be creative and look like every other JK out there.

I ditched my kj because it was a turd. It wasn't made for what I wanted to do with it. At one point I wanted a sfa on my kj but I realized it was pointless. The JK does everything I want it to. My vehicle decision isn't the topic here. The sfa bolt on kit is. And the guy who makes it.

And for the record I don't want some insane custom project with my JK. A mild offroad build is all I wanted.

Would you, oh great and mighty Troy, ditch your set up for the rock lizard set up? I think you'd be stupid to. I don't like you for the most part but I respect you for the custom job and time you put in your Jeep.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 pm 

Ms5490renegade wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Ms5490renegade wrote:

I ditched my kj because it was a turd. It wasn't made for what I wanted to do with it. At one point I wanted a sfa on my kj but I realized it was pointless. The JK does everything I want it to. My vehicle decision isn't the topic here. The sfa bolt on kit is. And the guy who makes it.

And for the record I don't want some insane custom project with my JK. A mild offroad build is all I wanted.

Would you, oh great and mighty Troy, ditch your set up for the rock lizard set up? I think you'd be stupid to. I don't like you for the most part but I respect you for the custom job and time you put in your Jeep.

Now OK I have to laugh at that statement :-)r
very funny for sure :ROTFL:
Ah do you know where Troys was built?
Ah............ try Marty's ( Rock Lizard) driveway
Thats where Troy and Marty built it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Ms5490renegade wrote:

Now OK I have to laugh at that statement :-)r
very funny for sure :ROTFL:
Ah do you know where Troys was built?
Ah............ try Marty's ( Rock Lizard) driveway
Thats where Troy and Marty built it

Yeah Like Tom stated I have the prototype bolt on lift on my KJ from Rock Lizard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:18 am 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

:-)r

3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles (Decommissioned)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next