It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 CRD glow plug replacement...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just finished replacing my #2 glow plug thanks to help from guys on this forum!

Several questions remain:
I can't open any pictures associated with posts unless they are the "click on" type. The yellow box ones would be helpful. Any place to see good pictures of the MAP cleaning, removal of FCV and access to #3 and 4 glow plugs?

Need pictures or shop manual photos or??

If a 1/4 " piece of the ceramic on the glow plug end fell off and I have not had any major problem with the engine except the 1263 code, do I assume it got expelled in the exhaust? Car runs great/smooth.

Thanks for the help. Couldn't have done it without this forum!

Goudey

Post subject: Re: 2006 CRD glow plug replacement...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

Goudey wrote:
Several questions remain:
I can't open any pictures associated with posts unless they are the "click on" type. The yellow box ones would be helpful. Any place to see good pictures of the MAP cleaning, removal of FCV and access to #3 and 4 glow plugs?

If a 1/4 " piece of the ceramic on the glow plug end fell off and I have not had any major problem with the engine except the 1263 code, do I assume it got expelled in the exhaust? Car runs great/smooth.

Removing the intake elbow and fcv is a medium sized job. Long extensions are a must. Also, get the intake gaskets. Check or order from idparts. There is a tech article on removal. I brought my tablet to the garage to help me.

More than likely, that piece is long gone. You are a lucky one. You probably have superficial piston and head damage like I do. But, your turbo could have been dinged up a bit. Mine was from 2 glow plugs. Just keep an eye on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the info...

How to get a shop manual or pictures?

Something showing the hose routing and how to clean out the MAP?

I will keep my fingers crossed as this is a nice little wagon but sure has had it's share of mechanical problems...rear brake siezed, torque converter replaced (dealer did) fuel filter head wiring burned up, hoses leak oil and needed cleaning out, air bag light on continuously, plus the glow plug problem. Man I like working on cars but this is a full time job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pictures - if all you see is a small yellow square you are using IE9, switch to Firefox or Chrome and the pictures will appear.
FSM - go to Sir Sam's NOOB site link and get both 05 and 06 FSMs - lacks cooling system data and diagnostic but has illustration keys while 06 is the reverse
MAP cleaning - Sir Sam's NOOB guide
Glow plug piece - ChooChooman74 is on point especially if the break is "sooty" not shiney. Hope you are using Etenoc1 drop in 7v replacements. If you are using the DCJ 5v replacements remember you need an ECU flash BEFORE powering those plugs up.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs