It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turn signal/hi-lo beam stalk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Has anyone had to change their turn signal stalk? Looks like I'm gonna have to do this SOON!!! 3:45AM this morning I'm driving home from work and all of a sudden ........ :shock: ........ DARKNESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Reached up and jiggled the turn signal / Hi/lo beam stalk and they came back on! :furious: This can't happen to me with my history!!! :grim: :dead: Happened twice after that. I use my hi/lo beam switch on these back roads 6-8 times a night. I drive 40 miles one way through farm country and the roads are pretty flat and straight ...... not a lot of traffic (sometimes I only see 3-4 cars and a couple semis in 40 miles) but lots of deer for me to hit if I cant see 'em! :ALONE: Can't seem to locate the link on here for the downloads for the FSMs (I know I saw them here somewhere). :roll: Can anyone at least point me to those?

Post subject: Re: Turn signal/hi-lo beam stalk
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OK ... Thanks for responses. :roll: Guess no one here has had this problem yet. Found the dimmer switch mechanism, it's mounted at the base of the steering column and operates off a rod that runs from the turn signal switch down along the steering column to the actual dimmer switch. Had to tear the bottom portion of the dash off to get to it. Simple fix once I got there. Got the part at NAPA. Did a couple other things I'll post in my build thread.

Post subject: Re: Turn signal/hi-lo beam stalk
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well glad you got it fixed man, I had something similar happen to me on my old YJ... late at night, pouring down rain and the head lights go out.. my windshield seal was leaking due to all the rain and blew the fuse..

1977- Jeep CJ-5