It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wheeling???? Heellllooo?
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:53 pm 
LOST Junkie

Guys, I've been trying like crazy to get you all out for some wheelin. Any takers here, or is it gonna be every man for himself....we have an AMAZING weather forecast for the weekend, and it would SUCK to miss out.

Later.

-2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Overland Expeditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:31 pm 
LOST Member

zeero i think you probably have the most knowledge of where we might be able to go. set a date, make it newbie/stock friendly for the first one, and I'll bet you get some takers man. I'm there unless I end up havin to work...... what about checkin out 17th? are the bad spots "bypassable"? Right now my weekend is open......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:39 am 
LOST Newbie

yeah i'm down for it. Just let me know where we are meetin up first. Also keep in mind my Renny is pretty much stock at this point... but i'm still in :twisted:

Last i checked it was gonna rain this weekend... that means MUD... i have tow hooks hahahaha

A bit off topic... my buddy has a set of MTR's for sale... what's the biggest size i can fit without a lift? (a bit of rubbing doesn't bother me)

Last edited by snow blower on Thu May 11, 2006 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:41 am 
LOST Newbie

i just noticed the avatar pictures.... 3 black rennys... is that a kodak moment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:34 am 
LOST Member

I'm runnin MTR's on mine, no lift, 2003 model so it's lowered like yours. I am runnin 225 75 R16 and they ony rub the smallest little bit when the wheel is locked to the left and backing up. They fit really well. I am sure there are other sizes that will fit with minimal rubbing too.

Yeah with the rain that is coming, the holes will probably be deep. have you guys extended your breathers yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:00 am 
LOST Junkie

Hey guys!

Wow, this thread woke up! :lol: I am busy Saturday morning with work until noon, and Sunday I'm supposed to be leading a hike through rattlesnake point with some family friends (weather depending) soooo we have Sat. afternoon....or better still next weekend??

17th is an excellent place to learn the tricks of the trade. It has some rock, mud, and will bounce you around pretty good at certain spots.

Skid plates....whose got 'em? Tow straps? Those are my only concerns. Having stock suspension and tires will get you through, just be prepared to get stuck and/or have your skids banged a bit. In my opinion that what skid plates are for! :wink:

17th side road has two holes. The one at the end is called "The trough" excellent place to get pics (and to turn your knuckles white if you've never done it before) the second hole is in the middle of the forest and there is a big rock under the water that gets moved around when it gets hit. But we'll scout that out before hitting it.

After the rain these holes will be FILLED UP....stock suspension, it could go over your hood and drown your motor....I'll scout it today or tomorrow and let you guys know.....but I think next weekend would be better anyway to let it dry out, plus plan our meeting a bit more.

Glad you're all interested....I'm dieing to go!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

If you like, email me at KJEXPGROUP@hotmail.com so I can get your guys email and we can chat more about heading out there!! :wink:

Overland Expeditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:06 am 
LOST Junkie

Oh yeah, there are a couple of other trails I'm gonna scout as well over the next day or two, so we could hit those instead or as well....17th side road only takes an hour or two, depending on how you go.

Snow blower: Yeah I'd stick to 225's without a lift, what size are your buddies tires? A little rubbing is okay, but too much and it'll tear your bumper cover or fender flare off! YIKES :shock:

Awesome! Can't wait to get out there! :wink:

Overland Expeditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Skid plates - check!
Tow strap - well not likely the quality we would need! The only thing i have is some crappy nylon rope thing that came in a vehicle emergency kit... only 6000lbs strength which means only 2000 lbs load (i think!) which is not enough to pull a KJ out of the mud...

Guess i need to pick one up...
Thinking about heading over to the Ontario RV Open House this Saturday... they've been building, repairing and customizing Jeeps for 30 years... betcha i can pick up a good tow strap there! =)
There are pictures at http://www.ontariorv.com/new_page_6.htm from last years open house... Looks like easily 50 - 60 jeeps with a smattering of KJs! :D
Anyone else wanna come with me to represent KJs!? It is from 11 am until 3 pm so...
If nothing else it should be a good chance for me to see some kick booty rides!

zeero, at 17th are there bypasses around the deep pits? I havent even had the KJ for 72 hours... i'd like to take her for a run but avoid mud up to the doors if possible! heh heh just looking to climb some hills, maybe a little mud but you know... i have to reign it in for a while until my wife gets comfotable with the fact that our Renny was *meant* to offroad! :twisted:

Pics coming realllllly soon! Although who cares about pics of a stock KJ... :P I do! I do!

- KJ eXpeditionary Group : Founding Member
- Southern Ontario (S.O.) L.O.S.T
- CarDomain #2347285

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

I'll represent KJs for sure man.....I'm involved until 11 or 12 at work on Saturday, but after that...just let me know where you'll be....

Yeah, my wife was a little nervous about the whole off roading thing to when we got the Renny, heres some pics to show yours :wink:

17th there are some side passes to a couple of things....but I have this new place in mind I want to scout out....seems like an easy spot.

Let me know about Saturday....and the rest of you about next weekend! :wink:

1) Climbing a rock

2) Climbing a rock at 17th Side Road :twisted:

3) Muddy at the mall after 17th (beside me is a Chevy Equinox SUV look how small it is!! :twisted:

4) Climbing a pile of dirt at 17th

5) The end of 17th...muddy!! :twisted: :lol:

Enjoy talk to guys soon!!! email me...let me know...whatever!! :wink:

Overland Expeditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'll be at the open house helping burn the burgers and dogs. Hope to see you there.

Tarkus is So Lost#000345
KJ Expeditionary Group
31" MT/R's and Rustys lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:32 pm 
LOST Member

I've got two straps, one is rated for 14000 and the other is 21000. full skids and hooks front/back so good ta go. I'm guessin I'll get stuck a few times cuz my MTR's are really worn pretty badly, not much tread left, but hey thats half the fun!! Gonna extend the breathers tomorrow after work. don't need my diffs or transfer case gulpin any gritty water again! Will try to make it on Sat to check it out!

Here's a couple pics from the last time i did some challenging offroading (was challenging for me anyways). The pics never do justic.... this was jeep jam 2004 in Bobcaygeon.

Thank god for skids man!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

I did Greens Mountain last fall.

Skids only help protect the underneath

Tarkus is So Lost#000345
KJ Expeditionary Group

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:05 pm 
LOST Member

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Those are some great pics guys!!

zeero, itsajeepthing : PM'd you about meeting up and heading over to the open house... maybe meet up at the Tims in the area and then head over...

Looks like next weekend is going to be a no-go for me... And between my wife's bday and mine there may be no getting our new Renny dirty until late June... :?
Maybe... maybe June 3rd weekend but we'll see i guess...

tarkus, didja flip it??? :o If not then what are you doing driving into trees?! I know there is a story here somewhere...

- KJ eXpeditionary Group : Founding Member
- Southern Ontario (S.O.) L.O.S.T
- CarDomain #2347285

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:19 am 
LOST Junkie

Awesome pics guys!

June 3rd...or late June?! OMG I'm gonna DIE! :lol:

Yeah we can do the meet up thing...prior...I should be out of work at the latest 11:30 12....I have to read your PM still soooooo,

Jeepthing: Next weekend, you and whoever else....hopefully EVERYBODY...you to Shadow :roll: :lol: (kidding) 17th sode road....and maybe one tow other spots...but we'll organize that later.

Overland Expeditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well us XJ guys as well as a few other will hopefully be hitting the trails on the 21st(minden), check the PUBLIC runs section on www.soxja.org for info.

www.soxja.org
Ontario's Cherokee(XJ/ZJ/WJ) Site- please Check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

Guys....wheeling on June 4th....Raglan Pits, then 17th in Milton.....coming?!?! I see 37 posts to the advertising post....no response....come on guys this is gonna be a blast!! :wink:

Overland Expeditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:14 pm 
LOST Member

If I don't have to work, I'm there!! Need directions or to hookup with somebody tho..... havce no idea where this place is!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

check this post
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=8959

and don't forget to check here as well
http://kjexpgroup.netfirms.com/phpbb/nfphpbb/index.php?sid=4ff12d11e3825b90ef8a6123392bc536

Tarkus is So Lost#000345
KJ Expeditionary Group