It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:50 am 
LOST Junkie

good job

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:47 pm 
LOST Member

@ Squeeto: many thx for this thread, just bought me an MPPS too... :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:04 pm 
LOST Addict

samse2101 wrote:
@ Squeeto: many thx for this thread, just bought me an MPPS too... :wink:

Agreed, thanks to everyone who has put time into this. I am hoping to ultimately become self sufficient when it comes to tuning, but I definitely appreciate the EGR/FCV delete tunes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:58 pm 

Let me add to what others have posted,
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in making these loads possible for all of us.
It is the great things like these that make this site the best there is for our CRD family. :-)r
A special thanks to Toy who started me down this path of learning!
On my forth load so far... 8)
This is Good Stuff!!!!! :jester:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

WWDiesel , you have email , i have mixed a Toy_vw DTCs delete and a tune made by me , let me know how it work and if you like it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I successfully backed up my ECU last night. I'm a little confused on your reference to maps by the number 8xx (i.e. 808, 809 etc). Where are you seeing that ID?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:59 pm 
LOST Addict

bugnout wrote:
I successfully backed up my ECU last night. I'm a little confused on your reference to maps by the number 8xx (i.e. 808, 809 etc). Where are you seeing that ID?

I can't remember if it came up in MPPS since I did that back in January, but it shows up in the editing programs(WinOLS and ECM Titanium). Yous should be an 811 being a 2005.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok, got Titanium loaded tonight figured out how to select english and loaded my binary. The software did not locate a compatible driver on its own. I selected the 811 driver and loaded it up. It loaded and showed which maps were available. I didn't try any of the other drivers yet, just taking it on faith that 811 is correct. Played around with the 2d and 3d map representations.

Rereading the first thread, sounds like Titanium provides a limited number of maps. Which tools are you using that provide access to all the maps?

Anyone try to launch two instances of Titanium on the same machine so you could compare maps side by side?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:40 am 
LOST Junkie

bugnout wrote:
Ok, got Titanium loaded tonight figured out how to select english and loaded my binary. The software did not locate a compatible driver on its own. I selected the 811 driver and loaded it up. It loaded and showed which maps were available. I didn't try any of the other drivers yet, just taking it on faith that 811 is correct. Played around with the 2d and 3d map representations.

Rereading the first thread, sounds like Titanium provides a limited number of maps. Which tools are you using that provide access to all the maps?

Anyone try to launch two instances of Titanium on the same machine so you could compare maps side by side?

if you want , post your ORI file and i'll compare , for see if it is a 811 or what , titanium provide a limited number of maps but if you know "how and when " touch the map , is not a problem , in win 7 i can't launch two instances

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

bugnout wrote:

Titanium doesn't have binary file compare option; too bad.
But you can open both files and manually compare the two in WinOLS (which also doesn't have a binary file compare option). I run a separate binary file comparer program and search for the location of the first difference and then look in WinOLS for that location.

bugnout wrote:
The software did not locate a compatible driver on its own.

Stock tune? I know that the original 808 (2006, American) finds a driver at 100% and the checksum indication comes up a green 060.
Take up Yeti on his offer. There is no vehicle personal information in the file.
Or wait for Nick to respond; he would also be able to say if a 100% driver was found.

My flasher should come today or tomorrow and then I will post a few pictures to help with this.

Last edited by Squeeto on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

Also, if you open the map file in Windows WordPad (barbaric, I know), you could see the software version.

This is in the first line of the 808 (2006) original file - 1037380808

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I used HxD to open the file and verified its 811. Checksum is green.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi,

If you can open your original in ECM, abort out of the auto driver search when you open your file, and on the main screen hit "info." It will say something like this:

Bosch
EDC16C31

The last 3 digits is the software version of the driver you want to manually search for in the drivers. If you have a 2005 CRD, you most likely have the 811, which I have already tuned and is available for download on the first page of the this thread. There is two types, one stock with EGR and FCV delete and one hot tune with EGR and FCV delete. As long as the software version matches you can load them as they are...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:38 am 
LOST Junkie

nicktb wrote:
If you can open your original in ECM, abort out of the auto driver search when you open your file, and on the main screen hit "info."

Definitely the easiest way.

Nick when you load your original 811 file, does Titanium find the driver at 100%?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:09 am 
LOST Addict

Have any of the performance tunes from the OP eliminated the torque reduction during TC lockup?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 am 
LOST Junkie

in mine i have not find the TC limiter , in lockup i hear much power , but not the same that i have in 2wd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 am 
LOST Newbie

Maybe a silly question: I'd like to play around with these tunes for my 05 Liberty CRD, but already have the GDE Eco tune installed. Will I gain/lose anything by experimenting?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 am 
LOST Member

Could someone take a peek at the original file I pulled off my ECM with MPPS I have a 06 I thought I saw it show 808 but when I open in wordpad I see: 1037377526P53362K4 https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq2xer4kjuk3k ... d-ORIGINAL thanks.

Last edited by blake1827 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Blake1827- I looked at your file, you have the "526" software according to ECM. I just compared it to a stock 808 file and there is a lot of differences...

Eskymo- If you have the ECO tune, you can gain from more HP, and EGR/FCV deletes over the eco GDE tune (if they were not disabled/deleted by GDE).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 am 
LOST Member

deleted

Last edited by blake1827 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next