It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:24 am 
LOST Junkie

blake1827 wrote:
Could someone take a peak at the original file I pulled off my ECM with MPPS I have a 06 I thought I saw it show 808 but when I open in wordpad I see: 1037377526P53362K4 https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq2xer4kjuk3k ... d-ORIGINAL thanks.

Interesting.
Titanium shows your driver as C475_526 with an EDC16C2-9.9X
Maybe this ecu was for a different emission regulation?

For a simple EGR/FCV delete, we modify five locations. I checked your file and the first three are in exactly the same location as the 808. I would begin here. Learn how to use WinOLS and modify your maps the same way as Yeti's 808 delete.

This will give you better fuel economy, more pep and a cleaner ride to start.

But as Nick says there are a lot of differences in everything else!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:49 am 
LOST Member

I'll take a look and try to figure it out, would like to find some more documentation on how to make these changes. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry not trying to hijack the CRD tech thread.

Last edited by blake1827 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

blake1827 wrote:
I'll take a look and try to figure it out, would like to find some more documentation on how to make these changes. Any help is appreciated.

There is a guy who has put in hours on WinOLS howto's at youtube. Find one, go to his youtube home and scroll to the bottom of his vid list with the "Load more" button. Start with his first vid.

Sorry, unless someone joins the thread who has done this and owns a 526 version, you are the guy.
The good news is Titanium finds a driver for your software so you can modify driver's wish, torque limit, smoke map, boost, etc.
And the hidden EGR/FCV delete is in the same location as Yeti-808.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

blake1827 wrote:
Sorry not trying to hijack the CRD tech thread.

No problem, this is expected. We are helping the next guy.
When you make the blake-526-egr/fcv_delete binary, send it to me and I will put it in my first post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:56 pm 

Has anyone made a stage I tune with the EGR/FCV delete, and delete the MAF with no DTC. Right now if you unplug the MAF with the current EGR/FCV delete tune, you get a CEL. Would like to do away with the air intake box and MAF sensor and replace all the parts with a huge round K&N air filter like I did on my Dodge...Hopefully it would make this baby breath a whole lot better I would think? :mrgreen:
thoughts?

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 am 
LOST Junkie

WWDiesel wrote:
Has anyone made a stage I tune with the EGR/FCV delete, and delete the MAF with no DTC. Right now if you unplug the MAF with the current EGR/FCV delete tune, you get a CEL. Would like to do away with the air intake box and MAF sensor and replace all the parts with a huge round K&N air filter like I did on my Dodge...Hopefully it would make this baby breath a whole lot better I would think? :mrgreen:
thoughts?

Maybe modifying the Smoke Map (if we have one)? Like the EGR, it also uses MAF data.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 am 

dthdcrd wrote:
The Scott McLean wrote:
Where did you put the two sensors, that came out of your air box?

I just tied up the connectors. I left the sensors in the air box I removed. I have the GDE tune so they are useless.

Based on this post, it must be possible to disable them??? :?:

I would like to do this mod, but got to figure out how to get rid of the MAF and temp sensor without a CEL. :banghead:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Squeeto wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
thoughts?

Maybe modifying the Smoke Map (if we have one)? Like the EGR, it also uses MAF data.

My understanding is that the smoke map is essential another limiter too prevent to much fuel from being dumped, causing smoke. What I had read is that they need to buffer the optimum AFR by about 1.2x to achieve 0 smoke, so they have to run it lean to prevent any smoke. The smoke table looks at the incoming air and will reduce fueling if necessary to prevent smoke from occurring. The problem I would see with modding the smoke map is that the Jeep may smoke if you were to max out the values, or it may stop all fueling if you zero it. Either way I bet the smoke map still looks for the MAF.

If you read through this site(https://sites.google.com/site/vagecumap/edc16-error-dtc-removal), they explain about DTC's and how they are handled in the EDC16. Essential each DTC is given a handle code which tells the computer what to do when the DTC trigger(IE should it just turn on the CEL, should it go to limp mode, should it save the DTC in the computer etc etc). If you zero out this handle code it causes the the ECU to never do anything with the code, it essentially ignores it. I attempted to find where they are located but couldnt, or didnt put in enough time.

I also would love to do this since my MAF appears to be dead and I just want the CEL gone!

EDIT: Come to think of it, isnt this how Toy-vw was working around his EGR block. It sounded like he had just deleted the codes but never actually turned off the EGR, just blocked it.

Last edited by mass-hole on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm 

mass-hole wrote:
My understanding is that the smoke map is essential another limiter too prevent to much fuel from being dumped, causing smoke. What I had read is that they need to buffer the optimum AFR by about 1.2x to achieve 0 smoke. The smoke table looks at the incoming air and will reduce fueling if necessary to prevent smoke from occuring. The problem I would see with modding the smoke map is that the Jeep may smoke if you were to max out the values, or it may stop all fueling if you zero it.

If you read through this site(https://sites.google.com/site/vagecumap/edc16-error-dtc-removal), they explain about DTC's and how they are handled in the EDC16. Essential each DTC is given a handle code which tells the computer what to do when the DTC trigger(IE should it just turn on the CEL, should it go to limp mode, should it save the DTC in the computer etc etc). If you zero out this handle code it causes the the ECU to never do anything with the code, it essentially ignores it. I attempted to find where they are located but couldnt, or didnt put in enough time.

I also would love to do this since my MAF appears to be dead and I just want the CEL gone!

EDIT: Come to think of it, isnt this how Toy-vw was working around his EGR block. It sounded like he had just deleted the codes but never actually turned off the EGR, just blocked it.

Must be possible if Scott was able to simply unplug both his sensors and tie them out of the way. He stated they were useless with the tune he has? Only other option I see is to figure out how to mount the sensors in a 3" adapter pipe between the turbo inlet pipe and an round type air filter? Really not what I want to do though!!! :dizzy:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Cable ordered and looking through this thread now! Can't wait to see what results we get from this! Especially the EGV delete!

-Grant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

mass-hole wrote:
My understanding is that the smoke map is essential another limiter too prevent to much fuel from being dumped ...

I always wondered about this with respect to the off road mod.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Guys,

I've read through this thread and so far great work but I was wondering if it was possible to get some clarification on some things. Here is the list from the first post:

Squeeto wrote:

Please refrain from contacting members by PM en masse for maps.
Use at your own risk:
Nick's 808 ECU/FCV delete + (some) HP tune (vers 1.01), link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfjaakd7ma4qu ... .01%29.bin
Nick's 811 ECU/FCV delete - stock, link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7bsfko2gl3rk ... k_Tune.bin
Nick's 811 ECU/FCV delete + Stage 1 tune (vers 1.01), link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb5lt636epq13 ... .01%29.bin
Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV delete - stock, link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/yd02x3mlcb9eg ... k_Tune.bin
Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.01), link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/w95ou8pxkzo3g ... .01%29.bin
Yeti's 812 ECU/FCV delete - stock, link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkokvq4jm92vr ... k_Tune.bin

This post will be updated as needed.

Some are self explanatory, such as the ECU/FCV delete + stock, ok that makes sense, but for the Mild tune and HP tune, can we get a more specific description of whats going on with these tunes? Like what exactly is the Mild Tune?

Thanks
Grant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

disjaukifa wrote:
for the Mild tune and HP tune, can we get a more specific description of whats going on with these tunes?

If the designers of these tunes post a description, I will link to them on the first post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
disjaukifa wrote:
for the Mild tune and HP tune, can we get a more specific description of whats going on with these tunes?

If the designers of these tunes post a description, I will link to them on the first post.

I think that would be perfect! I will be working on my own tunes as well, I want the EGR delete plus an eco tune as well, so that is what I'm looking to focus on personally once I get my cable in.

-Grant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 pm 
LOST Member

blake1827 wrote:
Could someone take a peek at the original file I pulled off my ECM with MPPS I have a 06 I thought I saw it show 808 but when I open in wordpad I see: 1037377526P53362K4 https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq2xer4kjuk3k ... d-ORIGINAL thanks.

So I double checked and re-pulled my ECM with MPPS and took a screen shot. http://imgur.com/BK1hvhz

I can see I have different Chrysler File # 103737526
Chrysler Software # 56044776BA
Chrysler Factory # CA6VU62K4XX02
Bosch ECU Version No' CRK3K/624C
than what Squeeto has on the first page.

Being that it's an America '06 can someone explain why I can't just update the ECU to the ver. 808 flash? Isn't everything hardware wise the same for some reason it just looks like all my software versions are older despite a June mfg. date

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:03 am 
LOST Addict

blake1827 wrote:
blake1827 wrote:
Could someone take a peek at the original file I pulled off my ECM with MPPS I have a 06 I thought I saw it show 808 but when I open in wordpad I see: 1037377526P53362K4 https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq2xer4kjuk3k ... d-ORIGINAL thanks.

So I double checked and re-pulled my ECM with MPPS and took a screen shot. http://imgur.com/BK1hvhz

Being that it's an America '06 can someone explain why I can't just update the ECU to the ver. 808 flash? Isn't everything hardware wise the same for some reason it just looks like all my software versions are older despite a June mfg. date

Were you a June '05 MFG? Maybe you never got the F37 and therefore your software version is different.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

blake1827 wrote:
blake1827 wrote:

All the differences with your file are in the areas that we don't usually touch. I checked your torque limit, over boost, rail pressure and turbo pressure in Titanium and it is the same as the stock 808.

I recommend the safe route. Take Yeti's 808 delete file and modify your maps the same way for the 5 modifications. If you like that, then move on to his tune file. That way you keep the base system as it should be and gain all the improvements that he has.

I am curious to know what the 808 would do though :grim:

When you get to the egr hysteresis maps, consider changing the zeros to 3600 in the red circles. I believe these are incorrect.
Before and after for 3rd and 4th mod:

Last edited by Squeeto on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

the map i have touched are:

gas pedal and limiter

FCV and EGR

injection timing

Rail pressure and limiter

turbo pressure and limiter

overboost time ...a little bit

engine torque limiter

fuel request / air increased and limiter ........smoke MAP

torque on A/T for every gear

it's not the maximum torque that the CRD can give , but a compromise of fuel gain and power

for WWDiesel , the only DTCs delete in you'r map that i have see it's for EGR and FCV , but im not sure , because i have compared with Nick map

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yeti wrote:
the map i have touched are:

gas pedal and limiter

FCV and EGR

injection timing

Rail pressure and limiter

turbo pressure and limiter

overboost time ...a little bit

engine torque limiter

fuel request / air increased and limiter ........smoke MAP

torque on A/T for every gear

it's not the maximum torque that the CRD can give , but a compromise of fuel gain and power

for WWDiesel , the only DTCs delete in you'r map that i have see it's for EGR and FCV , but im not sure , because i have compared with Nick map

This is in response to disjaukifa's request?
So I can link to this post and assume that your tune is not full torque but does increase fuel economy and power over the stock tune? Probably a good option for those who still have the original torque converter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

yes ........two time , it's a response and yes it's not a full torque , I do not want to create problems in an engine that is problematic in its , as long as I work on mine, I test, but not on the other KJ

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 93  Next