It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:44 am 
LOST Newbie

pwrwagn wrote:
Oh, yes, I do understand that, very well. What I don't know, is by what means the tables interact - which ones interact - and what the values mean. I'm not just wanting "more", I'm looking for specific optimizations - the are:

Faster injection (less duration for same fuel), since this improves fuel efficiency. EVERY diesel engine these days spreads the injection out far beyond optimum for emissions purposes. One is to reduce peak temperatures and pressures, and the other is to reduce particulates. Disabling EGR dramatically reduces particulates, so that's not even a problem. What, however, happens when you remove EGR, is higher peak pressures and combustion temperatures. That improves efficiency. However, because you do not slow down the fuel burn with EGR, and don't need nearly the "late" injection to promote after-burn of the particulates that EGR creates, you can have an additional improvement. It means getting the fuel in a little faster and in some cases, a little earlier... and at high speed, possibly later.

I know what the engines need by experience. What I do not know, his how the tables are parsed and applied. As you say, I don't fully grasp the logic of the software and how it uses the data you give it.

What I do know, is that some moderate changes to maps 1-3 to remove some of the extreme negative numbers, results in a very significant improvement in economy and performance at 1600 to 2800.

You do know that there is a LOT of info about EDC16 in the internet? Almost every european car diesel engine from that era is controlled by it. Maps don't necessary look the same in every ecu but it can help learning. Most of the tuners seem to be using WinOLS, which has more functions and is a little bit more complex than ECM Ti.

pwrwagn wrote:
Correct. Someone in this thread thought it was.

I don't know if you mean me, but I was talking about 3rd map from the bottom of the list called "Torque limiter #3 (7)", which contains limiters for different gears.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 am 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
ok , what you can try , is to increase the value where is negative in #3 map and after in #1 and #2 map copy the #3 map , but increase all value near the original value , example at 4500 rpm 100% load you have 845 in 3 map , in second map you have 975 ? increase all value to arrive at 975 , hope I'm clear , is difficult for me

Yeah, I tried roughly that, and it didn't work. I might have chosen the wrong values, however. This is going to be a busy week, so I doubt I'll work on this again until the weekend. I will, as you say, spend more time looking at them.

Why do you think there are 6 maps and why or how does it choose between them?

I have the Sealey timing kit I'll loan out.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:41 am 
LOST Member

lostFinn wrote:

I don't know if you mean me, but I was talking about 3rd map from the bottom of the list called "Torque limiter #3 (7)", which contains limiters for different gears.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up!

I'll revisit those again, too.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:44 am 
LOST Member

lostFinn wrote:

You do know that there is a LOT of info about EDC16 in the internet? Almost every european car diesel engine from that era is controlled by it. Maps don't necessary look the same in every ecu but it can help learning. Most of the tuners seem to be using WinOLS, which has more functions and is a little bit more complex than ECM Ti.

No, I wasn't aware of that.

Yeah, I have winOLS, too, but realized that my hex reading skills are almost non-existent, so... For me that just adds another layer of things I don't understand.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

is difficult to explain, but continuing to change various parameters, you know how it is programmed and its logic, the first three maps are variable and different, it means that react to different conditions, the fourth and fifth are the same with lower values​​, what makes me think that the values ​​are for the map of recovery, the last ​​have positive and full values without "holes" .

when the EGR is not used? when you do a WOT, let's see if this my last sentence makes you think :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm

Miles: 470.0
Gallons: 19.184
MPG: 24.5

This tune has become my go to tune for all driving conditions with a stock torque converter.

-Grant

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

news ???

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:26 pm 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
news ???

Not from me. I haven't used a tank of fuel yet.

Nor have I really had time and energy to mess with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:04 pm 
LOST Addict

pwrwagn wrote:
lostFinn wrote:

No, I wasn't aware of that.

Yeah, I have winOLS, too, but realized that my hex reading skills are almost non-existent, so... For me that just adds another layer of things I don't understand.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXpuH1y6t8Y6q9kP6ope8VA?feature=watch

Also here: https://sites.google.com/site/vagecumap/

Very useful for understanding units of measure and table operation for EDC16's. While they are not all exactly the same, the general conclusion that I came to was that our jeeps function nearly identically to the Seat Leon EDC16 he toys with in his video and on his website. I use WinOLS. I find it much more productive and useful than ECMTi. You do not need to read things in hex. You can convert to decimal form and easily pick out the map values.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:38 pm 
LOST Member

pwrwagn wrote:
Yeti wrote:

the table determine when start the injection and when stop , the 4° and 5° I think is for "limp mode"
you want to try to change the logic of ecu , i understand it , but first you must understand how to increase performance in this logic , after you can do this , you can try to change the logic of injection , hope you can understand what i write :wink:

what you want is more difficult than a simple increase

Oh, yes, I do understand that, very well. What I don't know, is by what means the tables interact - which ones interact - and what the values mean. I'm not just wanting "more", I'm looking for specific optimizations - the are:

Faster injection (less duration for same fuel), since this improves fuel efficiency. EVERY diesel engine these days spreads the injection out far beyond optimum for emissions purposes. One is to reduce peak temperatures and pressures, and the other is to reduce particulates. Disabling EGR dramatically reduces particulates, so that's not even a problem. What, however, happens when you remove EGR, is higher peak pressures and combustion temperatures. That improves efficiency. However, because you do not slow down the fuel burn with EGR, and don't need nearly the "late" injection to promote after-burn of the particulates that EGR creates, you can have an additional improvement. It means getting the fuel in a little faster and in some cases, a little earlier... and at high speed, possibly later.

I know what the engines need by experience. What I do not know, his how the tables are parsed and applied. As you say, I don't fully grasp the logic of the software and how it uses the data you give it.

What I do know, is that some moderate changes to maps 1-3 to remove some of the extreme negative numbers, results in a very significant improvement in economy and performance at 1600 to 2800.

I'm not much on the logic side of tuning, but to increase injector time(pulse width) to get more fuel in less time, this is where oversized nozzles will help tremendously. Also increasing fuel rail pressure helps only so much then it starts to be negative after a certain point as it puts more of a load on the injection pump. So you don't want to go too high and shorten the life of the pump. Running an additive in the fuel helps this out too. Most popular choice is running TCW3 ashless 2cycle oil. It really does help.

By the way. Delete the stupid EGR. Causes to many longivity problems.

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES
HUSKY MOLDED FLOOR LINERS

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
FULL FORCE STAGE II INJECTORS
PHP CUSTOM TUNES 6POS SWITCH
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS
X-CODE FRONT LEAF SPRINGS (OEM LEVEL KIT)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:34 pm 
LOST Member

413 miles of commuting 12 miles each way to work... 23 mpg.

Quite disappointing to say the least. I don't know when I"m going to get time to study this now, either. Too much work to do.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got my mpps interface but when i read with the software it reads the ecu information and then says invalid key,has anyone had this problem and is there a fix,the cable is as the one on the first page of this forum and i am trying it on a grand cherokee 3.0 crd
Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:58 am 
LOST Junkie

Yeti wrote:
madmarkus1 wrote:
...work on the grand cherokee crd3.0 2005...?

sorry , but can't work , different ecu and map

I will add this to the first page as a "may not work with this vehicle".
Don't know why since it is in the car list though. Let me know if you get it working and I will change it.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:57 am 
LOST Junkie

Some notes for the first page about Yeti's 811 stage 4 hot tune:
WWDiesel wrote:
Warning: must have a strong TC installed to hold torque.
Yeti's 811 ECU/FCV delete + Stage IV Hot tune enclosed

Yeti wrote:
turbo limit stress is 1,7- 1,8 bar ...break limit ..original is 1,35 I put it at max 1,5
rail pressure break limit is 1800 bar , original is 1600 and I put it at 1650

this is another Hot tune , based on previous, but above this I can not suggest , for your engine , try this and let me know , this tune can only work for who have a Suncoast tc , I think is a limit for OUR engine , for me is HOT-HOT-HOT , but treat with more manner your engine, for him security

Marco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just got done ready this thread. Wow great info. Thank you everyone for the all the hard work. Can't wait to try this myself. Wish I had more time to really learn all the maps.

2007 WK CRD Limited - GTB2260VKLR Turbo, custom everything else
2005 KJ CRD Limited - GDE ECO Tune, Fox shocks front & rear, 255/80R17 Cooper S/T Maxx

Post subject: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:47 am 
LOST Junkie

Has anyone bought the mpps off eBay and the little cd come without the software?

Mine is blank

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:11 pm 
LOST Member

The little cd usually comes with a virus from what I hear. I think we all downloaded software. I think there are links further back in this thread on how to find the software.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:18 pm 
LOST Member

There wasn't a virus on mine, just had to have a program to unzip the .rar files.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

I haven't posted my mileage in a while. I'm still running Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm ad my last 3 tanks have all been 25+mpg. I had one tank where I played with the turbo pretty much non stop and I still got 23+ mpg.

-Grant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

hey everyone, any new updates? I'm considering getting the weeks101 elbow kit and assume that one of these would be a good fit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 93  Next