It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Lost Jeeps Official Vendor Posts for CRDs only. Members may also post replies to the vendor posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: CRD Intake Elbow Kit - Deletes FCV, EGR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:53 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Mike92104 wrote:
805gregg wrote:
I don't have a GED tune and in Ca. we have to get inspected every 2 years, so is this going to leave a check engine light on?

As geordi pointed out, it will. I'm not sure the kit would pass the "visual inspection" parts of the test also, but I guess it would depend on the person doing the inspection.

That is funny as hell - Show me an exhaust-huffer that could identify the EGR on our engine even when STOCK, and I'll show you a bald-faced liar.

They'd have to know that the Liberty even came with a diesel, then they'd need to be familiar with the engine design, and finally they'd have to know what looks "out of place" on an engine that if they are VERY LUCKY, they may see 5 different ones over the course of 5 years.

The chances of each of those circumstances happening? You are more likely to be engulfed in a Sharknado while getting kissed by Brooke Burke on the way to receiving your Nobel Prize. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :seuss:

Email (button below) is preferred to PM
Over 70 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Just remember: Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 pm 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:
Mike92104 wrote:
805gregg wrote:
I don't have a GED tune and in Ca. we have to get inspected every 2 years, so is this going to leave a check engine light on?

As geordi pointed out, it will. I'm not sure the kit would pass the "visual inspection" parts of the test also, but I guess it would depend on the person doing the inspection.

That is funny as hell - Show me an exhaust-huffer that could identify the EGR on our engine even when STOCK, and I'll show you a bald-faced liar.

They'd have to know that the Liberty even came with a diesel, then they'd need to be familiar with the engine design, and finally they'd have to know what looks "out of place" on an engine that if they are VERY LUCKY, they may see 5 different ones over the course of 5 years.

The chances of each of those circumstances happening? You are more likely to be engulfed in a Sharknado while getting kissed by Brooke Burke on the way to receiving your Nobel Prize. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :seuss:

What they would notice is a bright/shiny piece of aluminum that looks to be higher quality than anything else in the engine bay that doesn't have a C.A.R.B. number.

Cummins Lift Pump
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
DIY Rebuilt Tranny Pump
Suncoast Torque Converter
2nd Generation Fuel Head
Sears P1 Battery
Hot Diesel Solutions Thermostat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:07 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Mike92104 wrote:

What they would notice is a bright/shiny piece of aluminum that looks to be higher quality than anything else in the engine bay that doesn't have a C.A.R.B. number.

Bright and shiny, maybe. Carb number? I call bullshipt on that. There is nothing to say you have to buy parts for cars from ONLY Kaliforniastan providers, and at the same time - parts are sold in all 50 states the same way anyway. An individual component won't have a special CARB stamping on it, I'm pretty certain that the FCV and EGR themselves don't have any numbers on them besides the part number - IF they even have that. The certification is left to the overall vehicle as manufactured, OR to the parts manufacturers as they create their stuff, IF it is designed for highway use.

Off-road parts (and the suggestion that a given part is for off-road) are a whole different kettle of fish, but either way - Are you actually suggesting that the exhaust-smoker would even know where the EGR reconnected on the CRD, OR that the FCV existed, and wasn't there any longer? Most engines tend to have internal EGR passages, this is a different engine b/c they had to bolt the crap on to the outside, as it never had EGR pollution as originally designed.

Email (button below) is preferred to PM
Over 70 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Just remember: Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Need a little help with plugging the "nipple".. I can t seem to find the nipple. I have a pipe protruding from the block between glow plugs 2 and 3 just a bit below. It does not appear to be threaded. I ve tried m8, 9' and 10. I m at an impasse at this point. I m installing the aluminum egr replacement mod.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 am 
LOST Addict

Diver1430 wrote:
Need a little help with plugging the "nipple".. I can t seem to find the nipple. I have a pipe protruding from the block between glow plugs 2 and 3 just a bit below. It does not appear to be threaded. I ve tried m8, 9' and 10. I m at an impasse at this point. I m installing the aluminum egr replacement mod.

Another option that I used; leave the nipple as is, take a ~3 inch piece of quality heater hose and get a plug for one end of the hose and clamp it in the hose, then slip hose onto nipple and clamp it, then your done! (a simple pipe plug of the correct size will work for plug in hose) :wink:
The little nipple is a pain in the rear to get at, so I decided it was not worth all the trouble just to put a threaded plug in the head... :SOMBRERO:

Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
Weeks ElbowKit/BatteryTray
NO FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pump
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6 Airbox
GM11 blade fan/NAPA HDclutch
Ironrock Trilink
98 Dodge Cummins, 5"exh. Viair, Huge K&N

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Tks, to late for that. The hose came off last year and now I can't find nipple. I ve got this pipe plug just below and between #2 and #3 glow plugs. But I can t get anything to thread into it. I've removed the whole EGR system and recognize that some folks don't reccommend, but I live in South Texas and don't have to be concerned with inspections and such. I ve used mirrors, pulled the starter motor and still can t find the darn thing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I don't know the direction of flow but I do know that main coolant flow to/from the EGR cooler is handled by the hard pipe that crosses the top front of the engine and a fitting on the block. I presume what you are referring to as a nipple is that fitting. If you look carefully at picture #3 at viewtopic.php?f=98&t=74594 you can see the hard pipe coming down the side of the valve cover more or less in line with the oil filler and curving behind the rectangular FCV cover; just diagonally down and to the right of that FCV cover and behind the FCV/EGR pipe (heat wrapped thing) you can see 2 larger coolant lines, one of those connects to the hard pipe and the other to the block fitting which is somewhere behind that FCV cover which would put it between glow plugs 1 and 2; the 2 small coolant lines running up from the EGR cooler to the EGR valve are the coolant lines to the EGR itself.

You can take a short length of coolant hose and attach it to the block fitting and then to the hard pipe to keep circulation in whatever direction it goes; if you do this I suspect you will need to shorten the hard pipe to avoid kinks in the hose. Or you can unscrew the fitting from the block and replace it with a bolt and a copper crush washer. The bolt is a easily obtained metric thread although IIRC from a post I cannot locate at the moment you will need to cut a bit off the bolt, based on the fitting thread length, to avoid having it stick too far into the block.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I drove into the dealer today and talked to their diesel mech who is really a good guy. He said that the fitting that looks like a pipe union needs to be removed
He said I had to use a vise grip to turn out then use a bolt to secure. What I had trouble with was removing something that could not be removed with a socket or wrench. I ll work on getting it out mañana.
Again, tks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Second picture may help.
viewtopic.php?p=792398#p792398

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Took the fitting off today with a 5/16 Allen on socket. Removed the first two glow plug leads and the fuel return line so it was a clear removal with a couple of extensions. It is a nipple, just didn t look like it. Will get bolt at napa on Monday to close it up. Looks good without all that intake side hardware.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:57 pm 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:
Mike92104 wrote:

Bright and shiny, maybe. Carb number? I call bullshipt on that. There is nothing to say you have to buy parts for cars from ONLY Kaliforniastan providers, and at the same time - parts are sold in all 50 states the same way anyway. An individual component won't have a special CARB stamping on it, I'm pretty certain that the FCV and EGR themselves don't have any numbers on them besides the part number - IF they even have that. The certification is left to the overall vehicle as manufactured, OR to the parts manufacturers as they create their stuff, IF it is designed for highway use.

Off-road parts (and the suggestion that a given part is for off-road) are a whole different kettle of fish, but either way - Are you actually suggesting that the exhaust-smoker would even know where the EGR reconnected on the CRD, OR that the FCV existed, and wasn't there any longer? Most engines tend to have internal EGR passages, this is a different engine b/c they had to bolt the crap on to the outside, as it never had EGR pollution as originally designed.

I bow to your superior knowledge of California smog regs. I should have known that you would know what you're talking about being from the east coast.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/d ... mquery.php

Cummins Lift Pump
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
DIY Rebuilt Tranny Pump
Suncoast Torque Converter
2nd Generation Fuel Head
Sears P1 Battery
Hot Diesel Solutions Thermostat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Here's a link to all the junk I removed. I has a good picture of the hose nipple that gets plugged with a bolt and crush washer.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80114

Timing Belt Change at 76,000 miles (10 years old)
GDE FT ECO tune
Samco's (Red)
FCV Elbow Kit
Removed FCV/EGR/Cooler and all coolant hoses on driver side
No Muffler, Cat only and 2 1/2" straight pipe
86k miles (Original Owner)
Build Date Apr/05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:39 am 
LOST Junkie

Ok, just back from a tour around Germany, Austria and Belgium (stopping off in Bastogne). Distance just over 2300 miles. With GDE, Weeks kit and Vortex exhaust, autobahn fuel consumption at a fairly steady 65-70 mph was 7.1 - 7.2 l/100km. Works out to about 39 mpg (imperial gallons that is). I did much the same trip and distance last year but before the Weeks kit was fitted and the best autobahn mpg was 7.9 l/100km or 35.75 mpg(imperial). With the cost of fuel here, the Weeks kit is a definite bonus if you do any decent mileage.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Amsoil air filter;Grabber At2 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;RuffStuff diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; snorkel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

Lancer wrote:
Ok, just back from a tour around Germany, Austria and Belgium (stopping off in Bastogne). Distance just over 2300 miles. With GDE, Weeks kit and Vortex exhaust, autobahn fuel consumption at a fairly steady 65-70 mph was 7.1 - 7.2 l/100km. Works out to about 39 mpg (imperial gallons that is). I did much the same trip and distance last year but before the Weeks kit was fitted and the best autobahn mpg was 7.9 l/100km or 35.75 mpg(imperial). With the cost of fuel here, the Weeks kit is a definite bonus if you do any decent mileage.

This translates to 29.8 mpg (US) before and 32.5 mpg (US) after. That's an increase of 2.7 MPG over an average of 2,300 miles.

Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing your results!

Seth

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​

Post subject: EGR electrical plug weather seal cap
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

One of the threads talked about a plug cap for the EGR electrical plug. I have search but without luck in finding where it was talked about with link to purchase. Somewhere in Europe maybe. Any help is appreciated. Rich

GDE Hot tune and Trans Tune
Euro TC RL037142AA
Rebuilt Trans w/Transgo 68RFE
Air Box Mod
BMW oil Sep
MRBP exhaust
F-104 Fumoto valve
Hayden fan clutch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

https://www.automotive-connectors.com/5 ... re=english

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Amsoil air filter;Grabber At2 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;RuffStuff diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; snorkel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:27 am 
LOST Junkie

FLASH SALE - TODAY ONLY (Monday, 10/13/2014 until 10 PM Central Time)

A great deal just in time for winter. http://www.sasquatchparts.com/intake_elbow.html

--------------------------------------------------------
Regular Price: $225

Sale Price: $199 ($26 OFF)
--------------------------------------------------------

If the sale price doesn't show, please refresh the page.

SasquatchParts.com

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

May as well add this to running total for the year. Just ordered one - thanks

[quote="weeks101"]FLASH SALE - TODAY ONLY (Monday, 10/13/2014 until 10 PM Central Time)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ordering one now. Looks like a great kit. Thanks!

2" OME lift; Surco Safari Rack
Cooper Discoverer AT3 245/70R16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

Thanks for your orders, guys!

SasquatchParts.com

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next