It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remove Cargo Area Carpet - howto
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Remove cargo area carpet:
-drill out the heads of 8 rivets with a 3/16 inch bit
-punch out end (shown in picture with drill bit)
-pop off rear trim, remove carpet
-replace with 14x3/4 inch screws

Post subject: Re: Remove Cargo Area Carpet - howto
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

down the carpet , there is the access hatch for the tank ?

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:47 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
down the carpet , there is the access hatch for the tank ?

Yes, but its "glued" down

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am 
LOST Junkie

even in a 2006 ?

thanks

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:53 pm 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
even in a 2006 ?

thanks

I would also like to know this. I'm getting ready to do a lift pump install and was going to try cutting through the floor and making an access panel if possible. If there is a way to tell if it is already there, that would be great. Otherwise, I need to find dimensions for where to start cutting. If I attempt to make an access panel I'll document the entire thing and do a write-up of how to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:44 am 
LOST Junkie

Squeeto wrote:
APC9199 wrote:
I've asked this question in two other threads now with no response. I'm not sure if there is no clear answer or if nobody likes me anymore :roll:

I saw your post; I just didn't want to give you an answer unless I knew it was 100% correct.

There is a glued down mat for sound deadening that would probably make a gooey mess if you were to cut through it and no easy way to know if there is a hatch under it. The underside has the thick rust coating spray.

When I did my lift pump (years ago now) I thought about cutting a hatch but decided that for the few times I would ever need in, it would be unnecessary. Also I don't want any exhaust gas seeping up through the hatch. With the serrated edge to the existing sound mat, it would be hard to seal.

Yeti
My guess is that there is no hatch under the sound deadening mat for 2006.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:46 pm 
LOST Member

Squeeto wrote:
Squeeto wrote:
APC9199 wrote:
I've asked this question in two other threads now with no response. I'm not sure if there is no clear answer or if nobody likes me anymore :roll:

I saw your post; I just didn't want to give you an answer unless I knew it was 100% correct.

There is a glued down mat for sound deadening that would probably make a gooey mess if you were to cut through it and no easy way to know if there is a hatch under it. The underside has the thick rust coating spray.

When I did my lift pump (years ago now) I thought about cutting a hatch but decided that for the few times I would ever need in, it would be unnecessary. Also I don't want any exhaust gas seeping up through the hatch. With the serrated edge to the existing sound mat, it would be hard to seal.

Yeti
My guess is that there is no hatch under the sound deadening mat for 2006.

I started a thread in the CRD...LTQ!!! forum regarding this. We're still working on getting some opinions (yours would help) but my USA 2006 KJ Limited has a depression under the sound deadening material where the access panel should be. I just haven't had the time or energy to pull the entire carpet to check if its an access panel or just a leftover indentation from the old manufacturing equipment that was never cut out. In either case, its worth taking 5 minutes to pull the rear edge of the carpet up and take a look!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Yes my 2006 has the access panel. I have used it once before.

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:01 pm 
LOST Member

4x4kayak2112 wrote:
Yes my 2006 has the access panel. I have used it once before.

Interesting, where do you live?