It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Provent 200 (MANN) install - passenger side
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:20 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks to everyone who has shared knowledge and experiences about their own Provent install.

I have been comparing many different Provent installs on Lostjeeps.com and other sites (http://www.auerbach.ca/kj/provent/ and http://www.jeffdaigle.com/provent/prove ... nstall.pdf and more...), and combined what looked like the best practices.

Here is my attempt... :BANANA:

The kit I assembled (minus the bracket I made):

A close up on the Provent put-together, and a pencil for size comparison:

The opening in the passenger side engine compartment where I placed it:

The Provent temporarily placed in the engine opening without the bracket:

The Provent installed in placed in the engine opening with the bracket (and I moved those 2 vacuum lines to the front of the power-steering fluid reservoir):

A closer view of the Provent installed in the engine opening with the bracket against the TCM housing bolts and frame (very solid and secure):

Install done - connected all the hoses, tightened down all the clamps, and made sure nothing was rubbing or blocking the flow of any thing (and made sure the photo had the flash for more detail):

Another view of the Install completed, shows how the Provent sits (not too high right?):

Put the plastic cover back on the engine top, and that's how it looks under the hood now:

Last thing to do was to tie-off the ball-valve drainage hose (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJENEDO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PKLJZO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00):
and a closer view:

UPDATED THE RUBBER HOSES WITH SILICON HOSES:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OUVFIR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited: GDE Eco Tune, Weeks Kit 1&2, Provent 200, P3 E-Brake Controller, Custom Rock Rails, Suspension & Arms (OME, ARB, Raybestos, Bilsteins, etc.), 11-Bladed Fan, HD-Fan-Clutch, HDS M-001 Thermo, Fan-shroud-mod, Sasquatch Turbo, Tires: BFG AT TA KO2 LT245/70R16 - load D, Carter In-Tank Lift Pump.

Last edited by Infinite_Karma on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Provent 200 (MANN) install - passenger side
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 am 
LOST Member

:rockon:

Thanks for posting. That'll probably be my next install after I get my HDS..........

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:27 pm 

Good job!!! Looks almost exactly like my install. This location is where most place the Provent filter.
I chose to mount the filter to the turbo vacuum bracket rather than the TCM...

For good reading on the pros and cons of a Provent filter, view this:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80491&hilit=+provent
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Last edited by WWDiesel on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Nice :rockon: That's probably how I'll do mine. Only bad thing is that I was so happy with my AC delete and how easily I could access the turbo/exhaust in that corner. Now I'll have something in the way. Necessary evil I guess, as I don't want to replace my main seal twice :grim:

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:49 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks WWDiesel & Mountainman!

I actually researched a ton of your posts WWDiesel (and geordi who is very thorough and explanatory) in the Excessive CCV or Engine Blowby thread prior to doing the assembly purchase and install.

Your time, knowledge, and posts really helped me, so thank you for all that.

I agree Mountainman that the opening where the Provent went now removes the small amount of gaps we have, but it is a necessary evil. I didn't want to place it over behind the battery for many reasons.

olypopper, I highly recommend doing the Provent install, for peace of mind, and it gets you to do a thorough once over of those areas.

*cheers*

:JEEPIN:

Sarma

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited: GDE Eco Tune, Weeks Kit 1&2, Provent 200, P3 E-Brake Controller, Custom Rock Rails, Suspension & Arms (OME, ARB, Raybestos, Bilsteins, etc.), 11-Bladed Fan, HD-Fan-Clutch, HDS M-001 Thermo, Fan-shroud-mod, Sasquatch Turbo, Tires: BFG AT TA KO2 LT245/70R16 - load D, Carter In-Tank Lift Pump.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Awesome! Provent 200 is great.

Mine is mounted on driver side. I used some samco oil hose to connect to the original ccv puck. Napa has 3/4 or 22mm silicone oil hoses cheaper than Samco. Dont use water/coolant hoses as they will leak oil in time. Nice job!

Oh, and since I see you like getting bunch of improvements, consider filter mag, for the oil filter, those are some bad arse magnets that attach to the oil filter:

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 pm 
LOST Member

Nice thermorex!!

Now I have to go get me a filter mag! ... and maybe some Samco hoses for the Provent ... just to make sure :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Infinite_Karma wrote:
Nice thermorex!!

Now I have to go get me a filter mag! ... and maybe some Samco hoses for the Provent ... just to make sure :twisted:

Lol. Get the blue samco to be different...

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:08 am 
LOST Member

Hi all,

Here is my first take on Provent install on the passenger side. Feeling uneasy with tying Provent filter body to TCM (I got a few gremlins in my electronics already, but that's entirely different story), I conjured my redneck-style holding bracket out of 3/8" OD annealed copper pipe from local Menards. It is easy to bend and when flattened it is wide enough to make a hole for M6 bolt, which is the only size required. One end connects to the long antifreeze expansion tank holding bolt, the other one is held by the power steering reservoir mounting nut (both M6), like so:

Horizontal portion of the bracket is flattened at two points where the holes for filter body clamp are drilled. Here is the filter mounted with two M6 bolts and nuts:

Here is the final assembly:

Additional tidbit: 1" and 3/4" ID reinforced hoses I got from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/89214 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/89632 ... UTF8&psc=1

turned out to be rather soft. To avoid their collapse at bending points, I turned them into "poor man's vacuum hoses" by inserting a spiral made of steel wire for the full length of the hose. Will see how this holds up with time.

A.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:55 am 

Good job mounting!
Friendly advice; keep a close eye on those plastic PVC fittings you used! The vapors coming out of the CCV puck get quite hot.
I had used the same thing in schedule 40, and it started melting a little. Went to metal fittings and copper pipe... :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Last edited by WWDiesel on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:03 am 
LOST Member

Thanks, will surely keep an eye on melted components! That 90deg plastic elbow next to the puck is a prime candidate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:49 pm 
LOST Member

I like the copper tube mount bracket. Sweet action!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:15 pm 
LOST Member

400 miles down, plastic components do not show any sign of melting, will keep looking though.

@HER_CRD: thanks for encouragement! :)

Happy July 4th everyone!

A.