It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: What am I up to today? :LOG:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:07 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

PALiftedKK wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Need air tools to install rear shocks ?
Come on now , done over 30 complete lifts with hand tools
Man up ! :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

you want to waste time installing them with JBA springs too? :ALONE:

Sure why not :BANANA:
I have done a complete new lift on mine , didn't like it installed another one, changed it twice on how the setup was and went back to original in one day
Part of the fun! :pepper: :pepper:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:46 pm 
LOST Addict

installed shocks yesterday. have 3" of travel till they bottom out... ill need to drive carefully till jba springs go in which is scheduled for saturday. crossing my fingers!

oem shocks were toast! ride quality isnt "sloppy" anymore.

painted the jba springs, nothing i have is red. black springs dusted with my tan trim paint.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:12 am 
LOST Addict

Happy Thanksgiving!

Updates:

Springs still scheduled for saturdays install

Oil relocation/ cooler better be in friday. Post office supposedly has it as of today at 11:30am. Should have been here tuesday.........

Orderd a fram filter, sent it back. Ordered a Bosch filter, sent it back. Got tired of online shopping so i went to the store and compared the best oil filters that had the largest oil capacity and filtration. The 301 and fl-1a were pretty good. I chose Mobile 1 strictly because it had a better filter media.

The diesel filter is not possible that i know of to install on our block. The thread seemed to be of 1 1/8" x20 or 1 1/4" x20. I did not find any doccumentation on the filter nor is any provided on the box when i stoped in at Chrysler.

And im remembering that i need to revisit the rear cargo storage. My idea for it changed a lot! Functions the KK doesnt have will have by the end of the mod. It is necicary necause my tools in my tool boxes are constantly moving around. New storage option would eliminate noises back there and add a minimum of 4 other very useful options. Should cost less then $150 bucks. Alot cheeper and practical then my first design! :POPCORN:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Vent time:

Received the package I've been waiting for 2 weeks for today. Lo and behold I'm missing all the parts I ordered :furious: :banghead: :furious:. I called the company and they said id have it by Friday next week. Soo frustrating...

Only thing in the box was the radiator. I was like theres no way I just spent $200 on a radiator.

Well, time to wait longer. :5SHOTS: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Inspections tomorrow...

I installed my rear springs today! Clear difference between spacers and spring lift. You can easily tell the two lift styles when driving. Its just a shame i cant drive it tomorrow....

Jeep is a bit raked now, i think ill have to get used to it for a few months or get some washers upfront. Need to extend my rear breather now too its basically fully extended. Only way ittl pop off is if i mall crawl to hard.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:04 pm 
LOST Addict

How are your rear brake lines when you flex the rear axle? Mine were maxed out with 4 inch lifted springs so I went for longer ones. My saga of installing rear brake line extensions is in the Tech Section.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:00 pm 
LOST Addict

lfhoward wrote:
How are your rear brake lines when you flex the rear axle? Mine were maxed out with 4 inch lifted springs so I went for longer ones. My saga of installing rear brake line extensions is in the Tech Section.

Wont be "flexin" for awhile. Though i will need new lines eventually. I'll get ss braided.

EDIT:: the rear is sitting at 3" even on both sides. ill be driving quite a distance to class tonight so that should get them settled in nicely! passed inspections shockingly... mechanic pointed out that the rear bumper is wayyy to high off the ground to not have mud flaps. im not really in the mood to buy and install mud flaps but mud flaps are cheeper then a ticket.... decisions decisions :5SHOTS:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:26 pm 
LOST Addict

PALiftedKK wrote:
lfhoward wrote:

Wont be "flexin" for awhile. Though i will need new lines eventually. I'll get ss braided.

EDIT:: the rear is sitting at 3" even on both sides. ill be driving quite a distance to class tonight so that should get them settled in nicely! passed inspections shockingly... mechanic pointed out that the rear bumper is wayyy to high off the ground to not have mud flaps. im not really in the mood to buy and install mud flaps but mud flaps are cheeper then a ticket.... decisions decisions :5SHOTS:

That's seriously a requirement in Pennsylvania? I love how much better a KK looks without them.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:43 pm 
LOST Addict

Gageraid wrote:

That's seriously a requirement in Pennsylvania? I love how much better a KK looks without them.

i think it is.

height off the ground; there's a law for that here... but if i had the stock bumper with jba springs, i would have been fine since the bumper hung down at least 3 more inches then ATH's bumper does.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PALiftedKK wrote:
Gageraid wrote:

i think it is.

height off the ground; there's a law for that here... but if i had the stock bumper with jba springs, i would have been fine since the bumper hung down at least 3 more inches then ATH's bumper does.

Really? Cause PA registered my Liberty as (***choke) a car. And there are no mudflap requirement for cars in PA. But for trucks there are!

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:03 pm 
LOST Addict

I wouldn't put mudflaps on. If you start getting tickets but a set put em on and send in pics saying you have them and have no idea why you got a ticket for that lol.

http://www.liftlaws.com/pennsylvania_lift_laws.htm
According to that cars/SUVs need to be at 22", but if you have a gross vehicle weight of under 5001 lbs you get 26" (assuming this is in relation to commercial trucks).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:22 am 

Bmxer524 wrote:
I wouldn't put mudflaps on. If you start getting tickets but a set put em on and send in pics saying you have them and have no idea why you got a ticket for that lol.

http://www.liftlaws.com/pennsylvania_lift_laws.htm
According to that cars/SUVs need to be at 22", but if you have a gross vehicle weight of under 5001 lbs you get 26" (assuming this is in relation to commercial trucks).

If thats the case a lot of them would never pass in Pa
Much like that in Ohio a bumper must go completely from one side of the vehicle to the other, ( in other words full width)
But how many have that LOL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 am 
LOST Addict

I know my registration says my Liberty is a "wagon" so that might be another way around it.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:16 pm 

Gageraid wrote:
I know my registration says my Liberty is a "wagon" so that might be another way around it.

wagon, i.e. station wagon so its a car err whoops Jeep Wagon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:09 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
Gageraid wrote:

wagon, i.e. station wagon so its a car err whoops Jeep Wagon

Exactly my point. The registration states it's NOT a truck.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Detailed the kk today. Picked up a battery charger for the battery bank in winter since they dont charge full enough. Cut some more off the bumper, no rattle.

Passenger side cv is starting to go. Oddly only noticebale that its bad in the first 2 minutes of driving. Ill buy a replacement probably in February and wheel these cv's till they die. Almost.

Hopefully the seller didnt screw up again with my oil cooler. Hey, the third times a charm right? :POPCORN:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:27 am 
LOST Addict

Did a few nuisance tasks today reguarding electrical in the cabin. Cleaned up the birds nest of wires for anything media player or server based. Also got rid of the media server for the winter. It draws more then what id like to. Batteries die really quick in the winter for me. If they dont recieve a charge in 5 days, they sit at 8 volts. Anyways, did a little trickery to get the media player and screen to not flicker.

I have the batteries on the chargers tonight. One at 20 volts 8 amps and the other at 14.6 volts 1.4 amps. Should be completly charged in the mornin!

Tomorrow I'll most likley tackle my gps "insufficiant" power delivery error... Probably just as simple as to long of a run and tomany usb extensions.

Maybe if i have time ill also tackle tbe overhead console rattle. Im slowley killing rattles. :pepper:

Oil cooler crap should be here saturday... If they screwed up again im asking for a full refund and i keep the product. One oops is a slap on the wrist but 3 screwups....

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Soo just letting yall know, this oil filter relocation hardware requires quite a bit of custom machining. Napa have filters that fit the thread sizes the manufacturers ship in the kits, but im a picky guy and am going custom. Also, its quite hard to find a filter that in perfect if the kit uses anything besides 3/4 x 16. All parts stores will have that size and thread count. Just a pain i need to go custom now.

Ogh, and yeah, the seller didnt ship the right part again. Refund requested and parts still sent. And this is through amazon too...

EDIT:: atempted to remove the egr valve today. Couldnt get that sucker off. Some other day ill torch around the bolts to get it off.

Also saw what some call scarry...

One day ill do a full flush on it next year.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:56 pm 
LOST Addict

Ive just about had it with moding the kk. Every time I complete a mod or am in the process something totally unrelated, something else needs attention. Im Not spending money on it every week but im alwasys under it. Ill for sure keep it but im really loosing my motivation with it. I washed the jeep 2 weeks ago and before that was like 2 or 3 months. I really dont enjoy being under it anymore or ripping out wires. But really dont have the intention to pay someone else when im capable of the job.

That being said, the oil in the engine is 850 miles over. Just found out today the hoses I got are for shitzled. Im not touching the oil mod for a few months and will be slowing down completly if not at all on any mod for a few weeks. Hopefully I can get my motivation back!

Heres a picture just for poops and gigles of a joke:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:28 am 
LOST Addict

PALiftedKK wrote:
Ive just about had it with moding the kk. Every time I complete a mod or am in the process something totally unrelated, something else needs attention. Im Not spending money on it every week but im alwasys under it. Ill for sure keep it but im really loosing my motivation with it. I washed the jeep 2 weeks ago and before that was like 2 or 3 months. I really dont enjoy being under it anymore or ripping out wires. But really dont have the intention to pay someone else when im capable of the job.

That being said, the oil in the engine is 850 miles over. Just found out today the hoses I got are for shitzled. Im not touching the oil mod for a few months and will be slowing down completly if not at all on any mod for a few weeks. Hopefully I can get my motivation back!

Heres a picture just for poops and gigles of a joke:

Hey brother, keep your head up. Shes a woman, sometimes they need some romance and some loving. She will come around and let you know when its right. Until then, keep her fed and treat her nicely. Might even hold her tight at night and tell her your her only man. Mine gets like that sometimes. Just let her know you care.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next