It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Performance mods need help Jeep Liberty 2002
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

I wanted to know other than add a chip and a air intake is there any other things I can do to make my jeep faster lmk cause I'm looking into turbo didn't find a lot just need some tips and here's a pic of my jeep have a flow master super 44 with oracle halo smd headlight interior lights are blue just trying to step up my game lmk thanks everyone ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Performance mods need help Jeep Liberty 2002
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:39 pm 
LOST Addict

4.56s. I can burn my 32.2s. Thats your best performance mod

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:40 pm 
LOST Addict

My Jeep goes 100mph+. I dont know if i want 5500 lbs going any faster

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:59 pm 
LOST Member

now for some real answers...
not much that i have found so far.

i swapped my muffler for a smaller higher flow unit
i have a high flow air filter in the stock box (i removed the bug guard on the inlet of the air intake)
i am going to be building a 'power wire' google this, it is used a lot on the dodge/chrysler 4.7 engine and works on the 3.7 too...
a good tune up will go a long way if you havent done that in a while.

and when i save up the money, i will install the 4.11 gears i have to get some of that power back from my 255/70/16 tires.

92 XJ 4.0, AW4, NP242, 31s, 1.75 spacer, ZJ V8 coils, double cherokee leaf pack, 2 inch shackles, dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas tank skid, front skid, warn t-case skid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:27 am 
LOST Member

jeeptorino68 wrote:

i have a high flow air filter in the stock box (i removed the bug guard on the inlet of the air intake)
i am going to be building a 'power wire' google this, it is used a lot on the dodge/chrysler 4.7 engine and works on the 3.7 too...

and when i save up the money, i will install the 4.11 gears i have to get some of that power back from my 255/70/16 tires.

So new muffler, saved 10lbs and gained 2 horses

"High flow air filter" just letting in more dust into the engine

Power wire......well works on the 4.7 for "seat horses" but I haven't seen a dyno test to proved it yet.

Gears.....honestly best bet.

Or just swap a SBC or SBF and have fun!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:15 pm 
LOST Member

G.O.A.T. wrote:
jeeptorino68 wrote:

Quote:
So new muffler, saved 10lbs and gained 2 horses

"High flow air filter" just letting in more dust into the engine

Power wire......well works on the 4.7 for "seat horses" but I haven't seen a dyno test to proved it yet.

Gears.....honestly best bet.

Or just swap a SBC or SBF and have fun!!!

muffler: yea
air filter: maybe
power wire: seems like a good mod so far, have you tried one yet?
gears: when i get more money/time

i have some extra power wires for sale if anyone is interested. posted in the classifieds section

92 XJ 4.0, AW4, NP242, 31s, 1.75 spacer, ZJ V8 coils, double cherokee leaf pack, 2 inch shackles, dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas tank skid, front skid, warn t-case skid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:07 pm 
LOST Member

jeeptorino68 wrote:
i have some extra power wires for sale if anyone is interested. posted in the classifieds section

I sent ya a PM to try one out. Fiqure with 33s and 4.56s I need a hair bit more power.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:08 pm 
LOST Member

sent you a PM back

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Funny how you think adding a thicker gauge wire is going to give you more HP,it doesn't.May make your stereo sound a bit better but that is it.

Oxygen,fuel,and spark is all that is needed and the 3.7 uses no plug wires so no amount of wire will increase HP,will decrease your back account though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:55 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
Funny how you think adding a thicker gauge wire is going to give you more HP,it doesn't.May make your stereo sound a bit better but that is it.

Oxygen,fuel,and spark is all that is needed and the 3.7 uses no plug wires so no amount of wire will increase HP,will decrease your back account though.

Its not a battery cable. Nor is it a thicker wire. Im not sure you know what your talking about.

The power wire we speak of adds more fuel. I know its a hard concept for you to understand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

G.O.A.T. wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:

Its not a battery cable. Nor is it a thicker wire. Im not sure you know what your talking about.

The power wire we speak of adds more fuel. I know its a hard concept for you to understand.

The only thing google brought up was high end speaker wire.

Either way just adding "more fuel" just makes your mpg's go down,can cause the MIL to turn on,and wastes the cats faster.

Without other engine mods just adding more fuel does nothing but the above.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:05 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:

It actually adds resistance to the iat circuit. This tells the PCM that the incoming air is colder than it actually is, this advanced timing, this a bit more power....popular mod on many vehicles, same idea as moving the iat to the intake tube, the air is cooler there than the intake manifold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:50 pm 
LOST Member

jeeptorino68 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:

It actually adds resistance to the iat circuit. This tells the PCM that the incoming air is colder than it actually is, this advanced timing, this a bit more power....popular mod on many vehicles, same idea as moving the iat to the intake tube, the air is cooler there than the intake manifold

No need to argue with Troy. He knows everything. You argue with certain people around here your profile will disappear.

But.......he just dosent seem to know how to google. Did the same search on three different computers/networks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeeptorino68 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:

Just unplug the IAT sensor,instant -40 degree temp reading.

Free

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:24 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
Just unplug the IAT sensor,instant -40 degree temp reading.

Free

Lets also not forget that CEL now that will come on........did your account get hacked?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:42 pm 
LOST Member

And a CEL

The mod isn't for everyone, that is fine, it is just something to try.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:21 pm 
LOST Member

jeeptorino68 wrote:
And a CEL

And for the $22 bucks I spent on it.......something to try that actually has people talking about it with the Rams and GCs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

G.O.A.T. wrote:
jeeptorino68 wrote:
And a CEL

And for the $22 bucks I spent on it.......something to try that actually has people talking about it with the Rams and GCs

People talk about HHO kits but they are just snake oil.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
G.O.A.T. wrote:
jeeptorino68 wrote:
And a CEL

People talk about HHO kits but they are just snake oil.

People talk about SFA a KJ but thats just a waste of money also.

Either way Troy, I wouldn't spend my money on SFA a KJ or buy anything from that crook who calls himself Rocklizard. Just like you wouldn't buy snake oil.

At the end of the day, ITS NOT YOUR MONEY.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

G.O.A.T. wrote:
People talk about SFA a KJ but thats just a waste of money also.

Either way Troy, I wouldn't spend my money on SFA a KJ or buy anything from that crook who calls himself Rocklizard. Just like you wouldn't buy snake oil.

At the end of the day, ITS NOT YOUR MONEY.
Well the SFA was the next step for me,was cheaper then starting with a SFA'd vehicle already.

Just to clarify I was never ripped off by him and know many others to.

And yes it is your $$$ but why waste it on something that does not work? Once you actually understand OBDII(can't get to that point from google) you would not waste your $$$ on crap like that also.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next