It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: What am I up to today? :LOG:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Did some well needed tasks today.

Had to clearance the bracket so it doesn't touch.

Fuse box bottom is held on by 3 bolts. Bracket and aluminum have no play.

For now the horns are spliced into the original horns. Later will be wired to the 2nd fuse box relay.

Once I make the 2nd fuse box live, I will heat shield and wrap the wires. So far there is zero clearance issues. Easy removal if need to do engine work.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:34 pm 
LOST Addict

I have an idea for a future build Jeep related. Id need two of these totaling 4 outputs. The modules would completly simplify things rather then running 150 linear feet of 10 gauge wire. Remotes will be opened up and be powerd by the jeep as well as be wired to a proper switch.

I cant wait! :POPCORN: :POPCORN: :POPCORN:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Saturday was a comfortable 62 degrees so I got a bit done.

Got rid of the mall crawlin rims tan color and went back to black. I will never go back to tan...

I have 6 solid state relays, all AC based. With my testing they work fine under 2 amps. My auxilary fan draws 4 amps and the ssr is unable to open the circut. I'm either going to research more into it and get it to work or i'll just use a regular relay.

Greased up the sway bar and tie rods.

Repainted the rear bumper.

Chopped an inch off the reciever mount for the pintle hitch. It sticks out WAYYY to far.

Check out my trailer build log for update on that.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:53 am 
LOST Addict

Drove south yesterday into Virginia. Noticed a slight vibration around 75 mph. I never go that fast so im not goi g to think much more then it. On 81 and 64 I usually do 69 to 71 mph.

I dont even think ive gone faster then 80 in the jeep...

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:21 am 
LOST Addict

I've hit the limiter a few times, both stock and lifted. I don't recommend it, but I'll also roll 80+ mph down the interstate.

After I installed my JBA kit and new ball joints I had a vibration that started at about 75-80 and got worse after 80. Idk if it was just the road, how my tires wore or what. Everything was tight, it was in the steering wheel so should be nothing from the back, and it had a fresh alignment where everything was near perfect. I haven't had her up much above 70 lately, so Idk if it's still there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:48 pm 
LOST Addict

Trailed with the trailer today before I left for PA. No issues what so ever. Not even power loss. Plenty still left for a heavier trailer. I even was able to turn around with the wide trailer still attatched. Found a new trail so i dropped the trailer off then. Only concern I had when in 4 low was the amount of added stress it was under with the trailer. Towing the trailer on and off road had very comfortable temps. The transmission did give me a slight issue when climbing a mountain off road, I shockingly forgot to engage the auxiliary fan. I knew something was wrong when rpms went to 3k then down to 1k rpm going up hill. No trans or engine lights. All in all, a sucsessfull buy and trip.

Ogh, and if your new to towing, the trailer is supper easy to forget its back there. My jeep and trailer was smoother then molasses on a summer day.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:52 am 
LOST Addict

PALiftedKK wrote:
Ogh, and if your new to towing, the trailer is supper easy to forget its back there. My jeep and trailer was smoother then molasses on a summer day.

Did you need the tow/haul button to lock out overdrive on the highway? I found with mine that I needed to keep tow/haul engaged or my transmission would keep shifting all over the place as soon as I hit a little bit of a hill on the interstate. Part of that is due to less power from running 245/75/16's on my Jeep and part of it too is that my trailer is made of steel rather than aluminum like yours and so it's heavier.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 am 
LOST Addict

lfhoward wrote:
Did you need the tow/haul button to lock out overdrive on the highway? I found with mine that I needed to keep tow/haul engaged or my transmission would keep shifting all over the place as soon as I hit a little bit of a hill on the interstate. Part of that is due to less power from running 245/75/16's on my Jeep and part of it too is that my trailer is made of steel rather than aluminum like yours and so it's heavier.

I didn't even atempt to drive with overdrive engaged. Rpms held very steady the whole way home. Our trailers should be around the same weight? 1400 lbs is supper heavy for an aluminum trailer.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:50 am 
LOST Addict

Yeah that's what I expected. The Jeep drives very well with overdrive locked out. Just drinks a lot of gas in the process! :lol:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:20 am 
LOST Addict

Did a relay board for the trailer lights and such last week some time.

Sooo Rausch yesterday was a com0lete sucsess with the jeep and trailer. No power issues.

Has anyone done trail #14 with a trailer? Yea dont do it. I was stuck on a nice sized boulder on my rear axle and it was a very tight spot. Long story short i broke my rear passenger side window. I wanted to blow out the drivers side just to match it but i was told that was a bad idea. Haha. That same trail i got up on 2 wheels looking up at the sky for what was an actual 5 seconds! Oddly enough that made my day. My jeep weighing in at around 6200 lbs and still able to get on 2 wheels!

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:12 am 
LOST Newbie

PALiftedKK wrote:
Did a relay board for the trailer lights and such last week some time.

Sooo Rausch yesterday was a com0lete sucsess with the jeep and trailer. No power issues.

Has anyone done trail #14 with a trailer? Yea dont do it. I was stuck on a nice sized boulder on my rear axle and it was a very tight spot. Long story short i broke my rear passenger side window. I wanted to blow out the drivers side just to match it but i was told that was a bad idea. Haha. That same trail i got up on 2 wheels looking up at the sky for what was an actual 5 seconds! Oddly enough that made my day. My jeep weighing in at around 6200 lbs and still able to get on 2 wheels!

Thats a green trail. You should've had no issues, especially with the lift. Did the trailer cause you to get stuck?

ATH Shackle Mounts w/ Rugged Ridge D-rings
Mopar Hitch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:32 pm 
LOST Addict

frankay213 wrote:

Thats a green trail. You should've had no issues, especially with the lift. Did the trailer cause you to get stuck?

14 is just supper windy... and with the trailer alot wider then the jeep, some sections were pucker face spots. the trailer only caused me to get held up by it being jackknifed and my axle up on a rock.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:36 pm 
LOST Addict

had the trailer in for inspections today. it failed. as I figured, the master brake cylinder is seized up, one shock is leaking faster then Niagara Falls, and supposedly I need a license plate light?..... all else is good. so until then the trailer is on hold till i get the brake system and shocks figured out.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Detailed the jeep yesterday. Cleaned up the rear bumper. Hooked up my thicker gauge wire for the solar panel since its going to get alot more sunny out.

Im thinking about testing the 3.7l TB out with towing just to see if it nets better mileage. 9-11 mpg with this trailer will just kill my Alaska trip in gas alone. Just one mpg better will save me well over 200 dollars.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Removed the 4.7l TB today and installed the 3.7l TB. After start up I took it for a drive. All compared to the 4.7 TB, full acceleration is instantaneous, downshifting holds back better, accellerating from zero just sucks. Mileage gain is still under investigation with a near 5k pound KK now.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 pm 
LOST Addict

Replaced a few ounces of power steering fluid today. Fluid smelt burnt so I'm replacing (not flushing) the fluid every other week.

Also noticed a squeaking on Monday so naturally I was under my Jeep for a half hour today trying to find the noise. I'm almost certain its coming from the bell housing area. It's noticeable only at supper low rpms and when under it.

And as far as mileage improvement with the 3.7l TB.... None. If anything it's within margin of error better. So when I do all highway ill figure out if it brings out higher mileage or the same. If mileage is the same on and off highway, its a no brainer to use the 4.7.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:29 pm 
LOST Addict

Solved the alternator squeaking, just a loose bolt. On to a more serious note, power steering pump grenaded its self. I think it was toast before I changed the fluid, as the old burnt fluid was just masking the symptoms and the new fluid just made it more apparent. Im going to wait as long as i can for the pump because i may want a larger and better pump for the lift next year.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Gave the KK a shower today a d waxed the windows. Noticed im missing a weight on my front passenger tire. Didnt even notice it missing since it most likley got torn off 2 months ago. Will do a tire rotation later this week. And will take a look at the front diff quality.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Engine troubles this week... No codes thrown yet. Im thinking it's injectors or coil pack related as the spark plugs were replaced about 15k miles ago.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Tire rotation yesterday. Inspected abs lines, brake pads, rotars, shocks, and springs. Rear springs seem to have had coil contact. The red and black paint ontop of the coils have all been scraped off seemingly by contact. Still no extended bumpstops in the rear. Only issue being is when the wheel gets stuffed in the wheel well. And again, not spending a dime more on the suspension components this year. The front cv joint is still questionable as i may stay ifs and not sfa.

Sfa is for sure a mod in the future, but having done a very big modification before alaska has me rethinking about reliability. Being 6k miles away from my equipment. Ifs with very reliable parts may be the way to go for Alaska. 4k just may be the most reliable option vs a 20k lift.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next