It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Do it Yourself ECU Flash - are you happy with it?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:04 pm 
LOST Addict

micmed wrote:
New CRD owner here.

Million dollar question. Where does one get the Yeti tune files?

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:26 pm 
LOST Member

I have tried all of Yeti and Nick's 808 tunes, and have been running the Yeti Mild Tune (v1.02) for around two months. I haven't noticed much of an increase in mpg (if any), but I do notice a LOT more exhaust when I accelerate, especially from a dead stop; it gets me lots of nasty looks from other drivers, especially in Boulder. :lol:

I am going to switch back to the ECR-FCV delete stock tune for a while and track my mileage more carefully to see how much difference there actually is.

When I started running the mild tune, I took a trip towing the Airstream, and there were definitely issues with TC Shudder (which I anticipated, but wanted to experience first hand to see how bad it actually was). The shift points were also not so good for towing, especially in conjunction with using cruise control, so I switched back to ECR-FCV delete stock for the duration of the trip. I can't wait for the day I get a Suncoast TC and don't have to worry any more about destroying my torque converter by supplying the Jeep with "ultimate torque."

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:51 pm 
LOST Member

Just went back over that crazy long DIY ECU Flash thread, and remembered that Sir Sam created a EGR-FCV delete for 035 (which is what my vehicle actually is), so I think I'm gonna try that for a bit first.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:13 pm 
LOST Addict

kidjedi wrote:
Just went back over that crazy long DIY ECU Flash thread, and remembered that Sir Sam created a EGR-FCV delete for 035 (which is what my vehicle actually is), so I think I'm gonna try that for a bit first.

8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:22 pm 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:
kidjedi wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Working great. Thanks, Sir Sam!