It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice KJ!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

To whoever it was I just was next to on 270 in Dublin, OH.. nice Jeep! It was a lifted tan KJ with black wheels, aftermarket rear bumper and spare carrier along with what appeared to be an ARB front bumper. I figure it has to be someone on here.

This is what I was in...

Post subject: Re: Nice KJ!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:24 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

BDEE wrote:
To whoever it was I just was next to on 270 in Dublin, OH.. nice Jeep! It was a lifted tan KJ with black wheels, aftermarket rear bumper and spare carrier along with what appeared to be an ARB front bumper. I figure it has to be someone on here.

This is what I was in...

:ROTFL: :ROTFL:
We were trying to figure out who you were
Wasn't me but one that I lifted for a local guy here in C-bus area
he said you passed and waved
So you're local ?
If you been around here for a little while you may have seen mine
This was my DD for 12 years ( roof racked removed here ) but
Now this is my DD so you may see it around town

What kind of lift etc do you have ?
don't say spacer or have to bar you from Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

That was me! We were trying on Facebook to figure out who you were, man. That's a pretty sharp vehicle you've got.

Front bumper is indeed an ARB, rear was made by Ricky Parker, who used to be a member here. BTW, it's actually a light olive green, not sure of the name for the color. Khaki green, probably. I don't know why everyone thinks it's tan...

One of these days, we're gonna have to get a real Ohio KJ gather together.

Ricky Parker rear bumper, SkidRow tank skid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:46 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
BDEE wrote:

This is what I was in...

:ROTFL: :ROTFL:
We were trying to figure out who you were
Wasn't me but one that I lifted for a local guy here in C-bus area
he said you passed and waved
So you're local ?

What kind of lift etc do you have ?
don't say spacer or have to bar you from Ohio

I am definitely local, actually live in the Dublin area. Ive been around here for a few years now but haven't seen either of your KJs. Yours look awesome, by the way. I have seen another "tan" one, it sits about as high as mine but looks like it may be a spacer lift. It's got stock wheels with ATs.

I'm running the OME 1.5" lift with the HD fronts and MD rears along with JBA upper A arms in the front.

I've been considering the matrix bumper/brush guard you have, how do you like it?

Last edited by BDEE on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:57 am 
LOST Newbie

Ascender wrote:
That was me! We were trying on Facebook to figure out who you were, man. That's a pretty sharp vehicle you've got.

Front bumper is indeed an ARB, rear was made by Ricky Parker, who used to be a member here. BTW, it's actually a light olive green, not sure of the name for the color. Khaki green, probably. I don't know why everyone thinks it's tan...

One of these days, we're gonna have to get a real Ohio KJ gather together.

Thanks, man! I was excited enough to see another lifted Liberty that I drove right past my exit to see who was driving it. I was digging the rear setup for sure, that was the first I'd ever seen anything like it for a Liberty.

I apologize for calling it tan, reference my previously stated excitement haha.

I'd be down for an Ohio gathering..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:42 pm 

Rock Lizard used to make a great rear bumper but quit couple of years back, had one on the black 04 for a few years
The Matrix brush guard is great, of course not as strong as an ARB ( had one on the 04 for 10 years and sold it like an idiot ! )
But have had the Matrix on the 04 at one time as well without a front bumper cover , well built light weight and tow points built in
Going through some changes on my rear bumper design, hope to have them out in next couple of months at most.

As far as M&Gs I lived west of Toledo for over 10 years , used to have great M&Gs. Have had as many as 21 KJs there from Ohio, Pa, Michigan, Indiana , Illinois, and Kentucky one weekend . Out in the country , tents sit up everywhere, big bon fire, used to have them once a month with mostly Ohio , Indiana and Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

I originally wanted an ARB, which is why I went with the springs that I did for the lift, but realized the Matrix is more what I'm looking for. The cheap bull bar on there now is mainly to hold the light bar and is due to rust off any day now I'm sure.

I dig the look of that rear bumper you're working on, what kind of changes are you making?

It's been a while since I bought anything fun for the Liberty, my car has taken most of the attention lately.