It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 907, 908, 909, 910, 911, 912, 913 ... 924  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am 
LOST Junkie

Ted15 wrote:
...It was nice to wrench on it but doing it because it's needed isn't near as much fun as when something is added, like a bumper.

Spending money because you have to just brings to mind what you could have done for the same dough if the repair wasn't necessary. I've been lucky on major repairs thus far (probably because I have an expensive extended warranty), but in other areas of my life I've had some unexpected bills and my first thought was how I could have made use of that money if it wasn't going out the window just to tread water.

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

profdlp wrote:
Ted15 wrote:
...It was nice to wrench on it but doing it because it's needed isn't near as much fun as when something is added, like a bumper.

Spending money because you have to just brings to mind what you could have done for the same dough if the repair wasn't necessary. I've been lucky on major repairs thus far (probably because I have an expensive extended warranty), but in other areas of my life I've had some unexpected bills and my first thought was how I could have made use of that money if it wasn't going out the window just to tread water.

Ain't THAT the truth. Had to she'll out $440 for a little love tap at a stop sign last night. That sucked. Buggered up the bumper and cracked the tail light on a brand new Nissan. The guy was pretty cool about it, that could've been much more.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:12 pm 
LOST Member

Ted15 wrote:
Sweet.
I had a few issues too. Both front axles, wheel bearings and the lower ball joints prematurely failed. Thought I had an oil leak but it turned out to be a transmission line. The fluid was extremely burnt so I had to service the transmission too. The thing runs better that I remember it ever running. That fluid must've been bad for a long time. I think I'll start doing the tyranny fluid on a regular basis. It was nice to wrench on it but doing it because it's needed isn't near as much fun as when something is added, like a bumper.

Do you have a Transgo kit or anything to boost fluid pressure and lower the slippage? That heat Kills tranny's... I know the transgo kit helped out a bunch in my 06, but that's a different trans is it not>?

05 CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, EuroTC, ARPs, Full EGR Del, IDParts Hoses, Etecno 7v GP, OME 790 Bilstein 916front, OME948 OME N132Lrear, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs+Moabs, Renegade roof lights, Curt Front Hitch, BTF Kryptonite Diff, JCR Stage2 Rails, SkidRow Skids, HDS Tstat,

Sold 06 CRD Limited K&N, EHM, ORM, EuroTC, TransgoKit, Samcos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

xhizzous wrote:
Ted15 wrote:
Sweet.
I had a few issues too. Both front axles, wheel bearings and the lower ball joints prematurely failed. Thought I had an oil leak but it turned out to be a transmission line. The fluid was extremely burnt so I had to service the transmission too. The thing runs better that I remember it ever running. That fluid must've been bad for a long time. I think I'll start doing the tyranny fluid on a regular basis. It was nice to wrench on it but doing it because it's needed isn't near as much fun as when something is added, like a bumper.

Do you have a Transgo kit or anything to boost fluid pressure and lower the slippage? That heat Kills tranny's... I know the transgo kit helped out a bunch in my 06, but that's a different trans is it not>?

Never heard of a transgo kit. There isn't any noticeable slippage but it sure works noticeably better with the new fluid. I REALLY need to put a mechanical fan on it. They came with it as part of the tow package. IMO, they ALL should've come with one.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:59 pm 
LOST Member

your's may be to new , the 545RFE that the 05/06's have components that you can swap out in the valve body to make the shifts quicker and some stuff you can do to trick it into operating at higher pressure (less slip usually means less heat)

I think the 2010 jeep has a 4 speed 42RLE, and 5 speed Mercedes NAG1 transmissions.

I have never touched a mercedes trans except in the sprinters and even then it was just troubleshooting stupid stuff I think that was a W5A580 but I dont remember.

05 CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, EuroTC, ARPs, Full EGR Del, IDParts Hoses, Etecno 7v GP, OME 790 Bilstein 916front, OME948 OME N132Lrear, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs+Moabs, Renegade roof lights, Curt Front Hitch, BTF Kryptonite Diff, JCR Stage2 Rails, SkidRow Skids, HDS Tstat,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's a 4 speed. 42?fe. Not sure anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:03 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Hello to everyone, whats the summer plans for you this year??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:

Going on a backroad trip in a couple weeks :JEEPIN:

You going?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:53 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:

Searching for a house, and probably moving. :dizzy: Hoping to get in a camping trip at some point though! :CAMPING:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:47 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:

4.10's here in a few weeks, provided i can scrape together the money before the guy sells off the diffs.
Moving next weekend, cant make the mwo ohio trip
Moving again in may to a hotel in cinci
Opening a brand new hotel
Moving again in august hopefully into my first home!
This summer is going to be crazy busy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:02 pm 

andrew.wenmoth wrote:
tommudd wrote:

4.10's here in a few weeks, provided i can scrape together the money before the guy sells off the diffs.

So sounds like you got that job!
Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
andrew.wenmoth wrote:
tommudd wrote:

So sounds like you got that job!
Congrats

Thanks Tom! If i get these 4.10s you may be getting a call from me to see if you want to help or walk me through the diff swap!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:02 pm 

[quote="andrew.wenmoth"
Thanks Tom! If i get these 4.10s you may be getting a call from me to see if you want to help or walk me through the diff swap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Just let me know when and where

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The backroad trip was a huge success, thanks Tony. If you're in here :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 pm 

Saw the pictures looks like a great time, and some cool vehicles as well

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Saw the pictures looks like a great time, and some cool vehicles as well

It was and there were. You should've gone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I took a 757 mile back road trip to potts mountain va.Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Wheeling an Isuzu Rodeo on 1 tons
and a Stock Chevy Tracker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:01 pm 
LOST Addict

andrew.wenmoth wrote:

If ya need any help while in Cincy, give me a holler, I'm about 25 miles north of downtown.

My son has finally found all the old fire roads in the Wayne National Forest near his college....every time he comes home, his Cherokee is covered in red clay :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:54 pm 

lfhoward wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Searching for a house, and probably moving. :dizzy: Hoping to get in a camping trip at some point though! :CAMPING:

Find anything yet?
Same area of the country or different ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:49 pm 
LOST Member

Saw your jeep at DairyQueen yesterday Ted, I saw it as my wife and I were leaving.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 907, 908, 909, 910, 911, 912, 913 ... 924  Next