It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Thermostat housing idea
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

WWDiesel,

You seem like a very level headed individual and quite knowledgeable based on the posts I have read of yours on this forum. I will disagree with a lot of what you have to say below though in this instance.

Just for starters, this thread really had nothing to with Jeff to begin with. Another poster was just sharing an idea he had for making a different thermostat housing. Not one word was mentioned by him about the HDS 001 or Jeff in his post in this thread. The OP and Jeff don't see eye to eye, but his original post again has nothing to do with Jeff. Cue up the second post in the thread. Guess who....Jeff with veiled inuendo trying to stir up crud because he just cannot help himself. He thinks as the self proclaimed CRD thermostat expert, that any thread created regarding thermostats should be subjected to his rants. He creates all his own problems. He believes he has been wronged by so many people. He has chased away one poster who did nothing but offer an alternative and decided he had no appetite for Jeff's garbage. I cannot see how you can defend his pattern of poor behaviour just because "he can get a little obnoxious and tends to go overboard at times", as you put it. He gets very obnoxious and goes way overboard imho.

I guarantee you will not find one single post or comment anywhere where anyone had said a single bad thing about Jeff's actual product. If there is anything eveyone can agree on is that it is a well designed product.

This issue is Jeff cannot handle even the smallest criticism that he perceives about his product or how he handls himself. He is quick to heap praise on those who agree with him and even quicker to disparage those who do not agree, no matter how trivial. Jeff demonstrates many of the traits of having a narcissist disorder, some of which are:

"A 2012 book on power-hungry narcissists suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[7]

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see personal boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they actually are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude"

I for one will never condone or make light of his behaviour just because he happened to make a great product. In fact, I find that disrepectful towards many of the board members here that have been around much longer and done a lot more to advance our knowledge of the little Italian tractor engine. These include OldNavy, GMCTD, Sir Sam, LocoCRD, kapalczynski, Sqeeto, Yeti, GreenDieselEngineering, Sasquatch Parts, Corey @ IDParts, DarbyWalters, MrMopar64, 0331_Doc, Dgiest, papaindigo, tonycrd and many more who I am probably forgetting at the moment, not to mention regular gasser KJ posters such as Tommudd, tjkj2002 and again others who I am forgetting at the moment.

The one time this never ending saga actually quieted down for a bit was when 10-15 longtime posters finally spoke up about Jeff's poor manner's and etiquette, and told him to knock off his garbage and let his product alone speak for him. He did not post on the forum for quite some time and when he did he was brief and to the point with his replies in addition to being polite. The old Jeff is back though and really seems unable to control himself. Forum members really need to quit defending his actions, as you are enabling him. His behaviour is unacceptable and should not be welcome on this forum or any forum for that matter. People really need to understand the common denominater in all of this...is Jeff himself.

WWDiesel wrote:
Dang some of y'all on this forum are extremely tough on Jeff, maybe even a little overboard at times!
Yea I know he can be very defensive of his product and can get a little obnoxious and he tends to go overboard at times, but for Christ's sake please give the man a break, he has invested his time and money to design, engineer, and bring to market a product no one else in the world has provided for a vehicle that was only sold in this country for two years...
Think about that and let it soak in!

If you don't like his thermostat that's fine, no one is forcing anyone to purchase it, but do people have to constantly beat the poor guy up for his product?
And no, I have not purchased one of his thermostats due to the fact I have not needed one so far. So I am a neutral party!

I try my dead level best to help anyone on here who seaks help or advice to the best of my knowledge, but I get very tired of some of the negativity shown by some.
If you cannot say something good or offer helpful advice for a problem, it best to say nothing at all!

I just get tired of people being SO critical of some members on this forum who have only provided products or try their very best to provide helpful and meaningful advice and information for our very unique vehicle.....

IF you cannot provide a better product, why criticise?
:2cents:

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:
I make the offer of having a single LOSTJEEPS.com member directly contact the machine shop that carves the housing, hose barb and cap of the Model 001 because it is the best and easiest way for LOSTJEEPS.com members to get accurate numbers on the manufacturing of these parts. They would be getting those costs directly from the source that charges me. And because these three items make up the 80% cost of manufacturing the Model 001, it would not be difficult for anyone - even you WolverineFW - to extrapolate the total cost of production for the Model 001.

First of all, as another poster alluded to previously, no business as a standard practice would disclose their exact costs to the public, except those required legally by a publically traded company. Since you are not a publically traded company, you have no reason to disclose your actual costs. In fact, it is generally not any consumers business to know the costs. I don't go to a steak house and asked for an itemized list of costs for providing me with a steak dinner to ensure Mr Steak Restaurant Owner is not overcharging me in my eyes.

No one has taken you up on your offer Jeff, because no one really cares. You keep bringing it up because that is the only way that you can percieve that you can feel you won the argument. The bottom line is some people have said that they personally would not pay the current asking price for the product. That is their right and perogative just as it is your right to charge what you feel the product is worth. This has zero to do with the actual cost. You cannot seem to grasp that their are consumers that will never see the value in a product and will never buy it no matter what information is provided to them. This is really what bothers you though, is that you cannot fathom after all the time and development and good product reviews how anyone in their right mind would not buy your product for the price advertised.

Posting my CRA federal tax returns will not accurately reflect this cost, nor will it reflect the total cost of development, which has occurred over a span of three years.

I was actually being quite facetious with this comment. I give zero f%^&$% about this and did not expect it to actually happen.

Juan Ruiz has no problems accepting a telephone call from 1 LOSTJEEPS.com member; he agreed to do this over 2 years ago. That is not a lot of time out of his day to end this speculation over the costs to produce the Model 001. If you would have bothered to read my offer, you would realize this. Your suggestion, therefore, is rather lame. I suspect you simply posted your comments to get your digs in.

My suggestion is actually out of empathy for Juan Ruiz. I am sure he has enought stress in his life like the rest of us without being dragged into one of your petty arguments. If he wants to take phone calls from a random dude for information about a customer transaction that is none of the caller's business, he can fly at it. It is a free country. If I was said business owner I would not disclose customer information over the phone or by any other means to someone who has no business knowning. That could actual land him in hot water due to the privacy laws in this country. You seem to have no issue putting him in that situation though Jeff.

I have never understood tire kickers like you; you inquire about a product, receive timely information about it, and then do not respond to either e-mail, text messages or telephone calls. I THOUGHT you were interested in the Model 001; after all, YOU contacted ME FIRST. If you were not interested - for whatever reason - have the EFFING courtesy to communicate your disinterest by any of these means.

Don't leave the seller to wonder if you are even getting his or her messages, prompting repeated inquiries from their side over a reasonable amount of time for follow up with you; especially when that person has many thousands in development costs to pay off. That person invariably does not want to waste your time; have the courtesy to not waste theirs.

Spin it all you want Jeff. I had my wallet open and my credit card out as being close to one of the first people to back your product. I provided you with my name, email, mailing address and telephone number, via a PM on this forum. You did reply back quite quickly about different payment options and all I asked for you to do was send me a Paypal invoice for your product so I could purchase one. It actually ended up taking months for you to send me a payment invoice, but by that time I had long lost interest in doing business with you or giving you any of my hard earned money. You just could not follow a simple request. Instead of sending an invoice right away, the phone calls started with the rambling voicemail messages that I could not even listen to the whole thing. I was working 12-14hours a day at that time and did not have time to be discussing simple matters on the phone with someone I had no need to talk to. IMHO my request was simple....send an invoice and I will reciprocate by paying said invoice. I at no point requested that you phone me, never mind multiple times. The only one who was the cause of you wasting your time was you with your borderline telemarketer harrasment of potential clients.

Again you make a great product. I will never give you my money because I don't like how you do business and treat other people. I never even brought up anything about our attempted dealings for months until your forum posts got way out of hand. I prefered to say nothing because maybe it was a one off experience. I came to find out I was not the only one by a long shot.

Above all, just because you did not like your experience with me because you were too short-sighted to respond in any reasonable manner, doesn't give you license to smear me publicly. Just who do you think you are, Wolverine FW; playing armchair Psychologist and summarizing my efforts here as being an ego trip, and then further doing over-the-internet psychoanalysis on Mr. Juan Ruiz and stating that this offer is going to be a headache for him? You have never even met the man!!

I don't need to do any smearing of you publicly Jeff as you have made it painfully obvious you have no problems making yourself look foolish.

Lol.....at most I will offer Mr. Juan Ruiz a couple of Tylenol for a potential headache. Maybe he should read your posts on this forum and decide for himself. Why would he tell you that you are a headache anyway as it sounds like what he is charging you for your business is satisfactory for him at the moment. I am sure he is a smart man and when it becomes too much he will end his business relationship with you.

I suppose that I should not be surprised at your posting here... you and NapaBavarian are very similar in this regard.

Hey...we agree on something. I also think NapaBavarian is a smart, articulate, rational and sane individual, just like myself.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:57 pm 

Just wish everyone could all try and get along and work for the common goal of the betterment of these unique little vehicles without all the negativity which helps absolutely no one!
After all, is that not what the forum is all about, trying to help people who ask questions or have problems?

Enough said, back to technical issues. I will leave all the mudslinging to those that choose to do so....
:roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

OK everyone back away from the keyboard for a bit.
This is going away from the issue at hand and there is no good that will come from "almost " slandering one person or another.
This section has always been the greatest source of info for the CRD crowd.
I am on several sites and when a question about CRDs comes up I refer them directly here due to 99% of the time you are all very good about sharing info no matter if a newbie or a seasoned owner.
So before this goes further and we have to lock the thread, sit back and think is this helping anyone really.
You may not get along, you may not like someone, but when you start calling each other names it does nothing but drive some good people away in the end.
I got a heads up that something maybe brewing, and as you know you all rarely hear from me as you pretty much self control here.

So everyone have a great evening/ night

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have to agree, spending $500 on the flawless HDS tstat, vs spending $1000s plus your time, designing it, boiting it on and off the engine for testing etc.

But if you have the time and money to burn, go for it.

For me I cannot see reinventing the wheel, when Jeff already made a commercially available product that works perfect? I don't even think about a cold engine or OE tstat problems until I read these threads.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:57 pm 
LOST Addict

flman wrote:
I have to agree, spending $500 on the flawless HDS tstat, vs spending $1000s plus your time, designing it, boiting it on and off the engine for testing etc.

For me I cannot see reinventing the wheel, when Jeff already made a commercially available product that works perfect? I don't even think about a cold engine or OE tstat problems until I read these threads.
Exactly my opinion. Plus, if you don't like Jeff, so be it, you buy his product if you want it not marrying him... I find normal to promote your product, and as I said, the only issue is that Jeff's thermostat is made for a vehicle that doesn't value much anymore. Jeff, go towards 3.0 EcoDiesel, hint hint... Lol.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:01 am 
LOST Addict

thermorex wrote:
flman wrote:

Exactly my opinion. Plus, if you don't like Jeff, so be it, you buy his product if you want it not marrying him... I find normal to promote your product, and as I said, the only issue is that Jeff's thermostat is made for a vehicle that doesn't value much anymore. Jeff, go towards 3.0 EcoDiesel, hint hint... Lol.

I have your thermostat, NOW I need a 3.0L EcoDiesel engine to work with.

The EcoDiesel engine thermostat assembly one is going to be difficult to upgrade because the O.E. part is a thermostat valve with a partial housing. There are less parameters to play with, and therefore the task is way more difficult. No guarantees, thermorex, but I will try.

Last edited by TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:47 am 
LOST Member

Napabavarian........You haven't been told!!! the thermostat issue has already been solved by one of our fellow member of the forum. I can also say he nailed it pretty good !!!
Why don't you try working on some other issues or are you just trying to stir the chyte once again ???

You think the HDS 001 is too expensive ??? What about the WEEKS KIT, do you know how much it will cost me to make this unit ???? I never heard anybody complaining about the price of the kit...... certainly not starting a smear campaign !

:jester: :ROTFL: SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND BUY YOURSELF A HDS 001 !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:35 am 
LOST Addict

How about this...

Those who like the HDS thermostat can buy it, install it, and live happily ever after.

Those who want to create their own thermostat solution can do their own research, fabrication, testing, ignore all the naysayers, and post their results when successful.

Or maybe the topic of thermostats should just be banned :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

flash7210 wrote:
How about this...

Those who like the HDS thermostat can buy it, install it, and live happily ever after.

Those who want to create their own thermostat solution can do their own research, fabrication, testing, ignore all the naysayers, and post their results when successful.

You are right on that one, we are living happily ever after.

I don't think I put it that way I said, "But if you have the time and money to burn, go for it."

I believe in free speech. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:45 pm 
LOST Addict

thermorex wrote:
flman wrote:

I have your thermostat, NOW I need a 3.0L EcoDiesel engine to work with.

The EcoDiesel engine thermostat assembly one is going to be difficult to upgrade because the O.E. part is a thermostat valve with a partial housing. There are less parameters to play with, and therefore the task is way more difficult. No guarantees, thermorex, but I will try.
Do you also need a water pump? Thermostat goes in the water pump as I remember. And btw, you owe me nothing, I'm just expressing interest, if you can make something, I'll buy! I can also test it. Maybe with your connections (and maybe via Thailand?) you can also design a bigger radiator for EcoDiesel. These 2 will definitely sell, in my opinion, towing with EcoDiesel has a lot of overheating complaints on long hills. I can also try making a note and call you at a convenient time for you, since lately we weren't able to do this ...

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm 
LOST Addict

flash7210 wrote:
How about this...

No, not banned. We like drama.

https://youtu.be/316AzLYfAzw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:58 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
:shock: :shock: LMAO :ROTFL: :rockon:

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:18 am 

thermorex wrote:
flash7210 wrote:
How about this...

No, not banned. We like drama.

https://youtu.be/316AzLYfAzw

As long as its " friendly " drama
but when it gets too deep and I start getting " drama " emails disrupting me watching whatever it is I watch :shock:
then I'm not friendly any more :lol: :lol:
Have fun guys !

Keep up the good work