It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weeks Stage 1/2 Install
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have both the stage 1 and 2 but my stage 1 is currently in storage (military) and won't get it for another 2 weeks. I currently have an exhaust leak from the EGR tube (exhaust side) which then makes its way into the car. So I can as wondering if I could install the stage 2 prior to the stage 1? My initial thoughts are no, but maybe someone knows if it would work.
Obviously, I can just wait, but the sooner I can drive the car without asphyxiating myself the better.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Weeks Stage 1/2 Install
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
LOST Member

You probably could. You would need the exhaust manifold cap from the stage 2 kit and block off plate from the stage 1 kit (or make your own).

Not an easy job to fish that tube out of there though and is likely easier when you're do delete the entire system.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Weeks Stage 1/2 Install
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:28 am 
LOST Newbie

This egr tube has two Vband clamps on it. One on the exhaust manafold the other on the egr valve. Most likely any leak would be from an improper install or tightening of these clamps. The one on the manafold can be reached by taking the air box out and lifting the hoses. If you block it off this is where I would block it. The hard part is keeping the block plate in while trying to install the Vband all with only one hand near the limits of your reach. I cheated and used some high heat exhaust metal set and stuck the plate on first then before it set but hours later when it was holding the plate installed the clamp. After a few heat cycles it would not hurt to double check the tightness especially if you cheated like me as the heat could wear or shrink the metal set. If this a problem buy extra clamps from your local dealer. It is not hard to install one crooked just could be lethal. This exhaust is dangerous it would be nice to know if you have succumbed to its effects.