It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trans controler
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Need a replacement to be programmed by greendiesel where can I get one for less then 150. .

Post subject: Re: Trans controler
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Is the one you have broken? If not just mail it in USPS priority mail; 2 days out/2 days back.

FYI the electrical plug is on there REALLY tight.
1. when removing you may have to use a large bladed screwdriver to gently encourage/wiggle the plug to remove
2. CRITICALLY IMPORTANT do NOT attempt to reinstall by using the bolt to pull the plug into place. You will, I promise, spin the plastic nut the bolt screws into. Gently tighten the bolt and push/wiggle the plug further into place - repeat as needed.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:25 pm 
LOST Member

I'm running a controller off of a 03 Ram.....probably can do a little searching to find out which years work. Same unit, just different shift points and pump pressure. I think GDE may be able to program them for the CRD.

Florida HD billet TC [500+flbs torque]
DIY T'stat Mod {Kap's design}
'03 Ram TCM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:19 pm 
LOST Addict

My Ram TCM was not able to be flashed by GDE to their eco tune, but for some reason they could flash it to the Pre-F37 OEM tune. No clue why. Other have had success and were able to get the RAM TCM flashed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 am 
LOST Addict

You could try getting a TCM from a 2005 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi and use it while your CRD TCM is getting programmed by GDE.
I got my Ram Hemi TCM off ebay for $25.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just as a point of clarification: if you send GDE a RAM Hemi TCM and they can flash it with any Liberty program, it no longer has any RAM characteristics left. It would be the same as if you sent them a Liberty TCM in the first place. Still a cheaper way to go.

Mishimoto hoses
Weeks Stage1+2
Yeti stage 2 ECM
GDE ECO TCM
FTC billet TC
Transgo kit
no mech fan
Cummins lift pump
2.5" catback
OME 790/948 springs
JBA top plate and UCAs
2 upper rear insulators
Bilstein 24-139168 front 24-186704 rear
255/70R16
1.25" wheelspacers
SkidRow engine plate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:55 pm 
LOST Addict

uncaged wrote:
Just as a point of clarification: if you send GDE a RAM Hemi TCM and they can flash it with any Liberty program, it no longer has any RAM characteristics left. It would be the same as if you sent them a Liberty TCM in the first place. Still a cheaper way to go.

They were not able to flash mine to their Eco Tune. They were able to flash it to the Pre-F37 stock tune for some reason. I ended up having to send them my Jeep TCM to get the tune loaded so now I have a Jeep pre-F37 TCM and GDE Eco TCM. People may want to confirm if they have successfully flashed the specific part # of the ram TCM you want to use.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 am 
LOST Member

mass-hole wrote:
uncaged wrote:

They were not able to flash mine to their Eco Tune. They were able to flash it to the Pre-F37 stock tune for some reason. I ended up having to send them my Jeep TCM to get the tune loaded so now I have a Jeep pre-F37 TCM and GDE Eco TCM. People may want to confirm if they have successfully flashed the specific part # of the ram TCM you want to use.

A few years back, I sent GDE a stock 2006 Liberty CRD TCM that I had bought from a salvage yard and a 2003 Ram hemi TCM that I bought on eBay. GDE flashed the CRD TCM with their ECO tune and it has been in my wife's Jeep since then. I sent the Ram hemi TCM for GDE to keep and experiment on. (I only paid about $25 for it). I figured if it could be flashed with their transmission tunes, the hemi TCMs would be a cheap source of programmable TCMs for CRD owners. I spoke with Keith a few months after I sent the TCMs. He told me the same thing. The Ram TCM I sent could be programmed with a stock CRD tune, but it would not take a GDE tune.

GDE FT ECO tune, GDE TCM ECO tune, ARP studs, HDS-001 203F T-Stat, 3.7L nylon fan & Hayden 2905 clutch, Carter P76148M in-tank pump, Racor 245R122 filter head & 2 micron R25S fuel filter, Provent 200, Samcos, Fumoto F-102, Litens 920834A de-coupler, PML rear diff cover, OEM trans pan with welded in bung, JBA UCAs, full skids.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 pm 
LOST Member

I'm running the controller from an 02 gas liberty with the 45rfe. Was reprogrammed by GDE when I was there. Cost about 45.00 for the controller at LKQ self-serve.