It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anybody have a copy of the Webasto German install guide?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:05 am 
LOST Newbie

The links I followed were dead and archive.org had nothing. I just picked up a Webasto and want to get it hooked up right. Since I'm putting the weeks 1&2 in can I plumb one side in the tee on the passenger side? Would an inline check valve be a good idea?

Post subject: Re: Anybody have a copy of the Webasto German install guide?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 am 
LOST Addict

I have it, I just do not quite know how to get it to you. It is a .pdf file sent to me by Steve McLenachen on January 19, 2016.

Call me on my mobile phone, (1-780-844-0135), and we will figure this out. If you reach voicemail, please leave a message as to what time is good for me to call you.

Try Steve McLenachen on the Liberty CRD Facebook page if our attempt fails.

Best regards,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:03 am 
LOST Member

If you would document the install. I may do one myself if the new starter doesnt fix my cold starting issue. My current thinking is using the old junk for the EGR like the coolant y and line over the engine for the line into the heater, then the port that is on the engine for the egr as the out for the heated coolant. Mounting it all where the EGR used to be, of course you would have to fab a bracket up. But i measured and its about the same side as all the old egr stuff. I plan to use a remote and put it on a relay so i can hit it from the house or work and heat it up for about 15 minutes or so and it will autoshut off when the coolant gets to 180f on the intake. But like i said it is all an idea now and on hold until i get my new starter and test that out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm 
LOST Addict

ryanchris wrote:
If you would document the install. I may do one myself if the new starter doesnt fix my cold starting issue. My current thinking is using the old junk for the EGR like the coolant y and line over the engine for the line into the heater, then the port that is on the engine for the egr as the out for the heated coolant. Mounting it all where the EGR used to be, of course you would have to fab a bracket up. But i measured and its about the same side as all the old egr stuff. I plan to use a remote and put it on a relay so i can hit it from the house or work and heat it up for about 15 minutes or so and it will autoshut off when the coolant gets to 180f on the intake. But like i said it is all an idea now and on hold until i get my new starter and test that out.

You may want to look at the actual physical size of the Webasto heater before you plan on this. Sasquatch Motorsports has an upgrade battery tray that has room for a Webasto TSL17 heater underneath. You can still likely plumb through the old EGR coolant lines if you wish. I am also not certain the reliability of the Webasto heater if mounted directly to a vibrating engine.... check with Webasto Thermo and Comfort North America before attempting this.

Call their technical line; you will likely have to be transferred from either 1-800-860-7866 or 1-810-593-6000.

Best regards,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

This is our translated version of the instructions:

And our battery tray which has mounting provisions for the Webasto:

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Weeks, Thanks for the translated manual! I'll probably pick up a tray. I wish you had the black one in stock. I like my aftermarket parts to look as OEM as possible.

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK also got me a copy of the original German one so I can
ask a German friend if something is unclear with the translation.

I'll try and document as well as i can and post the results.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

weeks101 wrote:

Does anyone have pictures of the install on a Liberty with the Sasquatch battery tray? Is the heater mounted under the Sasquatch battery tray? The Thermo King tech says the heater must stand up... 8” tall with only 4” under the tray? What about the fuse block? Where did you splice coolant lines? Where did you vent the exhaust?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 pm 
LOST Addict

MaverickKJ wrote:
weeks101 wrote:

Does anyone have pictures of the install on a Liberty with the Sasquatch battery tray? Is the heater mounted under the Sasquatch battery tray? The Thermo King tech says the heater must stand up... 8” tall with only 4” under the tray? What about the fuse block? Where did you splice coolant lines? Where did you vent the exhaust?

Call Webasto Thermo & Comfort North America. They have a technical service line that can answer all of your questions. I believe the Thermo King tech is incorrect, at least as Webasto TSL17 heaters are concerned. You can call or send an e-mail to the following.... info-us@webasto.com and phone: +1 810 593-6000.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:54 pm 
LOST Member

MaverickKJ wrote:
weeks101 wrote:

There's 2 positions approved by the manufacturer, it can be standing up or laid on one of his side ( not both side..)