It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leak From Transmission Cooler Fitting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:11 am 
LOST Junkie

I've got a leak from the transmission cooler fitting. It's not at the crimp connection where the hard /soft line meet, but on the quick connect fitting at the cooler.

Has anyone taken the quick connect fitting off and resealed it? Or know the part number to replace it? Seems like it should just unscrew from the cooler, but I fear that is not the case. Image

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

Post subject: Re: Leak From Transmission Cooler Fitting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 am 
LOST Member

I had a leak on mine and cut the hard lines, put a barb on the soft and mounted a external bigger "more better" trans cooler in front of everything on the grill to the left on the pass side. MY thinking was the extra cooling might put more life in the Converter / Trans and help ease the summer heat stress on the ac/tran/intercooler/rad stack.

Trans cooler I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C3BBKS/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

ryanchris wrote:
I had a leak on mine and cut the hard lines, put a barb on the soft and mounted a external bigger "more better" trans cooler in front of everything on the grill to the left on the pass side. MY thinking was the extra cooling might put more life in the Converter / Trans and help ease the summer heat stress on the ac/tran/intercooler/rad stack.

Trans cooler I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C3BBKS/
Thanks for the reply ryanchris. I already have an auxiliary cooler inline with the factory one. I'd like to attempt to fix the leak before I bypass the factory cooler.

Edit:. I think I used the same cooler as you, but mounted it on the driver's side. Image

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm 
LOST Member

Mine leaks a little too. I believe they use a fuel line tool to uniformly press back tiny fingers to disconnect. Seals with an o-ring. Haven't messed with it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

turblediesel wrote:
Mine leaks a little too. I believe they use a fuel line tool to uniformly press back tiny fingers to disconnect. Seals with an o-ring. Haven't messed with it yet.
The quick disconnects are no big deal. Just use a pick to pop off the clip and pull the line out. I'm curious if the fitting in the cooler just unscrews or if it is permanently mounted.

Update: The cooler fitting just unscrews and is sealed by an o-ring. My fitting was loose. It unscrewed by hand. I snugged it and think this was the culprit. Time will tell.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!