It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transmission P0935 and P1745 DTC Issues
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi everybody, I'm a novice here, and please excuse me for my bad English. I'm from Russia and have 2011 Cherokee KK (aka Liberty in American domestic market) - 70 Anniversary edition with 3.7 engine and 42RLE transmission and 63 k mileage (98 kkm in dashboard). I'm really fond of her (but Cherokee definitely is an Indian man in Russian haha).
Have got issue with p0935 (LINE PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH) for about two months. My servicemen diagnosted bad connector inside solenoid assembly, replaced it, but there was no help. No transmission misfunction detected while p0935 DTC were active. So it goes, and on a pretty day additional p1745 DTC (TRANSMISSION LINE PRESSURE TOO HIGH FOR TOO LONG) and my tranny went to limp mode (only second gear front). Now servicemen detected another connector (outside transmission) broken, ordered it from US (2 months shipping - jeep guy's life is hard in Russia), but I mean it will no help again. So I got additionally Variable Line Pressure Sensor and Variable Line Pressure Solenoid to replace and going to replace them whith the connector.

Have anyone of you have got one or boths of these (P0935 and P1745) issues and what was the way to win them?

Thank you in advance. Any help will be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Transmission P0935 and P1745 DTC Issues
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

OK now. Preventive replaced all the stuff: pressure sensor, pressure regulator, and inside wire harness and that do help. Works great about 1000 miles after repair (moved a little trip right away).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Am I alone here? Hey anybody, just say something please.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Gauge wrote:
OK now. Preventive replaced all the stuff: pressure sensor, pressure regulator, and inside wire harness and that do help. Works great about 1000 miles after repair (moved a little trip right away).

A decent explanation I found here; https://www.troublecodes.net/pcodes/p0935/

Second code seems to be a result of the first. P1745 — The P1745 code is an informational code to inform the technician that transmission has been operating in an open-loop line pressure control for 3220 kilometers (2000 miles) or 1000 2-3 upshifts resulting from a Line Pressure DTC. The Transmission is not designed to operate in open-loop line pressure control for an extended period time. This code is intended to protect the transmission. If the P1745 code sets, the transmission controller will place the transmission into limp-in mode.

Read more: https://www.engine-codes.com/p1745.html

I don’t have much knowledge regarding the transmission in these but it really sounds like an electrical issue. Broken wire, corroded terminal, or rusty ground possibly. Do you have a schematic for the wiring?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Drifter wrote:
Gauge wrote:

I don’t have much knowledge regarding the transmission in these but it really sounds like an electrical issue. Broken wire, corroded terminal, or rusty ground possibly. Do you have a schematic for the wiring?

Thank you for answer. Yes, I have a wiring diagram for variable line pressure circuit and know theory of operation (I have PDF and HTML interactive service manuals for 2008 Liberty).

But I'm looking for some other user experience to solve this or similar issues in future.