It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's the largest tire size for a 08-12 Jeep Liberty KK 4x4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Jeep Lovers,

I'm new to the forum and I would like to ask for some help on deciding what's the largest size tires I can put on my 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport KK 4x4. First of all, my KK is completely stock. I want to put a more aggressive looking tire on my stock 16" wheels without using any spacers or a lift kit plus I don't want it to have any rubbing issues. I have heard that the KK's suspension in time starts to sag a bit and I would like the suggestions on the tire sizes to account for that also. I'm looking for an A/T type tire as well. If you all could suggest a nice looking and good quality brand and size tires I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for checking out my post and for any suggestions you have to offer. Have An Awesome Day!

Last edited by JEEP4X4FOR4 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What's the largest tire size for a 08-12 Jeep Liberty KK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:19 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

JEEP4X4FOR4 wrote:
Hi Jeep Lovers,

I'm new to the forum and I would like to ask for some help on deciding what's the largest size tires I can put on my 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport KK 4x4. First of all, my KK is completely stock. I want to put a more aggressive looking tire on my stock 16" wheels without using any spacers or a lift kit plus I don't want it to have any rubbing issues. I have heard that the KK's suspension in time starts to sag a bit and I would like the suggestions on the tire size would also account for that too. I'm looking for a A/T type tire as well. If you all could suggest a nice looking and good quality brand and size I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for checking out my post and for any suggestions you have to offer. Have An Awesome Day!

245-70-16s about it with no sag at all and stock wheels

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
JEEP4X4FOR4 wrote:
Hi Jeep Lovers,

I'm new to the forum and I would like to ask for some help on deciding what's the largest size tires I can put on my 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport KK 4x4. First of all, my KK is completely stock. I want to put a more aggressive looking tire on my stock 16" wheels without using any spacers or a lift kit plus I don't want it to have any rubbing issues. I have heard that the KK's suspension in time starts to sag a bit and I would like the suggestions on the tire size would also account for that too. I'm looking for a A/T type tire as well. If you all could suggest a nice looking and good quality brand and size I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for checking out my post and for any suggestions you have to offer. Have An Awesome Day!

245-70-16s about it with no sag at all and stock wheels

Thanks for replying to my post. You're suggesting 245-70-16s with stock wheels with no sag at all. Does this mean if my KK starts to sag this size tire will start rubbing but I'm safe if it's not sagging right now? Do you know if 235-75-16s will work on my KK? I noticed that these are a tad bit taller but not as wide as the 245-70-16s.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:07 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I think either size will work. If there is any rubbing it would be minor and only at full lock.

Try using a service like Tire Rack where you can use their image modeling software to mock things up since we don't know what you consider "aggressive".. like below?

These will also fit.
https://www.amazon.com/Federal-Couragia-Mud-Terrain-Radial-Tire/dp/B01550RQME/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1537341827&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=205%2F80r16

Or you could buy a set of these
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=185QR6WDT&tab=Sizes
and probably never have to worry about replacing them again. Some here are pushing 100k with only 50% wear, if that.

I have 245-70-16's on mine with stock suspension, minimal sag if any, and no rubbing issues. Any larger without lifting, and I'm pretty sure I would have.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
I think either size will work. If there is any rubbing it would be minor and only at full lock.

Try using a service like Tire Rack where you can use their image modeling software to mock things up since we don't know what you consider "aggressive".. like below?

These will also fit.
https://www.amazon.com/Federal-Couragia-Mud-Terrain-Radial-Tire/dp/B01550RQME/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1537341827&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=205%2F80r16

Or you could buy a set of these
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=185QR6WDT&tab=Sizes
and probably never have to worry about replacing them again. Some here are pushing 100k with only 50% wear, if that.

I have 245-70-16's on mine with stock suspension, minimal sag if any, and no rubbing issues. Any larger without lifting, and I'm pretty sure I would have.

Thanks for replying to my post. I appreciate your suggestions. I did check out the links you attached here and the style of those tires are what I consider to be an aggressive looking tire. The Federal one looks nice but I don't really use my KK in mud nor rough terrain very much. I use it more on the streets, highways and gravel roads. I like the aggressive look but also would like a nice ride on the streets. I like the suggestion of the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac. That's a nice looking tire and I really like how it doesn't wear down easily. I see that it doesn't come in a 245-70-16 on that site but only in the 225-75-16 which is the standard size I have on my KK right now. I'll check out other tire sites to see if that size is available in that tire. I see that you have the 245-70-16 on your KK and you don't have any rubbing issues. What's the brand and style tire do you have? Any pros or cons about them? If you have any pictures with them on your KK I would appreciate it if you could attach them here so I can see how they look if you don't mind and if it's not any trouble. Thanks again for your advice and suggestions. Have An Awesome Day!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:44 pm 
LOST Addict

Last line of my sig.

Cooper 51770

They weren't what I wanted, but the tires on it when I bought it were BALDbald, and these were what I could afford at the time.
That said, they are significantly better than what I expected them to be. I just have to stay out of any deep mud.
Decent mileage. Not too loud. Handle well, dry or wet. A little skittish on packed snow/ice. No more than one would expect for not being snow rated, but fine on new snow or slush, with appropriate care, of course.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Last line of my sig.

Cooper 51770

They weren't what I wanted, but the tires on it when I bought it were BALDbald, and these were what I could afford at the time.
That said, they are significantly better than what I expected them to be. I just have to stay out of any deep mud.
Decent mileage. Not too loud. Handle well, dry or wet. A little skittish on packed snow/ice. No more than one would expect for not being snow rated, but fine on new snow or slush, with appropriate care, of course.

I actually saw those tires on Amazon and thought they looked pretty good and aren't priced too high. I'm in the same situation like you were. I bought my KK several months ago and at that time all the tires had really really low thread and now their bald. Will be needing to replace them soon but still somewhat safe for right now. I appreciate your comments regarding your tires. That will help me decide on what to get when that time comes to replace them. Nothing beats actual owner's reviews rather than the tire manufacturers or tire store's descriptions. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:02 pm 
LOST Addict

just for full disclosure, There have been some lately, that mention sidewall issues on new tires. The pics looked seriously curbed, but they assured they were not. Keep an eye out if you get these, and get them from someone you won't have to fight with if you get some bad ones.

Les Schwab is a good one in the west US. I'm sure there is a reputable dealer near you.

I have had no such problems with the ones I bought.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
just for full disclosure, There have been some lately, that mention sidewall issues on new tires. The pics looked seriously curbed, but they assured they were not. Keep an eye out if you get these, and get them from someone you won't have to fight with if you get some bad ones.

Les Schwab is a good one in the west US. I'm sure there is a reputable dealer near you.

I have had no such problems with the ones I bought.

WOW! That's good to know. Thanks for that info.