It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wheel spacers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi from the UK :D
I realise this question has been covered before but i cant seem to get a definate answer to my query.
Can i fit 30mm wheel spacers to my Liberty KJ running no lift and standard 235/70 16 all terrains?
A straight yes/no answer is all im looking for without getting into discussions on backspaced wheels, lifts etc.
Any help or info would be appreciated :wink:

Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes, but why would you need to?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:51 pm 
LOST Member

^x2, it should fit.

My spidertrax wheel adapters are 31.75mm thick and I ran 245/75/16s with no lift for a while with some minor rubbing in on-road use. My wheels have 7mm more backspace than stock netting an effective spacer thickness compared to stock of 24.75mm. Apply that experience to your situation as you see fit. Note I was on stock springs on my CRD (a bit different than a 3.7 suspension and clearance-wise I think).

Please let us know why you are considering spacers. I wanted to use wheels off of a JK with a different bolt pattern, so needed the adapters. I do like the look of the wider stance as a side benefit.

Facet Fuel Pump, Secondary Fuel Filter
ARPs, 188 Degree Thermostat
GDE Eco Tune Full Torque
OME 1.5", JBA A-Arms and Top Plates
245/75/16s, Spidertrax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:45 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for replies :mrgreen:
In all honesty the only reason i was considering fitting is purely cosmetic, basically to fill out the wheel arches and improve the "under tyred" look.
My jeep spends the vast majority of its life on the road, only encountering the odd bit of winter snow or boggy campsite.
I dont want to go down the route of major suspension mods and lose the good road handling manners, ive done the usual exhaust mod and had a remap.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:06 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Short answer NO NO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:06 pm 

Short answer NO NO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:07 pm 

crazyfranko wrote:
In all honesty the only reason i was considering fitting is purely cosmetic, basically to fill out the wheel arches and improve the "under tyred" look.
My jeep spends the vast majority of its life on the road, only encountering the odd bit of winter snow or boggy campsite.
I dont want to go down the route of major suspension mods and lose the good road handling manners, ive done the usual exhaust mod and had a remap.

Spacers/ sagged springs and worn out shocks , nothing but problems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 pm 

tommudd wrote:
crazyfranko wrote:

Spacers/ sagged springs and worn out shocks , nothing but problems

X2 on what Tom said!
If you want to do it right, replace the worn out factory springs and shocks/struts with one of the kits that have Bilstein shocks/struts along with new springs like the ones from either IDParts or Sasquatch Parts.
https://www.idparts.com/bilstein-hd-mev ... -6200.html
https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/product ... y-28l-crd/

Either one of these type kits will give you a great ride with much improved handing on pavement.
You will be totally impressed with the difference new springs and good shocks will make to ride quality and handling....even on the street!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks again for replies, gives me something to think about! :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:26 pm 
LOST Member

C F,

I have an 2005 and solved the rubbing/handling issues with installing spacer lifts on the front springs and Rock Crawler Steel wheels all around which have a better off set and give a little more width to the stance of the KJ.
:2cents:

2005 Sport, Light Khaki, manual trans 6 speed, front spacer lift, tinted glass, tow hooks, ProComp black rock crawler rims, Toyo AT tires, K+ N filter charger, Magnaflow muffler, Bilstein shocks, Daystar sway bar bushings, skid plates, trailer hitch, fogs, 50 watt back up bulbs, Sylvania plus headlights, Thule rack and SiriusX Satellite radio.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:09 pm 

Liberty for All wrote:
C F,

I have an 2005 and solved the rubbing/handling issues with installing spacer lifts on the front springs and Rock Crawler Steel wheels all around which have a better off set and give a little more width to the stance of the KJ.

....................spacer lift :( :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:10 am 
LOST Junkie

I think that you are missing his question - he's not asking about a spacer lift, but wheel spacers.

I fitted Hoffman 30 mm wheel spacers and ran them for a year before lifting my CRD without any problems. They are still on 10 years later - still no problems. The lift is OME by the way.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Cheers Lancer.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:18 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
Liberty for All wrote:
C F,

These front Daystar level spacers only raised about an inch so that my stock height Liberty 2005 daily driver will not have tire rub on sharp turns. Tires are 225 75R 16s. I am retired and on a limited budget but after replacing struts again with Ranchos is all I could do.

Tom, what can go wrong with what I have done? What else could I do?
Respect your knowledge on this.

Thanks

2005 Sport, Light Khaki, manual trans 6 speed, front spacer lift, tinted glass, tow hooks, ProComp black rock crawler rims, Toyo AT tires, K+ N filter charger, Magnaflow muffler, Bilstein shocks, Daystar sway bar bushings, skid plates, trailer hitch, fogs, 50 watt back up bulbs, Sylvania plus headlights, Thule rack and SiriusX Satellite radio.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:44 pm 

Liberty for All wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Liberty for All wrote:
C F,

These front Daystar level spacers only raised about an inch so that my stock height Liberty 2005 daily driver will not have tire rub on sharp turns. Tires are 225 75R 16s. I am retired and on a limited budget but after replacing struts again with Ranchos is all I could do.

Tom, what can go wrong with what I have done? What else could I do?
Respect your knowledge on this.

Thanks

First if your 225-75-16s were rubbing then your " stock height " KJ springs are sagged
those are only 29 inch tall tires
Spacer lift+ sagged springs is never good
Rancho shocks are on same level as Monroes
Libertys are built heavy, need good springs and shocks for a good ride and handling