It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help me get a parts list!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:19 pm 
LOST Member

Well I'm just about to dive into the repairs on my blown head gasket CRD and would like some suggestions on best avenues for parts with any upgrades you all recommend.

This is what I have:
05 Libby with 164,XXX miles, GDE Hot tune, Sasquatch Stage 1&2 EGR delete, updated fuel filter head, Carter 4600 rotary vane fuel pump, Rebuilt tranny with all the good stuff..., recent vibration dampener/crank pulley, recent tranny cooler/AC condenser, Timing set replaced about 60K ago

This is what I know I need but would like help sourcing parts with:
Timing belt kit
Head studs
Head gasket and any other gaskets needed for this
New HD fan and clutch

What else do you all recommend I get? If you can post sources and part numbers needed that would be awesome

Thanks all!

Post subject: Re: Help me get a parts list!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:41 pm 

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
Well I'm just about to dive into the repairs on my blown head gasket CRD and would like some suggestions on best avenues for parts with any upgrades you all recommend.

This is what I have:
05 Libby with 164,XXX miles, GDE Hot tune, Sasquatch Stage 1&2 EGR delete, updated fuel filter head, Carter 4600 rotary vane fuel pump, Rebuilt tranny with all the good stuff..., recent vibration dampener/crank pulley, recent tranny cooler/AC condenser, Timing set replaced about 60K ago

This is what I know I need but would like help sourcing parts with:
Timing belt kit (Sasquatch or IDParts, both have the correct kits. Be sure and replace the belt tensioner, the two idler pulleys, and the water pump while you are replacing the cam belt )
Head studs (IDParts)
https://www.idparts.com/
https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/
Head gasket and any other gaskets needed for this (IDParts for the head gasket, be sure and replace your head gasket with the same thickness gasket that it came with from the factory unless you are having the head milled which is not recomended since these heads have a special nickel coating on the alimunium mating surface.
As for other gaskets needed, depends on what all else you are planning on doing.

New HD fan and clutch (Best option is the 11 blade GM fan and heavy duty V8 fan clutch used on GM trucks with the HD cooling and towing package.
See this thread for more information:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82941

What else do you all recommend I get? If you can post sources and part numbers needed that would be awesome

Thanks all!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 am 
LOST Member

Thanks for the reply! I'm familiar with those two vendors. Just wasn't sure if there were other sources. Has anyone done this before that may have any tips or tricks that might speed up the process?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 am 
LOST Member

I'd recommend the head install kit. ALL gaskets, sealing washers for the injectors, intake and exhaust and turbo gaskets. I think the only gasket that isn't included is the lower end stuff; pan gasket, oil cooler, and cam shaft seals.
I think it saves several bucks over buying individual parts. I also think both vendors offer an upgrade option to this kit for added head studs, for even a few more dollars in savings over individually purchased.

Should be a drop down option box on the kit; choose which thickness of head gasket, and if you want the added head studs.

WWdiesel is correct, get the same thickness ( zero, one or two hole headgasket) as what you take off.

Sasquatch elbow kit, samcos, GDE eco FT. 11-26-14
80,500 miles, engine is disassembled, awaiting parts 3/18
Budget?? Sure! 'Everything I have'.
New "Pet" name for My Jeep; 'Soul Sucker'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Mines just coming out of the shop today for the head gasket replacement. Got the parts bundle from Sasquatch. It will make you squeek, but buy the ARP head studs unless you want to do this again down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Provent (or similar, as long as it works)

Good Thermostat, Healthy cooling system, Especially if you are leaning towards power-ups. (buy once cry once ultimate option from Jeff.)

Good thermal protection for sensors, wiring looms, etc edit - also check wiring looms everywhere they go behind something (fuel filter bracket) around something, or through something (behind alternator, above starter, etc) check for worn insulation, bare wires, etc and fix anything you find (pre-emptive strike) Or you could just wait till something happens and hunt it down then.

Fuel filter upgrade (< 5 micrometer)

Make sure you get the "Severe Duty" fan clutch for GM. Genuine GM part, or any reputable brand (ie Hayden, Napa, etc) will work. The plastic 11 blade fan (GM 15976889) is much lighter so it pulls more air at any speed.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:52 pm 
LOST Member

I second that on the Hot Diesel thermostat, my jeep never gets hot, 100F a/c on pulling a mild grade. Needle is stuck in the middle. 8) It does not come cheap, I use the lower of the two recommended T-Stats.

10/17 96K, New Head, Injectors, ARP Studs, HDS T-Stat
04/18 99K, New Reman Trans
09/18 104K, Lift Pump
01/19 106K, OME Lift, Eaton TruTrac LSD in new rebuilt diff