It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm 

RCS wrote:
It was 90 here. He sent me a tune and I was blowing too much black smoke with it. I talked to him and he tweaked it for altitude since I live at 6000+ ft above sea level. No smoke. I will pass the yearly test and put the other back on it and drive around so everyone knows she is an oil burner.

If you are seeing black smoke everytime you accelerate, you either don't have enough boost or, you have to much fuel. Either way it is not very efficient combustion and not good for fuel economy. I bet for sure that the 6000+ altitude messes with it, but I would have thought that with the built in barometric pressure sensor within the ECM it would compensate for it somewhat. :shock:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:46 am 
LOST Junkie

thank you guy ,it depend William, the barometric sensor cut the boost and fuel too , than you can feel the car like a stock , is the why I normally cut only the boost altitude , and when people say "hey ....she smoke " I know why and I can customize

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

looking for a 516 EGR delete tune. 2006 CRD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

526 EGR/FCV delete tune.

Hey folks,

I'm in the midst of my second EGR/FCV delete. The first Jeep ECU flash went flawlessly but I'm stuck with the second one.

My READ through MPPS turn up: 037377526P53362K4.

I successfully WROTE Greybeast-526-EGR_FCV_Delete-Stock_Tune.

However the Jeep is still throwing P1140 and P0403. I've tried clearing codes several times and driving a few miles.

If anyone has an suggestions I'd love to hear them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 am 
LOST Junkie

Mrader wrote:
526 EGR/FCV delete tune.

Hey folks,

I'm in the midst of my second EGR/FCV delete. The first Jeep ECU flash went flawlessly but I'm stuck with the second one.

However the Jeep is still throwing P1140 and P0403. I've tried clearing codes several times and driving a few miles.

I can built one without DTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
Mrader wrote:
526 EGR/FCV delete tune.

Hey folks,

I can built one without DTC

Hey Yeti,

That's awesome. Do you work for beer? Haha.

Let me know what's involved.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:36 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
31sherwood31 wrote:

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

First of all thanks to all the interesting and informative contributions in this thread its a really interesting read.

I thought it may be of benefit to me to try a different map or to restore my old map from my dead ecu ( thats how i bought the car with dead ecu ) , for the desired result of better starting with the 5v metal glow plugs, the thought being that i may have older map on the new ecu not updated for the metal glow plugs, the ceramic 7volt ones were still in it when i bought the car last year but number 2 plug had been replaced with a 11v metal one and the actual one that was faulty was still in no 3 because the glowplug loom was in backwards , so i changed all 4 glowplugs to the 5 volt metal ones after tring a set of 7volt metal ones, both starting results were still terrible in cold mornings , like under 10 degrees C.

ok so i got the dongle thing and setup an old laptop with windows 7 just for this with the mpps software and titanium, all good as i was not using it for anything anyway.
As i have just replaced my ECU and i still had the old one which still has problems, so before i messed up anything that was working i plugged in the old ecu because i can still communicate with it , so to test the software and not brick my working ecu, read the rom from the ECU , yep all good , identified that its 809 version , ok all good , downloaded the stock 809 rom from here and upload to the old ecu , all ok and then checked to see that the rom on the ecu had changed , everything was good so i was happy to proceed to the working ecu, having established that it all seems to be working.

Swap the working ECU back into the car , read the rom ( created my backup also is the 809 version ) , then out of interest to see if the stock rom would be any noticeable difference in performance or glow plug cold engine start, i uploaded the said "stock 809" from the first or second post in this thread .

so on going for a drive it was slower off the mark , seemed to have significantly less power , started about the same so didn't help with glow plug cold starting issue at all , but what did happen was odd about 20mins into a drive to pickup some parts the car just had no exceleration at all, put my foot down and nothing it was still going but not accelerating at all never did this on the other rom map, I think there's something wrong with the 809 stock rom posted here ! , i restored my old rom to the ecu and performance instantly was 100% better and acceleration was restored , thought this is kinda weird it was definately the stock 809 map causing issues.

I wonder if anyone that understands titanium would be able to look at my rom from the ecu and see how different it is to the stock 809 rom as it certainly drives different and may be helpful to others that want a better performing rom map.

all i really want to change is the glowplug settings , im pretty happy with the torque but wont complain for small improvements .

So few questions .
1. Have the glow plug voltage and duration locations been identified 100% so they can be changed to increase the time that the glow plugs activate , im running the 5v metal plugs but it starts like doo doo on a cold morning compared to the 7v ceramics that were in it before, I have a 40mhz dual trace oscilloscope i can look to see if there is any difference with, unfortunately its not digital so i cant record ( making it harder ), but perhaps i could see if i can change the voltage or pulse width or duration in the software, and changes to these would give me the result im looking for which is slightly more heat in the plugs at startup.

lastly can you change the VIN number in the ecu with this dongle ? i had to change the , ignition key and the skim and the ECU together to get it working.

thanks .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

baalsjeep wrote:
First of all thanks to all the interesting and informative contributions in this thread its a really interesting read.

I thought it may be of benefit to me to try a different map or to restore my old map from my dead ecu ( thats how i bought the car with dead ecu ) , for the desired result of better starting with the 5v metal glow plugs, the thought being that i may have older map on the new ecu not updated for the metal glow plugs, the ceramic 7volt ones were still in it when i bought the car last year but number 2 plug had been replaced with a 11v metal one and the actual one that was faulty was still in no 3 because the glowplug loom was in backwards , so i changed all 4 glowplugs to the 5 volt metal ones after tring a set of 7volt metal ones, both starting results were still terrible in cold mornings , like under 10 degrees C.

ok so i got the dongle thing and setup an old laptop with windows 7 just for this with the mpps software and titanium, all good as i was not using it for anything anyway.
As i have just replaced my ECU and i still had the old one which still has problems, so before i messed up anything that was working i plugged in the old ecu because i can still communicate with it , so to test the software and not brick my working ecu, read the rom from the ECU , yep all good , identified that its 809 version , ok all good , downloaded the stock 809 rom from here and upload to the old ecu , all ok and then checked to see that the rom on the ecu had changed , everything was good so i was happy to proceed to the working ecu, having established that it all seems to be working.

Swap the working ECU back into the car , read the rom ( created my backup also is the 809 version ) , then out of interest to see if the stock rom would be any noticeable difference in performance or glow plug cold engine start, i uploaded the said "stock 809" from the first or second post in this thread .

so on going for a drive it was slower off the mark , seemed to have significantly less power , started about the same so didn't help with glow plug cold starting issue at all , but what did happen was odd about 20mins into a drive to pickup some parts the car just had no exceleration at all, put my foot down and nothing it was still going but not accelerating at all never did this on the other rom map, I think there's something wrong with the 809 stock rom posted here ! , i restored my old rom to the ecu and performance instantly was 100% better and acceleration was restored , thought this is kinda weird it was definately the stock 809 map causing issues.

I wonder if anyone that understands titanium would be able to look at my rom from the ecu and see how different it is to the stock 809 rom as it certainly drives different and may be helpful to others that want a better performing rom map.

all i really want to change is the glowplug settings , im pretty happy with the torque but wont complain for small improvements .

So few questions .
1. Have the glow plug voltage and duration locations been identified 100% so they can be changed to increase the time that the glow plugs activate , im running the 5v metal plugs but it starts like doo doo on a cold morning compared to the 7v ceramics that were in it before, I have a 40mhz dual trace oscilloscope i can look to see if there is any difference with, unfortunately its not digital so i cant record ( making it harder ), but perhaps i could see if i can change the voltage or pulse width or duration in the software, and changes to these would give me the result im looking for which is slightly more heat in the plugs at startup.

lastly can you change the VIN number in the ecu with this dongle ? i had to change the , ignition key and the skim and the ECU together to get it working.

thanks .

if you want I take a look at your original , maybe it's allready tuned ? , with mpps you can't write te Eeprom whre vin and other code is stored , I can change the glow plug management at your need's , voltage , time, glow lamp time , but is not for free and I do not share ths info , I have studied and do many test to find it , is not a "simple power increase"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi.
I'm having underboost fault code and it seems that egr is not closing.
So I was looking for egr delete but it seems that 1037375601 SW is not available on first page.
Anyone? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:55 pm 

kippari wrote:
Hi.
I'm having underboost fault code and it seems that egr is not closing.
So I was looking for egr delete but it seems that 1037375601 SW is not available on first page.
Anyone? Thanks.

Contact "Yeti" on this forum, he does custom tunes for these vehicles. Some of the tunes on the first page of this thread were done by him.
PM or email.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm planning to buy the cable and try some tunes. But I don't know if the tunes posted are compatible with a manual transmission.
Pls help [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I can't think of a reason why they would not work.

The trans functions are controlled by a separate module from the ECM functions.

GDE makes trans tunes, but these are for the Automatic Transmissions.

With manual transmissions, the TCM is located between the ears of the driver. The ability to re-program it varies greatly.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
I can't think of a reason why they would not work.

The trans functions are controlled by a separate module from the ECM functions.

GDE makes trans tunes, but these are for the Automatic Transmissions.

With manual transmissions, the TCM is located between the ears of the driver. The ability to re-program it varies greatly.
Nice, thanks you [OK HAND SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

an automatic transmission tune have a cut in the torque and hp on the high gear that a manual transmission haven't plus if you load a wrong file number for the ecu hw number you can put the ecu for stop the door in your house ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello,

I've recently acquired my sisters 2006 Jeep Cherokee 2.8crd, it has the engine management light on (code P0610) and I want to delete the EGR.

MPPS read the following:

I tried to write the following file to the ECU but to no avail, I guess 602 and 603 are not compatible?:

Sir Sam's 603 EGR/FCV/P0610 delete - stock, link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ohx9puwnux6a ... e.bin?dl=0

Does anyone have a 602 EGR delete file please?

Kind regards,

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:06 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi guys!

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7CRD (2002- European), I need firmware with disabled EGR and FCV.

In this topic, is there a prepared firmware?

Or will one of you be able to prepare my firmware?

I would really appreciate any help.

P.S.

If anything - sorry!

- I use a translator.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

yuri.skoreiko wrote:
Hi guys!

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7CRD (2002- European), I need firmware with disabled EGR and FCV.

In this topic, is there a prepared firmware?

Or will one of you be able to prepare my firmware?

I would really appreciate any help.

P.S.

If anything - sorry!

- I use a translator.

I can do it , contact me in PM

Marco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

Elchiefo wrote:
Hello,

I've recently acquired my sisters 2006 Jeep Cherokee 2.8crd, it has the engine management light on (code P0610) and I want to delete the EGR.

MPPS read the following:

I tried to write the following file to the ECU but to no avail, I guess 602 and 603 are not compatible?:

Sir Sam's 603 EGR/FCV/P0610 delete - stock, link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ohx9puwnux6a ... e.bin?dl=0

Does anyone have a 602 EGR delete file please?

Kind regards,

guys ..........is not direc to you Elchiefo but with all people.....if you write the wrong binary file the car no start and probably you are able to write the stock tune , but some time .....it depend of what software you have and what software you write .......you block the ECU and the only way to rewrite is to open it ad write with other tools at the bench

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 93  Next