It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best Brake Pads
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:10 am 
LOST Newbie

k9adv wrote:
I have read good things about the Raybestos EHT "Element3" hybrid metallic-ceramic pads, and they have a GG friction/fade pad rating http://faculty.ccbcmd.edu/~smacadof/DOTPadCodes.htm

Anyone use them?

I am thinking of using those with either of Raybestos' Advance Tech rotors, or their R-300 rotors.

Yes. Just installed a set on the front of my kJ with premium rotors (non cross drilled/slotted). Previous was oem pads and rotors which sucked... felt dangerously under powered. Now, they bite pretty good initially but have lots of power to muscle the kJ down. 200% improvement and still breaking them in... keep getting better and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

BugginKJ wrote:
That's also the same answer I got from NAPA. I wonder why the flopping around on braking material being used? I do know my 07 has what seems to be semi mettalic based on the feel and my past experience with them déménageur Villeurbanne. Have you ever heard of a semi mettalic ceramic blend material?

Maybe it was Chinese parts and should be replaced. Chinese coins are prone to premature wear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:01 am 
LOST Junkie

Sandraux11 wrote:
BugginKJ wrote:
That's also the same answer I got from NAPA. I wonder why the flopping around on braking material being used? I do know my 07 has what seems to be semi mettalic based on the feel and my past experience with them déménageur Villeurbanne. Have you ever heard of a semi mettalic ceramic blend material?

Maybe it was Chinese parts and should be replaced. Chinese coins are prone to premature wear.

Made from Chinesium, used in all sorts of products, short shelf life, poor mechanical properties, inconsistent composition.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:13 am 
LOST Newbie

logom wrote:
x2 on this. I need rotors as well. No more cheap brake parts for me. Which manufacturers are best?

I always use the mopar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:15 am 
LOST Newbie

Sandraux11 wrote:
BugginKJ wrote:

most of the accessories and car parts are from China. I don't think it has anything to do if it's from China or not. Even if it is from China you just have to find a good and quality one

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've been using factory mopar https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/2amv3701aa.html since I bought mine at the dealership and honestly no problems at all!