It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding OEM subwoofer option to a 2012 KK
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a Liberty KK that did not originally have the OEM subwoofer. (I don't want to do an aftermarket sub.)

I bought a new OEM subwoofer for a reasonable price and and also found the rear quarter body panel with the sub pocket from a scrapyard. I removed the body panel to install assuming from a previous USB port adapter install that the connector for the sub woofer to plug into would be on the uConnect module behind the rear quarter panel. I was wrong.

Does anyone with the factory subwoofer know if there is a separate amp involved and how it connects? Maybe a model number I can google with etc. ?

Thanks for any help. I have searched and it doesn't look like people have done what I do - or at least have not written about it.

Post subject: Re: Adding OEM subwoofer option to a 2012 KK
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If your rig did not have an OEM sub and amp, then it won't work.
Jeep will not program it into the computers so it can work. They say that only corp can change the build list, IE what modules can be programmed into the computers for your build. Corp refused to update a build if they did not do the install. Then to top it off, the wires are not there to support the Amp. So you would have to buy a new body harness, buy the sub and Amp from Jeep, then have Jeep do the install, then have it programmed into the system...
You get the drift.
Can't be done. Not that I have not tried....
I built everything, inc. wire harness, got it all installed, but nope, they won't program the computers to make it work...

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Post subject: Re: Adding OEM subwoofer option to a 2012 KK
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

There are plenty of good sub makers out there that will still fit in that panel. I recommend JL audio. They make high end quality subs and has always been my go to company for sound! They make short mag subs for fitting tight places. Only down side is you will have to replace the headunit to make it work. Im thinking of replacing my radio with a newer touch screen head and putting a JL in place of the Infinity sub in there myself!