It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Sam's CRD Noob Guide:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am 

Vards wrote:
2011+ MAP sensorHi all, anyone here from euro/aus/sa that does operator maintenance on their 2011+ CRD? The manifold/egr side is different from the noob guide and I cant find the MAP sensor. I’ve cleaned another sensor that looks like the map sensor but its not on the manifold its on the intake pipe.

That picture definitely looks like the "MAP" sensor!

Certainly an interesting location that makes a lot of sense. Located in the boost line before EGR injection and would not be affected by engine heat flux. :shock:
My wheels are turning, maybe relocate our MAP sensors to a similar location away from engine flux heat on our US CRD's, benefits? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:47 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Try cross-referencing the part number from the other side?

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:33 am 
LOST Newbie

from what I could find it seems to be the intake temp sensor not the MAP sensor. Still no luck finding the MAP sensor!

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

New 2006 CRD owner. Perfect guide! Still have questions but will post elsewhere in the forums.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:41 am 
LOST Newbie

Going to look at a high mileage (230k) "05 CRD tomorrow, this guide was very helpfull and gives me a good idea
of what to look for. Not a total diesel noob, I've been running with VW TDIs for the last 6 years.
The specifics of this thread are much appreciated.

Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

towing package
stock limited slip differential.
Green DieselEngineering Eco Tune
EGR delete
Mishimoto silicone turbo charge hoses
Carter In Tank fuel lift pump
Upgraded Fuel Filter Head 68043089AA
Sasquatch ProVent kit
MANN ProVent 200 Oil Separator Housing & Element

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

http://colorado4wheel.com/images/misc/noobguide.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi everyone. Been a CRD owner for a few years and loving this Jeep. Thanks for this guide, very helpful. Changed my oils and filters, cleaned my MAP sensor, did the ORM and the EHM and changed the turbo hoses. I can feel the difference. Now the next steps are EGR delete kit stage 1+2 and changing the timing belt. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of good instructions for the EGR delete. I'm a self taught mechanic, every thing I know is from youtube and forums and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to perform this correctly. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:16 pm 

DizzyDiesel wrote:
Hi everyone. Been a CRD owner for a few years and loving this Jeep. Thanks for this guide, very helpful. Changed my oils and filters, cleaned my MAP sensor, did the ORM and the EHM and changed the turbo hoses. I can feel the difference. Now the next steps are EGR delete kit stage 1+2 and changing the timing belt. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of good instructions for the EGR delete. I'm a self taught mechanic, every thing I know is from youtube and forums and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to perform this correctly. Thanks in advance.

EHM is bad, the CCV system on this engine requires the vacuum from the turbo suction to function properly.
See this thread, kinda long, but very informative:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80491
Most install a ProVent 200 filter to capture and separate any liquids coming out of the vapors from the CCV system before they enter the turbo inlet.

EGR removal.
Total EGR removal kits are available on eBay:> https://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-FCV-Delete ... SwdAleb0Mv

After EGR removal, free DIY tunes are available on the DIY ECM Flash thread on LOST @:> viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418
Reflashing with the CORRECT tune for your vehicle's ECM software version will get rid of the DTC (check engine light) that is set when the EGR & FCV are unplugged and totally removed.
:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
EHM is bad, the CCV system on this engine requires the vacuum from the turbo suction to function properly.
See this thread, kinda long, but very informative:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80491
Most install a ProVent 200 filter to capture and separate any liquids coming out of the vapors from the CCV system before they enter the turbo inlet.

EGR removal.
Total EGR removal kits are available on eBay:> https://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-FCV-Delete ... SwdAleb0Mv

After EGR removal, free DIY tunes are available on the DIY ECM Flash thread on LOST @:> viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418
Reflashing with the CORRECT tune for your vehicle's ECM software version will get rid of the DTC (check engine light) that is set when the EGR & FCV are unplugged and totally removed.

Hi WWDiesel, thanks for the response.

I read a few pages of the thread you mentioned (it is kinda long indeed :-)r but will finish it soon) and now I know the provent is needed to keep the vacuum. Thanks for that, my mind was set on keep the EHM for budget purposes. I'm was going with the EHM because I was waiting for my EGR delete kit (Just got it in the mail :mrgreen: ) and wanted to reduce soot as soon as possible, also all provent kits seem to be out of stock for now, I can only find the oil separator can (maybe I could use custom hoses while I wait for the catch can kit to come back). So now I have my delete kit and my MPPS cable with the software installed and I read the ECU file in notepad to know the correct tunes(808 EGR delete tune already downloaded and was wondering if it could be applied before the actual deletion). I'm ready to do the installation and was looking for an how-to to be sure I get everything right. This will be my first time doing this and will probably have a good mechanic friend with me but I would really like to understand where I'm going with this and know this stuff for myself and others to share with. Do you know if there is already a thread with instructions that I did not find in here? I read that they used to come with the week's kit but the one I got on ebay did not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:30 pm 

DizzyDiesel wrote:
Hi WWDiesel, thanks for the response.
I read a few pages of the thread you mentioned (it is kinda long indeed :-)r but will finish it soon) and now I know the provent is needed to keep the vacuum. Thanks for that, my mind was set on keep the EHM for budget purposes. I'm was going with the EHM because I was waiting for my EGR delete kit (Just got it in the mail :mrgreen: ) and wanted to reduce soot as soon as possible, also all provent kits seem to be out of stock for now, I can only find the oil separator can (maybe I could use custom hoses while I wait for the catch can kit to come back). So now I have my delete kit and my MPPS cable with the software installed and I read the ECU file in notepad to know the correct tunes(808 EGR delete tune already downloaded and was wondering if it could be applied before the actual deletion). I'm ready to do the installation and was looking for an how-to to be sure I get everything right. This will be my first time doing this and will probably have a good mechanic friend with me but I would really like to understand where I'm going with this and know this stuff for myself and others to share with. Do you know if there is already a thread with instructions that I did not find in here? I read that they used to come with the week's kit but the one I got on ebay did not.

IDParts has the ProVent available:> https://www.idparts.com/mann-provent-39 ... -2334.html
Sasquatch Parts has the ProVent available and has a complete kit with silicone hoses and mounting bracket in stock:> https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/vehicle ... vent-kits/

This is a YouTube video that covers EGR removal. There are several more if you search.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPkg8osDlNw

IF you have questions or need advice, just ask. Plenty of help on LOST! :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Both IDparts and Sasquatch only have the ProVent can, not the installation kit. They are out of stock on that. Do you know of a thread that could help me install the can without it?

This is the kit I got.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stage-1-2-EGR-FCV-Delete-Full-Kit-for-2005-06-Jeep-Liberty-2-8L-Turbo-Diesel-CRD/193384579235?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Is it complete like the one Sasquatch used to sell?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:03 am 

DizzyDiesel wrote:
Both IDparts and Sasquatch only have the ProVent can, not the installation kit. They are out of stock on that. Do you know of a thread that could help me install the can without it?
This is the kit I got.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stage-1-2-EGR-FCV-Delete-Full-Kit-for-2005-06-Jeep-Liberty-2-8L-Turbo-Diesel-CRD/193384579235?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Is it complete like the one Sasquatch used to sell?

Does this help?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83541

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:27 am 
LOST Newbie

Yes it does! Thank you!

If you you know of one like that with EGR delete procedure that would be a great help also. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

New Liberty owner and first CRD. Just purchased a 90k, one owner 2006 Sport. Taking care of maintenance items and need to get the turbo rebuilt. The previous owner was an elderly gentleman who I'm guessing drove this CRD around town under the speed limit and never really pushed it to give it the 'Italian Tune Up." Although the PO was reluctant to share any maintenance records, the CarFax showed that he took it to the dealership on every required service interval.

Anyway, looking forward to keeping this CRD for a long time. Just crossing fingers that this Liberty will hang on. :shock:

SAMCO Silicone Inlet and Intercooler Hoses
Sasquatch MANN Provent Kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14