It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:13 pm 

ault03 wrote:
SOLVED.........
Look at your cable if it reads usb interface it will not read I did it bought the cheap one connected it to my computer did the driver update and it would read battery voltage but nothing else, when I clicked read ecu it would say not detected... so I went on eBay looked and came across one that said “chip tuning” it was 33 bucks but I took the leap and guess what she works.... if you buy the one that has usb interface it will not work even though it did say reads and writes in the description, it did in fact do nothing.... So when purchasing the cable make sure it says “chip tuning” that was the fix for me got it all tuned.... link below
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4478048655

Glad you got it figured out! This is good information to know going forward in case someone else runs into the same issue. :rockon:
Just goes to prove not all MPPS cables are made the same. :shock:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just bricked the ecm... I bumped the key during rewrite.. Don’t do that... :banghead:
I found some nearby my 2006 doesn’t match the part numbers at the yard but they are 2006 ecm’ did read in another thread that so long as they were 2006 they would match is that true?
Also if I were to find a matching part number would the file match my 808?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Vmcrdrod wrote:
Just bricked the ecm... I bumped the key during rewrite.. Don’t do that... :banghead:
I found some nearby my 2006 doesn’t match the part numbers at the yard but they are 2006 ecm’ did read in another thread that so long as they were 2006 they would match is that true?
Also if I were to find a matching part number would the file match my 808?

Control modules are sent back to the manufacturers all of the time for being faulty, and its actually just a software problem.
I bet GDE or (God forbid) a dealer could likely get it working again...
I worked for a company that paid for company training (Bachmann) for many of their commissioners specifically because of this problem.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok that’s good to hear the yard confirmed they had one that matched but vin and injectors would need to be programmed.
Question does green diesel do business in any capacity anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Vmcrdrod wrote:
Ok that’s good to hear the yard confirmed they had one that matched but vin and injectors would need to be programmed.
Question does green diesel do business in any capacity anymore?

I think so, and they wont have any trouble loading a factory tune.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

If I find a exact part number are the tune files the same as well? I know vin and injectors need to be programed but like the original is 808 will the exact part number have an 808?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:44 pm 
LOST Addict

Vmcrdrod wrote:
If I find a exact part number are the tune files the same as well? I know vin and injectors need to be programed but like the original is 808 will the exact part number have an 808?

I'm fairly sure that the answer is no

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey y'all, just read my stock file and it is a 512. Wondering if anyone has a tune for it, or can make one as couldn't find it anywhere in this thread. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:41 pm 

rwiebe_180 wrote:
Hey y'all, just read my stock file and it is a 512. Wondering if anyone has a tune for it, or can make one as couldn't find it anywhere in this thread. Thanks!

Contact Yeti (Marco) on this forum.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Just bought my first 05 crd. Deleted and removed all egr, fcv, vented crankcase into catch can instead of turbo. cat and muffler. Attempting to tune and I came up with 1037512032p_399430. I'm assuming 032 is the tune I'm looking for. And did not see one in the forum. What are my options?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:49 pm 

Zschweitzer wrote:
Just bought my first 05 crd. Deleted and removed all egr, fcv, vented crankcase into catch can instead of turbo. cat and muffler. Attempting to tune and I came up with 1037512032p_399430. I'm assuming 032 is the tune I'm looking for. And did not see one in the forum. What are my options?

Same as some others: Contact Yeti (Marco) on this forum.

As to venting the CCV into a catch can, it's a real bad move, the CCV requires the suction from the turbo inlet to function properly.
Most install a ProVent 200 by Mann which catches most all of the liquids but still allows the CCV to be connected to the turbo inlet for the suction.
See this thread to understand:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80491
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83541&p=912411#p912411

All your other mods are excellent, your engine will thank you for them. :BANANA:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Got it to write on the first ecm just had to keep trying. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

ault03 wrote:
SOLVED.........

Look at your cable if it reads usb interface it will not read I did it bought the cheap one ..

What was the cheap one that you bought the first time around? No judgement :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Guys, please turn off the EGR and FCV, for the Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD, for me and for everyone - for free!

Original Flash: https://dropmefiles.com/Bz67N

Thanks!

Last edited by yuri.skoreiko on Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:12 am 
LOST Junkie

yuri.skoreiko wrote:
Guys, please turn off the EGR and FCV, for the Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7CRD, for me and for everyone - for free!
Original Flash: https://dropmefiles.com/IGb0s
Thanks!

This is from a WJ?
You pulled it with MPPS?
I'll add it to the first page.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
yuri.skoreiko wrote:
Guys, please turn off the EGR and FCV, for the Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7CRD, for me and for everyone - for free!
Original Flash: https://dropmefiles.com/IGb0s
Thanks!

This is from a WJ?
You pulled it with MPPS?
I'll add it to the first page.

Yes, I have: WJ

I did with: MPPS

Guys, please respond to my request.

I am not a mechanic, and I am not going to use your work for enrichment.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:46 pm 
LOST Junkie

yuri.skoreiko wrote:
Thanks.

Well, hopefully I have highlighted your request enough for people to notice it.

Is your Grand Cherokee a 2004?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
yuri.skoreiko wrote:
Thanks.

Well, hopefully I have highlighted your request enough for people to notice it.

Is your Grand Cherokee a 2004?

2002 - European

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:51 pm 
LOST Member

I dragged my feet too long. :cry:

So now that GDE isn't able to sell their tune in the US anymore, I'm trying to figure out how to get some of the features they have worked so hard to figure out and provide some other way. :?

I tow an Airstream, so GDE's "Performance is increased along with a broader torque curve for improved towing capability" was definitely something high on my list. I was also looking forward to the linear gas gauge, since the stock gauge makes it look like you've got plenty of gas until, oh, guess what... you're almost empty!

I usually run one of the mild tunes from this thread during daily driving, but then switch back to "stock with EGR/FCV delete" when I tow (towing, I get TC shudder with any of the "performance upgrade tunes" provided here). I am hoping upgrading my TC to the Suncoast or euro TC will eliminate that shudder in the future, but that's not in the budget at the moment.

GDE tune lists other features as "Low rpm throttle response is more reactive" and "less use of viscous heater, exhaust temps are reduced." I'm wondering if any of that is included in the tunes provided here. It would be fantastic if the tunes in the first post included a run down of what has been modified for each. I know that would include a lot of extra work for people who've already been really generous with their time and tunes, so I'm not sure how to best facilitate that. I'd be happy to help with the typing (annotating the mods for each tune), but someone would still have to provide the information, so I'm not sure how much simply typing would help lessen the work load.

Anyway... the GDE improved mileage would be nice as well, but the linear fuel gauge and towing performance are really the "necessities" I'm after at the moment.

Thoughts?

Thanks again to all who've provided so much information and the actual tunes in this thread.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:43 pm 
LOST Addict

kidjedi wrote:
I dragged my feet too long. :cry:

So now that GDE isn't able to sell their tune in the US anymore, I'm trying to figure out how to get some of the features they have worked so hard to figure out and provide some other way. :?

I tow an Airstream, so GDE's "Performance is increased along with a broader torque curve for improved towing capability" was definitely something high on my list. I was also looking forward to the linear gas gauge, since the stock gauge makes it look like you've got plenty of gas until, oh, guess what... you're almost empty!

I usually run one of the mild tunes from this thread during daily driving, but then switch back to "stock with EGR/FCV delete" when I tow (towing, I get TC shudder with any of the "performance upgrade tunes" provided here). I am hoping upgrading my TC to the Suncoast or euro TC will eliminate that shudder in the future, but that's not in the budget at the moment.

GDE tune lists other features as "Low rpm throttle response is more reactive" and "less use of viscous heater, exhaust temps are reduced." I'm wondering if any of that is included in the tunes provided here. It would be fantastic if the tunes in the first post included a run down of what has been modified for each. I know that would include a lot of extra work for people who've already been really generous with their time and tunes, so I'm not sure how to best facilitate that. I'd be happy to help with the typing (annotating the mods for each tune), but someone would still have to provide the information, so I'm not sure how much simply typing would help lessen the work load.

Anyway... the GDE improved mileage would be nice as well, but the linear fuel gauge and towing performance are really the "necessities" I'm after at the moment.

Thoughts?

Thanks again to all who've provided so much information and the actual tunes in this thread.

Looks like you are in CO? I think you will find that the GDE tunes don't offer a whole lot more power than stock at your altitude. The ECU has boost and fueling limiters built in based on altitude to prevent overheating and overspeeding the turbo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 93  Next