It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:16 pm 

Peachy wrote:
Hi all. Firstly thanks for this post, really helpful.

So I followed the instructions and loaded the flash but the check light stays on. It shows, through a freebie checker a P1104 error, which I believe is the FCV. Should the CEL go out as soon as I flash the ECU?

Have you tried clearing the codes?

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:05 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi Yes I tried clearing them.
I also read on here that some of the flashes don't remove the code. Does anyone know where to get the flash, or how to modify the flash(although I have zero understanding of hex) to turn the CEL off

Thanks

My flash file was 513

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:54 pm 

Peachy wrote:
Hi Yes I tried clearing them.
I also read on here that some of the flashes don't remove the code. Does anyone know where to get the flash, or how to modify the flash(although I have zero understanding of hex) to turn the CEL off
Thanks
My flash file was 513

Which file did you install?
The only 513 file listed on the first page of this DIY thread is: HrastProgrammer's 513 EGR/FCV delete - stock
It says EGR/FCV delete.

You can always contact Yeti (email or PM Marco) on this forum for a custom tune. Much easier and safer than trying to figure out how to do it yourself. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks I will try that. I didn't want to bombard if you know what I mean

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:06 pm 
LOST Member

Well I got the flash installed yesterday and I’m quite happy! I got nicks stage 2 with deletes and sure enough it killed my pesky CEL! Car seems to run smoother, less smelly, more power. However I did experience the dreaded TC shudder twice on the highway. I’ve read about the suncoast TC and the “euro spec” tc whatever that means. Is there any other options? Would fluid additives help? I’ve had success with a product called dr tranny instant shudder fix before on other vehicles. If I’m destined to get a new TC then I want a good one, is the suncoast the best option? They call them suntoast in some circles so...

Also, is there anything that can tighten up the shifting on it? Shift kit?
Also also, I’ve noticed when downshifting that it seems a little harsh going into gear and it even delays a few seconds. Am I not supposed to downshift for descending? As a lifelong automatic trans avoider, I tend to want to shift them even when I don’t need to. At the very least for steep hills coming down.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,
Future; rear bumper, true tracs, tank fuel pump, webasto heater, 5sp manual

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:27 pm 

SunCoast TC is one of the very best, but it is not cheap.
There are some cheaper options that some have posted they had good success with.
Hopefully they will chime in and offer their opinions.
Some Numbers wrote:
Stock Mopar OEM TC is rated for 300 ft. lbs. max (406 Nm)
Mopar Euro TC is rated for 400 ft. lbs. max (~ 542 Nm)
Hemi TC is rated for? (supposedly better than Euro, have not found a rating for it)
Suncoast CRD-1ES TC is rated for 600 ft. lbs. max (813 Nm)

If you pull the tranny to replace the torque converter, be sure and replace the front pump assembly in the transmission with the updated version while you got it out.
Most also install the TransGo Kit while they got it out to improve shift firmness and increase line pressure which helps with TC clutch lockup.

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:14 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
There are some cheaper options that some have posted they had good success with.
Some Numbers wrote:
Hemi TC is rated for? (supposedly better than Euro, have not found a rating for it)

If you pull the tranny to replace the torque converter, be sure and replace the front pump assembly in the transmission with the updated version while you got it out.
Most also install the TransGo Kit while they got it out to improve shift firmness and increase line pressure which helps with TC clutch lockup.

So what I’m reading is that the transgo kit has update parts for the front pump that eliminates the need to replace the pump, is that what you’re understanding is also? I don’t know which pump I have to be clear, I’m only assuming it has not been updated.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:01 pm 

Jett wrote:
So what I’m reading is that the transgo kit has update parts for the front pump that eliminates the need to replace the pump, is that what you’re understanding is also? I don’t know which pump I have to be clear, I’m only assuming it has not been updated.

The TransGo Kit raises line pressure to help firm up the shifts and helps with adding additional holding force on the lockup clutches in the torque converter.
It is recommended to replace the front pump assembly with the newer updated version. Read why below*1
The front pump has some small plungers and bores in the housing that wear out with age and can become problematic. A TransGo Kit does not solve all the wear issues.

*1 wrote:
Transmission front pump 68009879AB (RL009879AE)
Severe wear of the TC limit valve bore in the front pump housing results in loss of converter release oil pressure. Reduced release pressure at low speed and idle can drag the converter linings, causing engine surge, pulsation or stall.
The torque converter limit valve spring in the 45RFE, 545RFE front pump can often break. This valve limits converter release pressure. A broken spring can cause the valve to become stuck and result in converter clutch release issues including engine stalls at low speeds.
Chrysler vehicles equipped with 45RFE, 545RFE and 68RFE transmissions often experience TCC related troubles. These may or may not include trouble codes accompanied by TC clutch slip, no lockup, overheating and / or loss of fuel economy. In some cases, the TC clutches may be unable to release TC lockup, resulting in improper lockup functions and / or complete engine stalling. Problems such as these can be caused by excess wear in the TCC switch valve bore, which allows vital control pressure to escape the circuit. Replacing the complete transmission oil pump assembly with a new updated assembly or reconditioning the bores with the proper tools and installing an oversized TCC switch valve kit can restore crucial clearances for renewed TCC control and operation.

Exploded View of Front Pump in 545RFE

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

Last edited by WWDiesel on Mon May 11, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

Jett wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
Some Numbers wrote:

Change the pump. New pump has a different seal. Old seal is not available. If you have the old pump and the seal goes, you will have to drop the transmission again.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:41 pm 
LOST Member

Cool thanks. I’ll be diving into this sooner than later I’m guessing. Is there a Haynes manual or something that would ease that process for me? Seems as though there is for the gasser but I haven’t seen one that includes diesel option.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:52 pm 

Jett wrote:
Cool thanks. I’ll be diving into this sooner than later I’m guessing. Is there a Haynes manual or something that would ease that process for me? Seems as though there is for the gasser but I haven’t seen one that includes diesel option.

Go to this link:> Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ/
Factory Service manuals which includes diesel engine.
You can download the pdf file and keep it for future reference from this site.
If you have questions just ask, lots of very knowledgeable and willing to help members on this forum.
You can also search LOST site as most topics have been discussed before at one time or another. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:18 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
Jett wrote:

Go to this link:> Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ/
Factory Service manuals which includes diesel engine.
You can download the pdf file and keep it for future reference from this site.
If you have questions just ask, lots of very knowledgeable and willing to help members on this forum.
You can also search LOST site as most topics have been discussed before at one time or another. :wink:

Awesome thanks. Yes I’ve searched a few things lol. I guess that was just being lazy.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 am 
LOST Member

Do we have access to the tire size settings in the ecu with these programs? I’m looking to improve my shifting by altering the perceived tire size in the brain.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:45 pm 

Jett wrote:
Do we have access to the tire size settings in the ecu with these programs? I’m looking to improve my shifting by altering the perceived tire size in the brain.
No, tunes do not give you access to change that.
Only a DRBIII or SnapOn Verus or similar high end scanner allows you to change tire size settings.

But I do not believe changing tire size will alter transmission shift points. The TCM is looking at engine speed and transmission output shaft speed to determine shift points.
It is my understanding tire size selection only affects speedometer input.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello, I just read my ECU and I see that I have version 813.
There is no Tune for this version?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:42 pm 

integrale wrote:
Hello, I just read my ECU and I see that I have version 813.
There is no Tune for this version?

Contact (PM or eMail) "Yeti" on this forum, he can provide you with whatever you need. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've tried unsuccessfully twice to reflash using Dez's 035 stock tune but it doesn't remove the
EGR insufficiency flow fault.

Does anyone have any guidance or suggestions. Everything seemed to go fine otherwise.
Thank you for this great guide.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've got an 06 with the GDE Hot Tune. Can I use this to download that tune and install it on my 05 offroad build???

Provent
Suncoast TC
Weeks Stage 2
3.7 airbox
5v bosch glow plugs
3" RRO lift/JBA upper A-arms
Steel roof rails/rack
Toyo Open Country ATIII 245/75r16
RRO kicker sliders
ARB lockers
Beefier brakes
NEXT ON THE LIST...
ARB Front bumper
WAM rear bumper
Skid plates

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

know this has been hashed over many times but I am needing a program for the egr delete on my 2006 crd. My software version is 1037377526P53362K4. I could not find one on DIY ECU Flash. Does anyone have they would be will to share? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:10 pm 

rob9074 wrote:
know this has been hashed over many times but I am needing a program for the egr delete on my 2006 crd. My software version is 1037377526P53362K4. I could not find one on DIY ECU Flash. Does anyone have they would be will to share? Thanks

Based on the number you shared, yours is a 526 version software.
The only 526 flash listed on the DIY page is:
Greybeast's 526 EGR/FCV delete - stock, link:
Says it is EGR & FCV deleted but stock, no increase in HP or torque.
If you want a custom tune contact/PM Yeti (Marco) on this forum and he can build you one. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 93  Next