It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you now I see it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

With GDE now unavailable to most of us, has anyone made an effort at a mpg improving tune?
Yeti would you be interested?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys,

I converted my 05' crd to manual trans and it is all together except for the clutch position wire. (haven't looked up wiring yet). I just removed my GDE hot tune because they can't get me a manual transmission hot tune (EPA). I spoke with Marco and he needs my factory file to make me a tune. I flashed the truck back to stock today with the GDE tuner and it shows in software menu that I have original tune. I have mpps cable labeled v13 and the software is labeled mpps 13.02. Software version in lower right corner says 12.0.0.6. It sees system voltage but won't read any information from my ecu. When I close the program I get Mpps.exe application error. It says (The instruction at 0x000000000000002D referenced memory at 0x000000000000002D. The memory could not be read.) I thought maybe because the trans module was still plugged in so I disconnected that. Still no change. The cable drivers are installed so it shows up. I am on a current windows 10 version msi stealth pro laptop. Just need some advise. Please help. I want to get this truck back on the road. It's been sitting for a while now and I miss it.

I think I have all the needed information. Ask if you need any other info.

05 CRD Ltd new rockers, lifters, valves, arp's, weeks 1,2 Id silicone hoses full 3" exhaust, Carter intank pump, Hayden/GM fan 4”Lift Jba upper fronts, new front lowers, cut cv’s, bilsteins, 790’s, top plate, 2 conduit nuts, Iron Rock adjustable 3 link, custom diff bracket Jba 4” rear springs 16x8 rubi wheels 265/75 Yoko’s, manual tans/w231

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:33 pm 
LOST Member

JohnnyCRDhead wrote:
Hey guys,

I converted my 05' crd to manual trans and it is all together except for the clutch position wire. (haven't looked up wiring yet). I just removed my GDE hot tune because they can't get me a manual transmission hot tune (EPA). I spoke with Marco and he needs my factory file to make me a tune. I flashed the truck back to stock today with the GDE tuner and it shows in software menu that I have original tune. I have mpps cable labeled v13 and the software is labeled mpps 13.02. Software version in lower right corner says 12.0.0.6. It sees system voltage but won't read any information from my ecu. When I close the program I get Mpps.exe application error. It says (The instruction at 0x000000000000002D referenced memory at 0x000000000000002D. The memory could not be read.) I thought maybe because the trans module was still plugged in so I disconnected that. Still no change. The cable drivers are installed so it shows up. I am on a current windows 10 version msi stealth pro laptop. Just need some advise. Please help. I want to get this truck back on the road. It's been sitting for a while now and I miss it.

Sorry I can’t help with your software issues. Why can’t you keep the gde tune in this application? Also, I’m interested to know how you manual swapped it, which tranny did you choose and what were the challenges? I debated trying to do that but ended up bulletproofing my slush box instead and it’s a lot better than it was but I still struggle with driving autos and with this little sweetie engine a nice 5sp manual would be dreamy.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,
Future; rear bumper, true tracs, tank fuel pump, webasto heater, 5sp manual

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:35 am 
LOST Junkie

BrianUnderwood wrote:
I've got an 06 with the GDE Hot Tune. Can I use this to download that tune and install it on my 05 offroad build???

you can't , without new checksum calculation , and only if you have the sme software number

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:36 am 
LOST Junkie

integrale wrote:
Hello, I just read my ECU and I see that I have version 813.
There is no Tune for this version?

I can do it , but contact me via email

Marco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:39 am 
LOST Junkie

DrDirt wrote:
I've tried unsuccessfully twice to reflash using Dez's 035 stock tune but it doesn't remove the
EGR insufficiency flow fault.

Does anyone have any guidance or suggestions. Everything seemed to go fine otherwise.
Thank you for this great guide.

I can delete the dtc you need ;-)

plz contact me via email , I can't read daily the forum

Marco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:44 am 
LOST Junkie

mike71800b wrote:
With GDE now unavailable to most of us, has anyone made an effort at a mpg improving tune?

with an egr delete and power increase you can gain one km/lt or well 3 mpg , but not more

Marco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:48 am 
LOST Junkie

JohnnyCRDhead wrote:
Hey guys,

it's seem compatibility driver and software problem with win 10 , have you disabled all security request from windows ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
mike71800b wrote:

with an egr delete and power increase you can gain one km/lt or well 3 mpg , but not more

Marco

Yeti
Understood power gain plus mpg gain is limited.
I was thinking something different ... I would like a power decrease *** if *** the timing/fuel/boost mapping can be optimized for better mpg vs better torque.
I don't know enough about the various parameters on these engines to even begin to tinker trying to get mpg vs torque myself. I also understand GDE disabled the pilot injections and we aren't that deep into being able to reprogram that area of the ECM.
I seldom even hit half throttle stock 808 tune with dtc deletes. The 450nm tune would bring in too much tq converter shudder. I could drive around the shudder but the Mrs. could not. The 480nm tune in unuseable with so much shudder its almost impossible to stay out of the shudder zone.
PM me if you would like to play with an mpg tune I'll be glad to test and give some funding for the efforts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Bear with me In new to posting.. Have 2006 with 516 map. Anyone tell me how to save the DTC516.txt, from hrastprogrammer, in WinOLS? Edited in Notepad++ and set the P0101 P0101, P0103 P0102, and P1140 P2142 = 0. When I attempt to import it into a project, after dropping in my original map, which works great, I get EPROM Error - probably a data line was defect? Would really want a hot tune for it as the transmission has the transgo shift kit, Euro TC, and is solid.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:08 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello friends.

Maybe I can help someone ...

I searched for this file before ... and found it!

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD (WJ) {SW: 094-704}

EGR - disabled.

Use it!

Download:

https://dropmefiles.com/hJBxG

Last edited by yuri.skoreiko on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

molson57 wrote:
Bear with me In new to posting.. Have 2006 with 516 map. Anyone tell me how to save the DTC516.txt, from hrastprogrammer, in WinOLS? Edited in Notepad++ and set the P0101 P0101, P0103 P0102, and P1140 P2142 = 0. When I attempt to import it into a project, after dropping in my original map, which works great, I get EPROM Error - probably a data line was defect? Would really want a hot tune for it as the transmission has the transgo shift kit, Euro TC, and is solid.

Thanks!

becuase is not a mappack , follow the addres ans set it to zero

By the way I have sent a pm

Marco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

yuri.skoreiko wrote:
Hello friends.

Maybe I can help someone ...

I searched for this file before ... and found it!

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD (WJ) {FW: 094-704}

EGR - disabled.

Use it!

Download:

https://dropmefiles.com/GJzLa

sincerelly ..... is not KJ related

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

mike71800b wrote:
Yeti wrote:
mike71800b wrote:

Marco

Yeti
I was thinking something different ... I would like a power decrease *** if *** the timing/fuel/boost mapping can be optimized for better mpg vs better torque.
I don't know enough about the various parameters on these engines to even begin to tinker trying to get mpg vs torque myself. I also understand GDE disabled the pilot injections and we aren't that deep into being able to reprogram that area of the ECM.
I seldom even hit half throttle stock 808 tune with dtc deletes. The 450nm tune would bring in too much tq converter shudder. I could drive around the shudder but the Mrs. could not. The 480nm tune in unuseable with so much shudder its almost impossible to stay out of the shudder zone.
PM me if you would like to play with an mpg tune I'll be glad to test and give some funding for the efforts.

Malone Tuning in Canada still does tunes but they are a bit pricey.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a 2006 and just downloaded the GDE ECO tune that is one it. This is the number that shows in wordpad.
1037512035P53363K0

Any idea on what YETI version tune to use? Seems it doesnt elude to one thats in the list.

THanks
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:37 am 
LOST Junkie

mike71800b wrote:
Yeti wrote:
mike71800b wrote:

Marco

Yeti

we can try to play with the start of injection an vgt recalibration for better fuel mileage ,but no lowering the original management do not prouce gain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:41 am 
LOST Junkie

danruesch wrote:
I have a 2006 and just downloaded the GDE ECO tune that is one it. This is the number that shows in wordpad.
1037512035P53363K0

Any idea on what YETI version tune to use? Seems it doesnt elude to one thats in the list.

THanks
Dan

if you want my custom tune , contact mevia email
unforunately/luckily I have no many time for the forum

I make tune for all Jeep crd and tune Nag1 transmission and 545 RFE with NGC4 controller

than I'm little busy :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

You did a great job on my tune! Defiantly notice more power. Too bad it uses more diesel right now because Im having fun getting on it.

The trans tune is something I may explore for my other CRD in the future.

Dan

Yeti wrote:
danruesch wrote:
1037512035P53363K0

THanks
Dan

if you want my custom tune , contact mevia email
unforunately/luckily I have no many time for the forum

I make tune for all Jeep crd and tune Nag1 transmission and 545 RFE with NGC4 controller

than I'm little busy :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

CaptainDean wrote:
Squeeto,

Regarding the originating post of this thread, here are the files from the MPPS V13.02 CD that comes with the MPPS V13 cord and smart connector. They are stored in a folder in Dropbox.com, and here is a link to that folder...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2hj5z74bqgz ... Rjn2a?dl=0

It would be great if you would edit this link into your originating post for this thread. Anyone that cannot find their CD or it won't play, they will be able to use it.

Dean.

Is there a new link for the MPPS program? I can’t find it on the link above.

First Liberty CRD- traded in years ago. Just got my second CRD and it’s in still in great shape.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next