It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The new 'what did you do to your Jeep today?' thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:14 am 

lfhoward wrote:
Casm, you’ve been doing some serious work to whip your KJ into shape. Nice job.

Thanks! With everything that's going on right now, this really isn't a good time for us to be changing vehicles, so I've been taking the approach of just doing what it needs to keep it in good shape for the longer term. Next year I'm going to start looking at lease-return (specifically) 2018 diesel Grand Cherokees, but whether or not a jump to one of those happens is going to be dependent on more factors than just, "we could use something slightly larger".

Quote:
Mine’s been sitting mostly. There are not a lot of places to go during the pandemic, and when I do use it it’s all for local trips to the grocery store. I have been logging about 10-12 mpg these days due to no highway miles.

I hear you, and am in largely the same boat. My consulting business is in a busy period right now (everyone's trying to get their end-of-year wants in before January 1st), but it's been dead since about late March / early April. As a result, I've largely been putting gig economy delivery driver miles on the KJ this year because it's the one thing I can do that fits around the irregular school schedule I also have - so it's all (literally) grocery getter runs around here.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

Post subject: The new 'what did you do to your Jeep today?' thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Okay I’ll chime in. After having my ox locker get stuck engaged, had to readjust the cable on the shifter body. I followed instructions on the shifter kit and originally set the cable for 1/8” beyond shifter housing but for some reason the actuator stopped being able to fully engage the locker while sitting still and would shut off. Then per ox instructions I had to cycle power to the actuator to get it to retract and disengage. After talking with ox they suggested I adjust to either flush with shifter body or 1/16” beyond. After fighting with the thread sealant/locker they suggested to install on the shifter body (bad idea), I went with a flush cable. And for good measure I replaced the diff oil with 2.5 quarts of 75w90 synthetic. Old 90w140 Dino oil came out dark brown and thick with metallic shimmer from diff wear. Engages/disengages very reliably and quickly now and I like how the actuator sounds but still takes just a tad of wheel alignment help (turning very slightly) to get in/out. Maybe after some miles shift collar got gunked up???

Next up: rear drum brake / hardware and all brake line replacement. I was also giving thought to moving the rear axle vent higher. Considering installing a shift kit as well from transgo for 45rfe trans. I might also look into seat cover replacements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:12 am 
LOST Newbie

Installed a new set of fender flares on my 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:09 pm 
LOST Junkie

Can one of you good guys let me know what the kit is for the connections for the fluid lines to the trans cooler.
I think it was mentioned a few weeks ago. Posibly an Oring and some plastic thing like a collet that clips it all together.
Thanks
LB

Post subject: The new 'what did you do to your Jeep today?' thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Refinishing a set of 16” dodge nitro steel wheels to replace my 16” stock alloys. Some rust on the backside so I’m using rustoleum rust remover and rust primer and then hitting it with epoxy primer. Going with 2k satin black and satin clear to finish.

Also just got a detours winch mount that now needs to be installed. And meanwhile, ome lift springs on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:19 am 
LOST Newbie

I washed it, sorry, do not have a photo ;/