It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:39 am 
LOST Addict

Flying J wrote:
Shoot - Oldnavy's well documented posts and apparent success with F37 was one of the reasons I went ahead and scheduled mine. Now I think I might hold off for a few weeks.
Yes it seemed to be sucessful at first, no loss of power, shifting was smooth and pleasent. Now the tranny is clunking between shifts and has failed to move several times when the go pedal was first applied as if tranny was slipping. The Jeep is real peppy and runs like a bat out hades, but tranny is now clunking when shifting from drive to park or from park to reverse and is shifting real hard.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:55 am 
LOST Member

bigiron wrote:
T^2 gave some good suggestions for follow-up questions to the response I received from DCX regarding F37 (see post above). However, the address that the email came from seems generic . Here is the header info for reference:

Subject: Re: DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance (KMM4569276I25261L0KM)
From: "customerassistre" <customerassistre@daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Tue, January 9, 2007 8:03 am

I don't know if replying to this address would do any good or not.

I would suggest that each of you ask questions at the following web address (or just follow the "contact jeep" links from jeep.com and select "customer service" at the appropriate screen):

http://www-5.jeep.com/wccsapp/universal ... category=U

It seems that you will get a prompt response by sending email through this website. In fact, email may even be more powerful than a phone call since they can be easily compliled and forwarded to the "powers that be" by the customer service staff. If enough of us ask questions, maybe we will get some concrete answers.

I would try and reply to the email anyway. I suspect it will get to the right person...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:12 am 
LOST Addict

oldnavy wrote:
KJMedic wrote:
Well I will give you a fact. My fuel mileage went to he11 in a hand basket. And now it feels like it will not pull a string out of a cats stupid. I love my CRD but I don't like the service I am getting from DCX.
Then clean you turbo boost control sensor in the intake and it might leap out from under you. I had the F37 with no difference in power I coiuld tell, however it didn't seem as peppy as it did new even before the F37 and flash upgrades. Now after cleaning the boost sensor, it starts easier, it is a rocket from the moment you slap the peddle down, that said the tranny is headed toward self destruction.

I am somewhat PO'ed that D/C really screwed up with the tranny choise for this vehicle and seems to be waiting for the owners to dump them so they are not out the big bucks of recall or warranty repairs. The wife is wanting to trade the CRD off for a Charger, but the trade value is so low that all the equity we had at purchase time has evaporated and now we would be lucky to get pay off.

That cuts it. They aren't getting their hands on my Jeep for the ball joint or the F37. With solutions like this, their warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I'll get a set of Moog balljoints and have them put on myself. As far as the tranny, I'll get together with my tranny shop and we'll decide on the best aftermarket torque converter and other mods necessary to make it bulletproof. As far as the software, I'll go with InMotion or someone else to reprogram that POS computer if need be. As far as the fuel filter head leaking, I'll yank the sucker off myself and see how it responds to a half tube of J B Weld.

And if they want to scream about voiding the warranty, I'll tell them to take their warranty and 50 cents and go buy themselves a friggin cup of coffee.

If you want it done right, sometimes you have to do it yourself.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:39 am 
LOST Member

oldnavy wrote:
KJMedic wrote:
Old Navy I did that already. Changed the Air Box to a '03, Still no power.
You pulled the boost sensor and cleaned the soot off of it and it made no difference to how it runs?

This is correct.

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:29 am 
LOST Addict

KJMedic wrote:
oldnavy wrote:
KJMedic wrote:
Old Navy I did that already. Changed the Air Box to a '03, Still no power.
You pulled the boost sensor and cleaned the soot off of it and it made no difference to how it runs?

This is correct.
Then something is wrong for sure, as ours runs like it's V8 powered. Just the tranny sounds like it it going to bite the dust before much longer. The Dodge Charger will most likely replace the Jeep this spring. I am about like the wife, I am tired of every time I turn around taking the Jeep in for repairs or recalls.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Back to the top

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:15 pm 
LOST Addict

I have mellowed as it seems to be doing just fine and runs strong. The 50 cetane ULSD may have something to do with the way it is running.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hmmm.....is it just me, or did some posts go missing between January 12 and 24?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:57 am 
LOST Junkie

bigiron wrote:
T^2 gave some good suggestions for follow-up questions to the response I received from DCX regarding F37 (see post above). However, the address that the email came from seems generic . Here is the header info for reference:

Subject: Re: DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance (KMM4569276I25261L0KM)
From: "customerassistre" <customerassistre@daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Tue, January 9, 2007 8:03 am

I don't know if replying to this address would do any good or not.

I would suggest that each of you ask questions at the following web address (or just follow the "contact jeep" links from jeep.com and select "customer service" at the appropriate screen):

http://www-5.jeep.com/wccsapp/universal ... category=U

It seems that you will get a prompt response by sending email through this website. In fact, email may even be more powerful than a phone call since they can be easily compliled and forwarded to the "powers that be" by the customer service staff. If enough of us ask questions, maybe we will get some concrete answers.

I have emailed them and there responce was a joke. A women called me back that sounded like she had a 6th grade education. Ok I am being generouis. They won't answer any questions they just keep saying "ask your dealer they are trained mechanics", they refuse to give you a phone number for the zone office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone Dyno'd before and after yet?

Post subject: before
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 pm 
Biodiesel Enthusiast
Biodiesel Enthusiast

I dyno'd the before (see page 30) but have been putting off getting the F37 done. Eventually I'll probably break down (literally or figuratively) and get the F37.

Once a decent aftermarket TC is out, like Suncoast Converters is working on, I am very likely to get their TC and send the ECM to InMotion to get it reprogrammed. The upside is that the InMotion reprogramming is cheaper than the chip modules I've priced.

Edit: cleaned up links.

L.O.S.T. # 068768
Rock Lizard Skink Sliders, Skid Row tranny skid, Wet Okole seat covers, Black Widow roof basket, front tow hooks, cargo/pet partition, all Amsoil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:41 pm 
LOST Member

I had the F37 recall completed, and the paperwork that I received from the dealer shows:

Perform recall F37. Torque converter and reprogram ecm/tcm
Replace torque converter/reprogram ecm/tcm 2005 21F37182 4.5
Replace torque converter/reprogram ecm/tcm 2006 21F37183 5.4
Replace torque converter (ecm/tcm update done) 21F37184 2.8
Related: repl trans oil pump,filters,a/c cond 21F37151 1.2
Perform required operation to complete recall

Parts CECAF370 converter 21046004

There is no mention of the trans pump,filters,a/c cond as parts, so how do I determine if they really replaced it? It looks like they charge DCX for the time.

OEM Skids and Rails, EVIC, Mr Diesel Fuel Pump
Michelin XTerrains 235/70/16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:56 pm 
LOST Member

irunmiles wrote:
There is no mention of the trans pump,filters,a/c cond as parts, so how do I determine if they really replaced it? It looks like they charge DCX for the time.

As best I recall (pardon the pun) the F37 Notification basically comes as a "parts kit" that includes all of the above mentioned items, so that could be the explanation behind no individual part numbers.

Greg

*SOLD*2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 CRD, Bright Silver Metallic, Dk/Lt Slate Gray Leather w/bun warmers, 5 spd auto, 22G pkg, Trailer Tow, 3.73 Rear Axle w/Trac-Lok Differential, P235/70R16 Firestone Destination LE's, Power Sunroof, Selec-Trac 4WD, Infinity 6-Disc In-Dash, Magnaflow #15870 System.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

gsbrockman wrote:
irunmiles wrote:

As best I recall (pardon the pun) the F37 Notification basically comes as a "parts kit" that includes all of the above mentioned items, so that could be the explanation behind no individual part numbers.

Greg

The F37 recall is two parts. All get the torque converter and reflash under the recall. THEN IF one of a few things are observed, a certain error code or a rattely noise, then you get the pump and it does have the parts you mentioned :!: You don't get the pump automatically :shock: But if you develope a leak like many have after the surgery then you'll get the pump :roll:

Post subject: Re: CRD towed back to dealer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

alljeep wrote:
Mine is still seeping tranny fluid after checking today at lunch time. Maybe it will dry up. My fear is they may have ruined my perfectly operating CRD with this F37. I stayed on top of all the TSBs. Filter TSB at 8k miles after fightng with the dealer for 4k+ miles to get it done. Also the first reflash (21-009-06?) at about 9k miles (after major fighting to get it done) and again had the most recent reflash, 18-023-06 at 14k miles with even more fighting to get that done. Each time an appointment was made and the vehicle was never worked on until the 2nd or 3rd day after drop off. BUT, my Jeep still ran PERFECT and looked as good too!

Now this F37 - 6 days in the shop and they didn't even start on it until the 5th or 6th day. I scheduled with the SA on December 1st and asked if they had the part or needed to order it - he paused, checked his computer(supposedly) and said "yes, parts are in stock" but a week later he denied ever saying that as there were no parts to be found.

They refused to remove my skid plates without charge(even though the F37 calls for it) so I had to do it myself (with bad back) to pre-prep for my scheduled appointment - FOR THE THIRD TIME THIS YEAR! Those stupid nut-zerts do wear out and with the amount of skid plate on and off I've had to do myself - one already broke and several more are close to it. The dealership should be replacing those for me as well.

After 2 days, they agreed to give me a rental car (Friday night) but it had to be back my Monday morning - nice.... We agreed to a loaner car (non-smoking) to be delivered to my house Monday morning. It showed up and the a-hole that delivered it got out of the car smoking a cigarette, gave me a sh*t look, and flicked his cigarette into the street - making it useless for my wife to drive with her compromised immune system. I drove the smoke bomb to work and back once.

Now, careful inspection reveals some wire connectors damaged, the x-fer case shift cable retaining ring damaged, oil filter damaged, insulation damaged, and a possible transmission leak (maybe it will dry up). Oh yeah, the transmission cross member was slightly off from before so the skid plate holes did not line up perfect so I spent another 3 hours of my time fixing that last night.

Thanks for the great customer service WESTGATE CJD, PLAINFIELD, IN !!!

:evil:

I guarante about 50% of people in this recall will have similiar experiences, if not more. Jeep builds really cool vehicles that people want to purchase, but the servicing side of Jeep is structurally flawed to the core and needs major revamping.

Just thought I'd sift through the 40 pages of this crap to quote myself and thus reiterate my dissatisifaction with Jeep's customer service.

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:11 am 
LOST Member

So back to my original question, how can I tell if they replaced the tranny pump? The service manager says they did not, but my paperwork indicates they charged the labor. Is there something on my Jeep that tells me that a new tranny pump was installed as part of the recall?

OEM Skids and Rails, EVIC, Mr Diesel Fuel Pump
Michelin XTerrains 235/70/16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Vehicle purchased with F37 from factory, has always clunked. Manual downshift will take 6-8 seconds after shift and really bang into gear, violently.
Very easy to overrev torque converter, 3-4 times WOT at 60km and it will engage at 3700rpm and you can keep it there. I calculated stall speed at 2500rpm but I'm not so sure any more, might be higher. It's hard to tell with all the electronics, especially all the sub systems that function around the ABS, you can't really have any fun in the snow and drift the vehicle as the front brakes keep coming on by themselves, strange feeling. Anyways, I suspect a new Rev for the F37 sometime soon.

2000 Golf TDI
1991 Jetta Turbo Diesel (great car)
1986 Golf Diesel
1982 Westfalia Diesel
1979 Rabbit Diesel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:15 am 
LOST Addict

irunmiles wrote:
So back to my original question, how can I tell if they replaced the tranny pump? The service manager says they did not, but my paperwork indicates they charged the labor. Is there something on my Jeep that tells me that a new tranny pump was installed as part of the recall?

New pump is in a kit with a new A/C condensor-transmission cooler combo (part# CECAF371). Look through your front grill to see if you have a new cooler behind the electric fan. It will be black & shiney.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:21 pm 
LOST Addict

I really don't want the F37 to happen to my vehicle. But what if something else goes wrong with it and I want to bring it in to the dealer for warranty work? They'll hold it hostage until they can do the "recall".

If I take that reply card that came with the F37 notice and mail it back to DCX, will they take me out of the computer as needing F37? If so, would it be better to check the box for "already worked on", or "inspected and didn't have problem"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

There will be a few of us that have the pump and not the shiny cooler. Some were done without
damage first and without complete tear down, with a cooperative dealer and common sense.

Tal & Hadas Grill Guard/TransGo Shift Kit
V-6 AirBox/Lunar Boost & EGT
Lund Cold Weather Grill Insert
OEM updated Filter Head, Cummins Lift Pump

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next