It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:20 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
This is all very interesting...
How do I get a set to Australia...

And make sure its all "The right" gears, pinion and install kit????

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: Sin City USA
cmohr wrote:
This is all very interesting...
How do I get a set to Australia...

And make sure its all "The right" gears, pinion and install kit????


What would you like to know? do you want one of us to call them and get more info for you?

They don't have stores or shops down under that sell gears and what not ?

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
if anyone overseas needs help getting the gears, shoot me a PM and Ill help you out as much as I can.

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:39 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
We just get all incorrect info all the time.. guys have had heaps of hassles getting the right stuff, esp the D30A, places say, "Yes yes, we know its a D30a this is the right one" then, surprise surprise, they end up suppling a D30 IE wrong Pinion, wrong install kit. And then It all gets too hard for them , and they drop the ball and cry, and its for a Jeep, and a KJ Jeep at that, so that means an extra 50% mark-up. $3000.00 for ratios is maybe a little too much me thinks :wink: Everytime we what something for a KJ down here, most think that they can rip us an extra a-hole in the process.

I want to know that these are the right gears, and that someone has ordered, recieved, and installed them, and that they work....

I'll have a chat to some of the other guys down here who have installed theirs, and some of the other guys that want to like me, and see if we can do a bulk buy....

Jsc7002 ,thanks Matey, we may very well be intouch in the near future, also may have a chat with corwyn about it too.

You Americans.....So lucky you make em over there..if only KJ parts were like Kangaroo's , you can't drive down the street without bumping into one here :lol:

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
I dont think anyone has installed them yet, but the pn is correct, and the pn on the site matches so they should be the correct gears.

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Twentynine Palms, CA
Here is a quick rundown of my set up so far:

Purchased-
4.10 gears front trailquest 150
4.10 gears rear ebay 195
4.10 instal kit rear ebay 85
4.10 install kit front trail quest 138

Looking at front locker for 360 and rear locker for 575. haven't bought still deciding if I need/want.

_________________
Will
05 Limited 4x4 Franky II Al's A-arms Black Moabs with MTR's Remote Start SOLD
06 TJ Rubicon Built
06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
cmohr wrote:
and some of the other guys that want to like me, :lol:


I DO like you Chris, whether I want to or not!

_________________
November 2006 2.8 CRD manual, CRDSTU front springs, King HD rears, Polyairs, LT245/70R16 Pirelli Scorpion ATRs, DP chip, Airflow snorkel
TJM alloy front bar, Ox 9500lb winch, Hella Compact 4000 spots, Complete set Mopar skid plates, Mopar cargo barrier
GME TX3440 UHF, Codan NGT HF


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
pipeliner wrote:
cmohr wrote:
and some of the other guys that want to like me, :lol:


I DO like you Chris, whether I want to or not!


Yeah, we like you cmohr :D

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
CD wrote:
pipeliner wrote:
cmohr wrote:
and some of the other guys that want to like me, :lol:


I DO like you Chris, whether I want to or not!


Yeah, we like you cmohr :D



Ok Let me punctuate that better for you..

cmohr wrote:
I'll have a chat to some of the other guys down here who have installed theirs( 4.10 ratios), and some of the other guys that want to (pause)........ like me ( instal 4.10 ratios) ............. and see if we can do a bulk buy.... :



:roll:

Still doing sums down here, anybody got a good idea on the weight and box sizing, so I can get a better idea of freight costs???

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:32 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Twentynine Palms, CA
OK, I have everything but lockers,(see post in 4x4 section)

the weights are not that bad.

Front install kit from TrailQuest 10.5 lbs
Front 4.10 Gears from TrailQuest under 10 lbs

Rear 4.10 Gears from Ebay 16lbs
Rear install from ebay under 10 lbs

_________________
Will
05 Limited 4x4 Franky II Al's A-arms Black Moabs with MTR's Remote Start SOLD
06 TJ Rubicon Built
06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Twentynine Palms, CA
The Motive gears that I got for the rear say "break in period required for gears", what will this take for the break in period?

_________________
Will
05 Limited 4x4 Franky II Al's A-arms Black Moabs with MTR's Remote Start SOLD
06 TJ Rubicon Built
06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:16 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
KJ Willy wrote:
The Motive gears that I got for the rear say "break in period required for gears", what will this take for the break in period?
Yes there is break in period,it's also called "heat cycling" which will make your gears live/last longer.Oh and don't forget to change the diff fluids after the first 500miles,do it right and pull the covers off(rear diff)and clean all the junk out.

http://www.4x4now.com/gt0999.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
Thanks Lads... Hmmm up to 50lbs.....Plus if I want DTT's..

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:02 am 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:18 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Hi i need to confirm the KJ 8 1/4 is 29 spline

there are a few vendors on ebay selling motive r and p's for KJ's but state they advertise them with a 27 pinion spline count

help me

_________________
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/742957
aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:25 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
Fouros wrote:
Hi i need to confirm the KJ 8 1/4 is 29 spline

there are a few vendors on ebay selling motive r and p's for KJ's but state they advertise them with a 27 pinion spline count

help me


the rear is a 29 spline. If you go through some of the previous pages I have linked all of the pages for everything you need to go a regear with the lowest prices I could find and still use quality products.

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Fouros wrote:
Hi i need to confirm the KJ 8 1/4 is 29 spline

there are a few vendors on ebay selling motive r and p's for KJ's but state they advertise them with a 27 pinion spline count

help me
27 or 29 spline has nothing to do with the gear set,it only comes into play for a locker/LSD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Twentynine Palms, CA
So I run Amsoil all around, should I run it ffor the first 500 then change and continue to run it?

Also to heat cycle the front gears should 4 wheel drive be used?

_________________
Will
05 Limited 4x4 Franky II Al's A-arms Black Moabs with MTR's Remote Start SOLD
06 TJ Rubicon Built
06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
KJ Willy wrote:
So I run Amsoil all around, should I run it ffor the first 500 then change and continue to run it?

Also to heat cycle the front gears should 4 wheel drive be used?
I'd use just regular 80-90 gear oil for the 500 mile breakin then swap in the Amsoil unless you like dishing out the big $$$ to run Amsoil for only 500miles.Since the front diff is always turning even in 2wd no need to engage 4wd to break in the fronts,though it will take much longer to breakin the fronts but you'll be fine after the 1st 500miles to change gear lube and drive like normal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:56 pm 
I was doing some searching tonight and came across this
Chrysler 8.25" Gear and Locker Install (Incomplete)
that was found in this link. Might be some useful info in there.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Twentynine Palms, CA
Recieved my front locker today and ordered the rear locker, I should have just ordered them both at the same time so I could go get it done.

Once I get the rear locker here I go find a place to install it all. Can't wait.

_________________
Will
05 Limited 4x4 Franky II Al's A-arms Black Moabs with MTR's Remote Start SOLD
06 TJ Rubicon Built
06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com