It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:15 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Jeger thats my point all the way, each manufacturer thinks I have a hot selling vehicle here so now I have to make it bigger, has happened to lots of great cars/suvs etc. From Thunderbirds, Broncos, even a great selling Toyota the Rav 4 and others. Oh well maybe thats why I am not working for Jeep but the great State of Ohio! OH and I am not doing this on state time, have the morning off !LOL You know how people talk about state employees :wink:
Tom

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:17 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
I think the KK will be almost as succesful as the KJ... It's a nice vehicle that has more creature comforts than the model it's replacing. The new Liberty will get a lot of new sales but I doubt it'll get any carryover sales. Honestly out of the hundreds of thousands that were sold, how many KJ's are really being used in an off-road enviornment?

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:24 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
ThunderbirdJunkie you never had a roller dog? OK so thats what we have always called the hot dogs etc in C stores, the ones on the machines rolling all day long till somebody grabs one ! :wink: :wink: :lol: Can not live without them, road trip food! Two roller dogs, a Reeses peanut butter cup and a Mountain Dew will take you miles and miles :lol:

tom

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:29 am 
oh THAT'S a roller dog! I've had em, just never heard them called that

I usually grab a Dr. Pepper with mine, and some Combos...because my twisted little theory says that the salt helps absorb the other "fluids". Still doesn't work though:P

And sleeve...to be ULTRA realistic...how many lifted fullsize trucks even go off road? All day you'll see these shined up Chebbies on 35s cruisin around, but most of them are guys with "manhood issues":P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
Indeed... Don't forget all the H2's that are running around Detroit. Gotta have that tank of an SUV just in case you get hit by an IED???

I still think that the Liberty will be so different that most people who own an existing KJ will probably not consider another one. Creature comforts are a plus, but it's just reskinned in a way and the MPG hasn't gone up.

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
kind of my thoughts sleeve84028, did all this to change it but not any better mileage etc. Change just to change, maybe better seats, but if I want better seats I will go aftermarket, seats that lay down, working on that now with mine, spare underneath, stupid idea, oh well :lol: :lol:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:20 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
T-birdjunkie,

The seats do fold down flat in the newer model KJ's, just not in those of us with KJ's from the first few years.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
Today I got my invitation for "Jeep Premiere Event" I think it is for August 17th, I have to go back and look at it. It is night event in Manhattan. Prizes and stuff to draw jeep crowd, and I look at the line, KJ is gone, KK is there.

Dodge
Chrysler
Jeep

they have their line up of all vehicles, and KJ has been replaced officially by KK on that little invitation fold-out. I expect KJ to disappear in the week of August 16-20th from Jeep website as well...

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Yep, the Durango, once a manly looking SUV, now looks like a minivan. How sad. I used to want a Durango (before I discovered the KJ).

I'm not bashing the KK, I am bashing DC. The KJ replaced the Cherokee, that had been around forever and was just fine....but it was a completely different vehicle. DC took a great selling SUV in the KJ and changed it way way too much and still calling it a Liberty.

Kinda like the Mustangs of the 60's and early 70's and then they came out with those Pinto-looking Mustang's from `74-78.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Chrysler Premeire Event
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:31 am
Posts: 1029
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
I received an invitation too. It arrived today and says the event July 15th is in Golden, Colorado from 6:00PM till 9:00PM Don't know If I'll be able to make it I may have to work that evening. But I might just try to go just for giggles :o

LEAD :D FOLLOW :P or GET OUT of THE WAY :shock: :twisted: 8) :-)r :-)r :-)r


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:49 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I think they should only do that here in Toledo, but they never do.............we just give them all the tax breaks to stay here

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
I got one of those invitations too. Bragged about the new warranty.

On the way home I saw a KK with an Enterprise Rental Car sticker on it and temp plates. It looks better in person. It looks like it has a wider stance than the KJ or nitro. Not sure if it does, but it looks that way. I don't dig the tire and departure angles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 3544
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
I just wish they would have got around to FIXING the LowerBallJoints after 6 years...replacing the aluminum front diff with a stronger unit...worked on a flat floor for the KJ...had a spine and kept the DIESEL ALIVE. My point is there was still some room for improvement...instead they start a basically all new chassis...they could have just made an Extended KJ to go with the current KJ...they could have made a two door panel wagon...they could have done much more...

_________________
Founder of L.O.S.T.
2006 CRD Sport

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:03 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
agree with you Darby there was a lot they could of done with the platform they currently have but Oh well too late now

Tom

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chrysler Premeire Event
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:59 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Rush345 wrote:
I received an invitation too. It arrived today and says the event July 15th is in Golden, Colorado from 6:00PM till 9:00PM Don't know If I'll be able to make it I may have to work that evening. But I might just try to go just for giggles :o



I don't think you are going to make the July 15 date unless it is scheduled for 2008.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: My Bad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:10 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:31 am
Posts: 1029
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Sorry about that my bad August 15th thanks .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:35 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 855
Location: Maple Ridge B.C
still dont like the kk. The improvements that were made for it, were for the people whining it was car-like enough. They did nothing for any offroading, hell they made it worse for offroading and the spare tire is now underneith, i love having it on the back hatch, much easier access.

But im sure it will sell great since only 20% of SUV's ever leave the pavement anyways. Im not bothered too much, there will be plenty of KJ's to choose from, they range form 02-07. By the time i ever want to upgrade from my rene, cars will fly anyways.

_________________
2004 Liberty Renegade
Silver, loaded
Full skid plates
255/65/16 yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Tow hooks
Flowmaster super 44


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unveiling of the 08 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 am
Posts: 620
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Really old post I know. I was searching for something else and came across this. In light of all the commotion with the newer Jeeps (KL, Renegade, and the possibility that the next Wrangler could be IFS) I decided to bring this up fromt the grave.
I was surprised to see such hostility and lack of confidence in the KK. I expected it from the other models (JK,TJ,XJ, etc.), but not as much from the KJ crowd. I understand that it replaced the beloved KJ. In fact, I felt the same way about the KL. But I've been trying to keep an open mind on the KL (I know I'm guilty of occasionally bashing it) and new Renegade (though I will probably never buy either). I see them going through the same thing that the KK's and KJ's went through when they were new. I'm really hoping that in a couple years they will become proud actively wheeling members of our LOST community (I know there's a KL section already).

One of the things I love about LOST is the acceptance. It amazes me how there are still people in some other Jeep clubs and forums who diss (and not in the common jocular way) all non SFA Jeeps. Just last week I had some one ask of Liberties are even considered Jeeps. And a couple of months ago I had a very "influential" member of one of our local clubs imply that I was better off selling my KK and buying a Wrangler, that modding it was pointless as it would never be as capable as even a slightly modded Wrangler. Even after I had conquered stuff in my KK that some of the bigger JK's didn't. Here, however, it doesn't matter what Jeep you drive (MK, XK, KJ, KK, KL etc.) if you wheel it or mod it, then you're welcome. In fact I'm so excited to see one of these "soft roaders" wheel that in Lonestar Lost I'm offering to pay the park admission fee for the first 4x4 KL, MK, and WK2 that joins us and wheels with us at one of our events (PINS excluded). I can't wait to see one get dirty with us. :JEEPIN:

Now to continue this discussion. To all the older original members and KJ owners from the time frame of this original post (I know many aren't active anymore and I don't just mean those who previously posted), after 5 years in production, what is your current opinion on the KK? Has it grown on you? Do you still think it's the ugliest thing Jeep ever made? Just another mall crawler that tainted the Jeep and Liberty name? Or were you pleasantly surprised with it's off-road capabilities, durability (darn rack & pinion), and versatility?
If you still don't like it, no offense will be taken. I know I personally prefer the looks of my KK over that of the KJ. I do not wish to bring up old tensions or start any arguments, I'm just curious to see how views and opinions have changed. Hopefully it will be comforting to the newer future Jeeps coming out that are often ostracized. :POPCORN:

_________________
(The worst thing you can do to a Jeep...is never taking it off road.)
'15 WK2 Ecodiesel Overland (My Overland rig)
'11 Green KK Renegade (My Crawler!)
Texans, come join us at Lone Star LOST!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253493118163702?ref=bookmark&_rdr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unveiling of the 08 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
Actual post 37 is a little wrong they un cute'd the KK to try to get male buyers. If your asking KK owners I like mine still impressing me,and going where the going is tuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unveiling of the 08 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 am
Posts: 620
Location: San Antonio, Tx
This is open to everybody. KJ only owners, KK only owners, and those brave KJ owners who switched to the Dark Side and now own a KK (but not the KK owners who switched to the KJ. Blasphemy! :jester: ). Again my intent is not to start a flame war, as I'm sure this will get shut down. Just do get peoples honest opinions. I personally don't mind good natured jabs either :-)r ( I know I do that to the KJ's and it's kind of a Jeep tradition).

_________________
(The worst thing you can do to a Jeep...is never taking it off road.)
'15 WK2 Ecodiesel Overland (My Overland rig)
'11 Green KK Renegade (My Crawler!)
Texans, come join us at Lone Star LOST!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253493118163702?ref=bookmark&_rdr


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com