It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Which one is best?
'02 Jeep Grand Cherokee 73%  73%  [ 43 ]
'02 Nissan Pathfinder 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
'02 Dodge Dakota Sport 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 59
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:28 pm
Posts: 475
Location: Chesapeake, VA
SavageSS27 wrote:
So I don't know how well the replacement axle was welded in, that might have had a lot to do with all the damage.


Welded in??? I just had my rear axel replaced and there is no welding to be done. It is all bolted in.

_________________
LostRenegade - Lost # 477
2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Silver
Mopar Skids, Skid Row Tranny Skid, Boulder Bars, Frankenlift II, 60" Hi-Lift Jack, K&N 6x9 Air Filter, Magnaflow, Dertoit Locker, 245/75R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Al's A-Arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:54 pm
Posts: 142
Location: Louisville Ky
I have a 1999 and 1/2 Nissan Pathfinder SE, I bought it before I got my KJ. My wife drives it now but we still take it out and try to get it stuck in the mud. Its got almost 160,000 miles on it and still runs like the day I bought it. It drives like a car. Nice and smooth.

_________________
2003 Black KJ Limited
-renegade front bumper
-renegade roof rack (sometimes)
-Michelin LTX AT2's (P235/70 R16)
-tow hooks (front) D-ring (back)
-graphite tail light guards
-K&N air filter

bluegrasslost member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:00 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
I voted for the Jeep for sure but whatever you end up w/, STAY LOST! :)

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:41 pm
Posts: 510
Location: Eatontown, NJ
LR,
My mistake. What I meant to say is that I'm not sure how well the shock mount and link mount were welded to the axle. If you look at the pics you can clearly see that the link mount and shock mount tore right off of the axle tube at the welds, no bolts shearing or anything like that. The welds should be the strongest metal on that thing, so I'm suspicious as to why they failed.

Marty,
Looks like I won't be going that route. I know they're nice and all, and the one i looked at is CLEAN! But it's at one of those hole-in-the-wall used car dealerships. Even though it's low mileage, I don't think I can take it w/o a warranty of some kind. Maybe I'll buy a pathy when I can afford another toy, I do still want a manual to play with, but It'll probably be something smaller and sportier. Maybe I can find a good Z for cheap with the VQ in it.

JJ,
You can bet on it man. Like I said, you guys have been really great to me and I love these forums. Looks like I'll end up with a WJ after all, so plan on seeing more of me in the future. Oh, and I'll definitely be contacting you for some oil. :-)


As for the rest of you LOST KJers, if anyone is interested in those parts I listed in a previous post, please let me know, I'll be very reasonable on the prices being as I don't have any use for them anymore :-(

Oh, and you can add to the list a full set of skidplates, with the hardware still zip-tied to them. Never installed, and the Gas tank skid hasn't even been out of the box.

_________________
"It's not stuck...it just doesn't want to move on its own..."

Silver 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland (Not running as of 12/30/2014. Suspect dropped valve seat)

White 2003 Liberty Limited (RIP)

L.O.S.T. #: DV053827


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:47 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
Truely a sad tale...

Hopefully the Grand will serve you just as well as the KJ. And I'm sure you will be able to appreciate the added interior room and comfort. I've always wanted a grand but never wanted to make the payments on one.

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 222
Have them fix the blend door, and the sticky throttle and go with the Jeep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:25 pm 
Make 'em put a straight pipe in there to replace the muffler too, so everybody knows ya mean business :lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
SavageSS27 wrote:

Marty,
Looks like I won't be going that route. I know they're nice and all, and the one i looked at is CLEAN! But it's at one of those hole-in-the-wall used car dealerships. Even though it's low mileage, I don't think I can take it w/o a warranty of some kind. Maybe I'll buy a pathy when I can afford another toy, I do still want a manual to play with, but It'll probably be something smaller and sportier. Maybe I can find a good Z for cheap with the VQ in it.

Oh, and you can add to the list a full set of skidplates, with the hardware still zip-tied to them. Never installed, and the Gas tank skid hasn't even been out of the box.


Hmmm, thinking about a 350z huh? I'm pretty big into the 300zx world too:
Image



Whatcha want for the skidplates?

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:41 pm
Posts: 510
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Sir Sam,
Yeah, my dad had a 300ZX a while back, I never got to see it before he totaled it, it was long before I was around. By "z" I meant pretty much any Z car. A 350 would be nice, but I'd like a 300 too. Did those ever have the VQ 6s in them? Send me a PM and I'll give you a price on the skids.

_________________
"It's not stuck...it just doesn't want to move on its own..."

Silver 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland (Not running as of 12/30/2014. Suspect dropped valve seat)

White 2003 Liberty Limited (RIP)

L.O.S.T. #: DV053827


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:54 pm
Posts: 142
Location: Louisville Ky
SavageSS27 wrote:
Sir Sam,
Yeah, my dad had a 300ZX a while back, I never got to see it before he totaled it, it was long before I was around. By "z" I meant pretty much any Z car. A 350 would be nice, but I'd like a 300 too. Did those ever have the VQ 6s in them? Send me a PM and I'll give you a price on the skids.


I wish I had had a Z. I did have a 240 SX when I got married. That was probably the fastest 6 cylinder cars I have ever driven.

If Sir Sam is not interested in the skids pm me a price. I am looking for some.

_________________
2003 Black KJ Limited
-renegade front bumper
-renegade roof rack (sometimes)
-Michelin LTX AT2's (P235/70 R16)
-tow hooks (front) D-ring (back)
-graphite tail light guards
-K&N air filter

bluegrasslost member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
SavageSS27 wrote:
Sir Sam,
Yeah, my dad had a 300ZX a while back, I never got to see it before he totaled it, it was long before I was around. By "z" I meant pretty much any Z car. A 350 would be nice, but I'd like a 300 too. Did those ever have the VQ 6s in them? Send me a PM and I'll give you a price on the skids.


No, the z32(90-96 300zx) used the VG30DE and VG30DETT.

While the VQ35DE is a very nice engine, the factory VG30DETT makes more power and has a greater potential for power in the stock form. To really get power out of the VQ you have to add forced induction.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Get a back ground check on any of the rides before you buy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:27 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:31 am
Posts: 1029
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
I regret to say that the Nissan is a better vehicle but as others have mentioned that it should have a higher sale value. I owned 2 different models of Toyotas before and they had a superior fit and finish and better running records then their American counter parts in the same class. But geet a report first because as the old saying goes if a deal is to good to be true it probably is :twisted: 8) :wink:

_________________
LEAD FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY
2002 Sport 4x4 3.7 L w/auto
Amsoil from bumper to bumper, Amsoil Air Filter
PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:41 pm
Posts: 510
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Well, it's finally done. I ended up buying a 2002 WJ Overland with about 72k on it. I got a pretty sweet deal on it and the truck is in REALLY good shape. I'll try to get some pics up in the next couple of days. Then I'll add it to my sig and change my avatar pic :D It has the usual quirks: The driver's blend door is busted and the seat heater doesn't work. But those are easy repairs. I already have a fix in mind that should be free, so I'll update you guys on that when it's done. (I plan to retain the ability to move the blend door without having to cut a huge hole in the housing) Already put in the Alpine HU and the iPod, gonna do the speakers next.

Overall though, the truck is great. Went and got some new lights and wipers for it last night and topped off the tank after putting in some fuel system cleaner. I love how much more power the 4.7HO has than the 3.7 in my KJ. The interior is really comfortable too. I'm already pretty attached to it and I think I'm gonna start doing all but the most major repairs on my own. I'm taking it to a local detail shop to have the paint touched up and polished and have a ding removed. Then it should be just about perfect.

On another note, does anyone know how to get the seat positions programmed into the key fob so I don't have to press the memory button every time I get in? I ordered an owners manual last night, but it'll probably be a while before it gets here.

_________________
"It's not stuck...it just doesn't want to move on its own..."

Silver 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland (Not running as of 12/30/2014. Suspect dropped valve seat)

White 2003 Liberty Limited (RIP)

L.O.S.T. #: DV053827


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Very cool. Sounds like a nice addition to the LOST family.
Be sure to share your tech finds, fixes, etc in the Grand Cherokee section. We need to get more content in there.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:41 pm
Posts: 510
Location: Eatontown, NJ
JJ,
You bet man. Can you shoot me a PM with some info about oil. I'd like to buy a few quarts from you for the new ride. :lol:

I just took some pics, I'm gonna go root through 'em and see if there are any worth posting.

_________________
"It's not stuck...it just doesn't want to move on its own..."

Silver 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland (Not running as of 12/30/2014. Suspect dropped valve seat)

White 2003 Liberty Limited (RIP)

L.O.S.T. #: DV053827


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com