It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:30 am
Posts: 1036
Location: Stillwater, MN
My class III has yet to let me down when I needed a tow point and I have had stucks up to the top of fender flairs. The kind of stucks that require a 4x4 tractor to pull you out. I get stuck at least twice a week in mud. My class III has also freed a stuck 3/4 ton diesel chevy suburban, two dodge 1/2 tons and one Ford 1/2 ton. It is the best value on the market. It costs $40 less then a Draw-Tite and $20 less then a hidden hitch. With the money left over I bought a new recovery strap.

_________________
'02 KJ Sport V6 4x4
3/8" Clevis lift
Rusty's 2.5 lift
255/70/R16 Fleet Farm All Terrain (yes they work)
Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio
LOST #: JH061986
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:15 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:10 pm
Posts: 77
Location: CNY
is your reese a universal or correct fitment? From what I can tell 9 times out of 10 the Draw-Tite and Reese hitches are the exact same design (and likely the same differently branded hitch). But locally I cant find anythiing but the universal setups....and considering there are enough offerings for correct fitment I wanst going that route.

I got myself a Draw-Tite and couldnt be happier.

_________________
#666
Lifted & No-Slipped [sold]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:37 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Neverland
I have the Borla catback dual exhaust. Do you think the exhaust would get in the way of installing the drawtite? Because i realy dont want to take the exhaust off to put the hitch on....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
hey ManicMechanicJoe, shut ur pie hole!! lol jk, my hitch is better and u cant get over it. :lol:

No really, when i ordered the draw tite the only reason i got it was b/c it stuck out farther. Ive heard of people having trouble getting a 9in receiver to work and i can with no drop with mine. I now have a 2in drop though with the lift and all. I just cant see it hurting anything being 7500/750, makes me fell better about it. I like to over do things. Like getting the OME rear HD springs, i just wanted to be sure it never would sag. :wink:

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:12 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:30 am
Posts: 1036
Location: Stillwater, MN
Hey JeepJeepster-you're just jealous because my hitch works just as well and cost less. Try shopping :wink: Yes your hitch may be prettier, but I paid $40 less. I looked at the box and it is set up for 7500 pounds, 750 tounge weight if i add the tow bar-no need to do so.

i have a long hitch so it clears no problem. I only ever tow a boat trailer so its set up that way. As for wether it's vehicle specific or universal- it is a multi-mount and will work on a variety of cars. Same brand and model my dad has used on all of his full sizes and suburbans. works great.

_________________
'02 KJ Sport V6 4x4
3/8" Clevis lift
Rusty's 2.5 lift
255/70/R16 Fleet Farm All Terrain (yes they work)
Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio
LOST #: JH061986
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com