It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
attract and then run over small children? ;)

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 am
Posts: 824
Location: Canada
lol @ Ridenby


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: Somerset, Kentucky
This is something I would do....

Image

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

_________________
Doorless Liberty Instructions
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59612&p=739557#p739557


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: Somerset, Kentucky
What you can do with a correctly built 4dr JK

Image

_________________
Doorless Liberty Instructions
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59612&p=739557#p739557


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 pm
Posts: 587
Location: Trenton, MO
I wanted the new 4dr JK, but it was like 10k more than what I paid for the Libby. Now I wish I would have got it. Just because I like the open top feeling. I think though that my Libby could keep up with one off road. Even stock it suprised the crap outta my buddys and I.

_________________
2005 Jeep Liberty.....SOLD =(

1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ





http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897619/2005-jeep-liberty-sport-sport-utility-4d


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:19 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 688
Location: ky
KJ_WHEELER_2010 wrote:
I wanted the new 4dr JK, but it was like 10k more than what I paid for the Libby. Now I wish I would have got it. Just because I like the open top feeling. I think though that my Libby could keep up with one off road. Even stock it suprised the crap outta my buddys and I.

The operator is a major factor.

_________________
02 Sport,Frankenlifted,JBA arms,31/11.50/15 LTB,Aussie locker,204,000m
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
I would be surprised if any of the folks in the Photos would be willing to drive 900 - 1200 highway miles to get to a trail..............

around here they'd just be Mall Crawlers..

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: Somerset, Kentucky
ATXKJ wrote:
I would be surprised if any of the folks in the Photos would be willing to drive 900 - 1200 highway miles to get to a trail..............

around here they'd just be Mall Crawlers..


The ones I posted of the JK's were creations of Camp Crocker who owns COP 4x4 in Arizona. Needless to say he has the funds to do a 900-1,200 mile trip and frequents MOAB and all the top notch off-roading destinations in the U.S.

If I had the funds to do a 900-1,200 miles off-roading trip, I would. But I don't and my Liberty isn't worthy to do such a thing.

_________________
Doorless Liberty Instructions
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59612&p=739557#p739557


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:02 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: Somerset, Kentucky
KJ_WHEELER_2010 wrote:
Even stock it suprised the crap outta my buddys and I.


They don't know what your Liberty did stock at Dirty Turtle. :wink: :lol:
His Liberty out did some of the buggies there! :shock:

_________________
Doorless Liberty Instructions
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59612&p=739557#p739557


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:38 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
blackwidowkj06 wrote:
my Liberty isn't worthy to do such a thing.


My Liberty has done that - 900 miles to Colorado. 1200 miles to Moab - and will do that again in the future - that's exactly the point.

the big tired folks - when they go on long trips - put the jeep on a trailer and haul it.
(if they're already in Colo/Utah - they're just driving a few miles - no big deal)

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: Somerset, Kentucky
ATXKJ wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:
my Liberty isn't worthy to do such a thing.


My Liberty has done that - 900 miles to Colorado. 1200 miles to Moab - and will do that again in the future - that's exactly the point.

the big tired folks - when they go on long trips - put the jeep on a trailer and haul it.
(if they're already in Colo/Utah - they're just driving a few miles - no big deal)

The reason I said it isn't worthy is because it's not built up yet to handle such a drive. I would love for my KJ to have half the stuff most of you all have on your KJs. That takes time though and I'm willing to wait for my KJ to be worthy to make such a trip. :D Who knows, maybe that will be next year. :mrgreen:

I'm still riding on a Daystar lift :roll:
So first thing is OME lift and JBA a-arms

_________________
Doorless Liberty Instructions
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59612&p=739557#p739557


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
I made 2 trips to Moab on a Daystar lift (so have a lot of other folks) and if you come out next May you'll find out how capable your Liberty is.

The advantage of a Liberty over a Wrangler - is that a lot of folks from all over the country - feel comfortable driving from Illinois, Ohio, California, Texas and places in between- to go Jeeping in Moab on serious offroad trails - and then drive back home again in those same Jeeps.

granted there are a lot of Wranglers there - but a lot of those (most?) are driven in and back on Trailers.
If a Wrangler makes that trip - they're pretty close to stock - they're not running 44's.

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: Somerset, Kentucky
ATXKJ wrote:
I made 2 trips to Moab on a Daystar lift (so have a lot of other folks) and if you come out next May you'll find out how capable your Liberty is.


I still do not feel comfortable making it out there on my current lift set up. I'm almost at 70,000 miles. :shock:
16,000 miles on the Daystar lift and many more to come (until I can buy OME and JBA a-arms). Might have 4.10s in the spring.
It will cost me hundreds of dollars in gas just to get out there, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
I hope there are some light trails out there I can do.

No "Bathtubs" for me :shock:

_________________
Doorless Liberty Instructions
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59612&p=739557#p739557


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:28 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
Id drive my jeep across the country and wheel it if i had the time off and funds and then drive it back. I have no worries about the jeep breaking or not living up to my standards, its my wallet that im affraid of.

The reason why i wouldnt drive one of those rigs through what i just said i would take my kj through is money. The trip out in one of those rigs would cost several times more then the whole trip in the kj. Not to mention the asphault ripping through $300+ tires like they were nothing. If i ever get serious enough for 35s on the kj it will probably be towed by the WJ for trips.

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 pm 
Offline
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Spokane, WA
I like the yellow brute style Wrangler, but... Anyone can build a JK or TJ and they all look the same... Build a KJ or KK and it will stand out!

_________________
I'm baaaaccckkk...
LOST Member 10
If you can read this you don't need glasses, go Wheel your Jeep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
Agreed!

Oh and I guess I dont need glasses as I could read it on my 12in 1440x900 res screen.

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com