It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:56 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 225
Location: Wisconsin
According to my factory manual for the 02 KJ: The rolling door lock feature can be toggled on/off with the DRB III tool only. I hate that feature and will likely have it disabled when I get a chance to get to a dealership or shop with the tool.

_________________
Early '02 Limited, Steel Blue, White Guts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:59 pm
Posts: 5
Gringo Loco wrote:
I have an 05 and got my horn to stop honking when you lock the doors, I'm looking for the post because someone posted on how to do it and it worked the first time. I just tried but couldn't get my honk back. :shock:

Found it.

Door lock 4-10 seconds, panic button = disable / enable horn chirp

Make sure you keep the lock button held down when you press the panic button.

Just checked and my honk came back :D .


Hey Gringo Loco, I just tried this and my wife is _so_ pleased with me!

Many thanks,

Simon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 522
Location: Laredo, TX
My pleasure.

_________________
Chris

2005 Renegade
Frankenlift
245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:54 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:00 am
Posts: 141
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
waddy whiteguts wrote:
According to my factory manual for the 02 KJ: The rolling door lock feature can be toggled on/off with the DRB III tool only. I hate that feature and will likely have it disabled when I get a chance to get to a dealership or shop with the tool.


I've had it with that feature 2. Next time at deale its gone.

_________________
05 Black Renegade, Cobra CB, Rustys 2.5" Suspension Lift, K&N, Founding Member Peace River Jeepers, I've owned 7 Jeeps and this is my Favorite. Revos 245/75/16.
95 YJ 35" MTs and 7.5" lift.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:49 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 63
Location: Northern Connecticut
Man, am I glad this post was started, I finally got rid of that annoying horn chirp!!!

Thanks a million!!!

Can the KJ be programed to unlock all the doors once you stop?

_________________
05 Liberty CRD Sport in Dark Khaki
Sirius satellite radio
ARB bumper
Safari Rack
All Husky lined
Full Mopar Armor / Olympic Rock Rails
Daystar 2.5 lift - Rancho RS 5000's
Moab rims
265/75/16 Kumho KL71 MTR's
Magnaflow muffler / DR perf module
Security system - German Shepard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:39 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 522
Location: Laredo, TX
I don't think so.

_________________
Chris

2005 Renegade
Frankenlift
245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:21 pm
Posts: 9
Gringo Loco wrote:
I have an 05 and got my horn to stop honking when you lock the doors, I'm looking for the post because someone posted on how to do it and it worked the first time. I just tried but couldn't get my honk back. :shock:

Found it.

Door lock 4-10 seconds, panic button = disable / enable horn chirp

Make sure you keep the lock button held down when you press the panic button.

Just checked and my honk came back :D .


Hey Gringo, I just double-checked what you suggested and it does not do quite do what you pointed out : what it did in my case was change the "activation" horn chirp for 2 shorter chirps instead (or, if I repeate the procedure, 1 "long" horn chirp) ... the deactivation horn chirp (2 beeps) remains as usual ...

Is it because my renny comes with the EVIC factory-installed ? Is it because it is assembled in Venezuela ?


Thanks ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:27 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 522
Location: Laredo, TX
Arturo, I don't know. What year is your KJ? It could be because it's made out of the US. Have you tried holding the lock key longer?

_________________
Chris

2005 Renegade
Frankenlift
245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:52 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:21 pm
Posts: 9
Gringo Loco wrote:
Arturo, I don't know. What year is your KJ? It could be because it's made out of the US. Have you tried holding the lock key longer?


Mine is 2006 ... it is just assembled out of the US (US specs and most of the parts). What do you mean by "holding the lock key longer" ? Longer than 10 secs while hitting the panics buttom ?

Thx !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:26 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 522
Location: Laredo, TX
Arturo, You should only have to hold the lock button for 4-10 sec, then while still holding the lock button press the panic button and release both buttons.

_________________
Chris

2005 Renegade
Frankenlift
245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:51 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
Code:
F.Y.I. Holding unlock for 5 sec. then pressing lock = all doors open on first press of unlock button...[quote]
Did this to my 03 Rennie & while it does work, I have a non factory alarm and what happens is then the alarm will go off when I press unlock and it won't turn off till I program the fob back the other way! I was out there with the alarm going off and the ignition wouldn't start either till I programmed it back to "Open driver door only w/one press"! :shock: [/quote]

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com